Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Why are you posting random Twitter takes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Moose-Alini posted:

Is rope kid working on this? Some of his stuff was my favorite in Witcher 3.

Nah, he's still at Obsidian (he's never worked at CDPR). Just released a new game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

If it's not a troll, they might be thinking of Comte de Saint-Germain, Obsidian guy that joined CDPR to work on Cyberpunk, but did some work on the Witcher DLC (and, for a dev, interacted a lot with goons).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Did he ever say what he did? Last I read TW3 thread was just after release and goons yelled at him enough to make him duck out for a bit.

I didn't follow that too closely because I haven't played the DLC, but he was a great contribution to the thread. Smart, cool guy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Korthal posted:

This is the real guy we should be cheering.

joking aside, the fidelity and amount of dumb detail in modern triple A game is astounding. and this is just one character out of a bustling street. just think of the man hours that went into sculpting him and the ride.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

pik_d posted:

There's another with IGN in just under 2 hours, and then another in the main E3 Colosseum in about 5 hours 10 minutes from now

Unless someone got an exclusive, these'll likely mostly be repeats of the same rehearsed answers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They did the exact same thing with The Witcher 3's E3 reveal. The press got to see and gush about the gameplay weeks (if not months) before we did.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

So mirrors?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

beats posted:

Pretty sure that's how it went. I don't think it's actually that uncommon.

Showing gameplay demos exclusively to the press is pretty rare these days, I think.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Inverness posted:

It's a first-person RPG not a first-person shooter.

immersive sim aspirations by any chance?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Man that term is so bad

don't like it much either, but it's the one that's stuck

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

beats posted:

screenshots like this

is- is that ME1 style film grain?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

prey was absolute poo poo because first person so you guys might be on to something here

:raise:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I did not expect the camera choice to be so controversial. Might be amplified by there being few other specifics to latch onto.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

ughhhhhh

Wow, frajaq, how very grognard of you

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Example of dialog. In response to something about you probably spending all the money on booze:

"I'm cleaner than a oval office at a convent"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sounds like there's a class of guns that automatically home in on targets (don't require aiming).

There's also a chip or whatever that displays bullet trajectories, allowing you to take out enemies by ricocheting bullets around corners.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You can run up walls (I guess with the right augmentations), and stick to walls by lodging your arm blades into them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Heard the environments compared, broadly, to Deus Ex without budgetary constraints. And the fast paced shooting and sliding in slo mo to vanquish.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

There was one of the skyline of Night City i think?

That wasn't a leak. It's at their booth.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CDPR gave out these bribes to anyone watching their demo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cowboy Bebop comparison is on point. Hadn't occurred to me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Since PC GTA V in first person is the closest game we have to this, anyone else playing that again while remaining erect for Cyberpunk? I am.

GTAV's such a shallow game. Beautiful, detailed world and enjoyable for what it is, but hopefully very different from CDPR's next RPG.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Amid the gushing of praise, practically the only concern I've heard is that the shooting and its feedback didn't always look fantastic.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

I've looked at that before it seemed interesting, didn't know you could be non combat. I'll definitely pick that up

Beware, it is of a rather grodnardy nature. Not for everyone.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Don't remember precisely why, but I didn't like DXHR's stealth. It definitely wasn't as crystal clear as an MGS about its stealth states, vision radiuses, etc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Earwicker posted:

is there a name for or category of LP's or other game streaming things like Twitch where it's just the person playing a video game SILENTLY without them trying to tell jokes or yelling at the screen or chatting up whoever is watching?

of course I can just turn the volume off it but would be nice to be able to hear some of the music and sound design in games i'm interested in maybe buying without some nerd yelling on top of it

Longplay. Sometimes just playthough, though that depends on the uploader.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Did Pondsmith do any interviews this E3 (besides w/ Angry Joe and the brief one already posted)?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Breaking, from a Polish interview: There will be sex. Lots of it.

Your gender affects some of these possibilities.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Satellite Reign

This actually good, or are you just name dropping cyberpunk titles you've heard of?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1008397022708293632

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

I just realized, it's first person and neither the trailer nor the demo showed any melee combat (except for the guy beating on the robot, but that didn't feel like anything the player will be able to do). Any chance this will be guns only? I mean "only" as in it may have melee combat, but only in the form of Deus Ex HR?

No, there's regular melee combat. The mantis blades got the most attention.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Turbl posted:

Someone leaked audio from the whole demo, it's taken down now but I listened to it. Female V sort of sounds like Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren on Star Wars Rebels) although it's hard to tell because the audio wasn't great quality. Also there was a Johnny Silverhand song.

I was thinking ME2's Jack/the female FO4 VA, but, yeah, hard to tell.

e:Courtenay Taylor

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

from what the journalists have been willing to say it sounds like the choices made during the play through differed for all the showcases.

That's not the impression I got.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That kind of reference loses half its charm when everyone's expecting it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

jesus the budget of this thing

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

This dialogue though, whoo boy. Somebody needs to tell the writers that saying oval office in video games isn't edgy anymore and maybe lay off the stereotypical mexican dialogue generator.

yup

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

succ posted:

What does quest reactivity mean?

stuff you do, decisions you make in one place influencing, enabling or even disabling stuff you can do elsewhere

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Looks cool.

In terms of reactivity it looks like Witcher 3 level (you probably have a few different options in quests that will have significant narrative consequences) but not, say, at the level of the immersive sim. It doesn't look like you could, say, kill the corporate agent and get out of there alive, or deal with the gang in a completely stealthy or nonviolent way

wonder if you could pull the trigger in any of those moments you had your gun against someone's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

esperterra posted:

oval office is my fave word so i was pleased by liberal use of such

I like how trashy and schlocky the dialogue is, as cyberpunk should be. As for the spanish dialogue generator it's set in future California so I'm amazed there was so little !!

i think they overdid the schlock a bit (oval office is phonetically pleasing)