Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Someone leak the demo video already, I'm going insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

:suicide:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

There's no rule that says a giraffe can't play football

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It went from not cyberpunk 2020 to becoming cyberpunk 2020.

I get the feeling when they made the 1st trailer pondsmith hadnt become much involved yet, his first interview video came out years later.

They had to coax him out of his friggin forest lair.

With books and samurai swords.

Dude definitely collects kimonos

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I'm gonna be the gigolo robot from A.I.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Whatever gets done Its going to offend people on both sides at this point and I doubt a polish developer really cares to dig into this

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

dogstile posted:

Because no matter how they're represented they're gonna get flack because they didn't do it "perfectly".

If I was making a game I wouldn't bother because its a lot of risk for very little reward.

This exactly. Literally do what Battletech did and let people do a generic option and leave it at that.

This thread alone is an example of how riled up people can get yelling at each other of terms and treatment of minority groups so I completely get stepping away from it.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Isn't the common adage that 90% of development is the last 10%?

Sort of but often not really. Generally depends on the team as quality control can really drag if management is loving around or doesn't know what they're doing

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

I will be the Cyberpunk equivalent of Mama from Throw Mama From The Train.

I'l be the cyberpunk equivalent of Stallone's mom from stop or my mom will shoot

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I'll be happy as long as I can have internal guns

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Just give me this game and I'll play the gently caress out of it

:hmbol:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

KillHour posted:

I'm okay with Paranoia not being true to the RPG as far as mechanics or experience. I think it's a setting with a ton of possibilities outside of the established game itself and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Have they described/shown gameplay at all. If this ends up being anything like evil genius I will lose my poo poo

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

fuf posted:

Yeah didn't the demo video have a gun with magic guided bullets?

I'm not used to first person on a controller but I'm going to do it just because I want to play on my couch on a big TV and not sitting at my desk like a freaking nerd.

Got myself a roccat Sova lap keyboard and hooked my main PC up for the couch. It's been a game changer

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

frajaq posted:

I found ANOTHER problematic drink these Poles are out of control!!!!

Dig that booty beetle

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Any news on that press only gameplay getting shown off at Gamescom this week?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

They mentioned a "Mr stud" cyberware.

Looking forward to my robot dong

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

alex314 posted:

Michał Żebrowski will be polish voice for Johnny Silverhand. He's the dude that played Geralt in that atrocious Hexer TV series and movie. He's a good actor and did voice acting before.

Are you kidding me? That's fantastic

Pumped as hell for this dumb game. Hopefully it's good

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Rinkles posted:

made me think of this guy

Judge dredd?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Man, I don't give 2000ad enough attention. Dredd alone I've tried reading from the beginning but there's just so God drat much of it

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Qmass posted:

this 1070 has been a great card. if I was still using a 1080p 60hz monitor I doubt I would need to upgrade for another generation.

Honestly I've been rocking a 1080p 60hz laser for a while and I'm pumped that it's all I need to drive. 4k 120+Hz feels like a huge commitment hardware wise vs even my 1440p 7hz monitor running on what is just a budget card

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I'd appreciate ex-funhaus Lawrence to be in there because he eat/sleeps/breaths cyberpunk but yeah

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

Software development in general is a bitch. People always write sarcastic comments like 'maybe they should hire good manager who can do better schedules instead of crunching!' but the way unexpected problems can appear, how problems can compound in other problems in almost surprising ways, sometimes a project ends up with 50% the first estimation so easily. And of course... it's game development, not only software development, you always have the issue of something not being as fun as it appeared on paper, so you have to do another iteration, or the writing enters in conflict with other areas of the game so new changes are needed...

There is a reason that, 30 years already into the videogame industry (counting from an arbitrary 1990 year), games are still delayed several times. No one has discovered a better way to do them.

The real move for avoiding these sorts of issues has been engine/asset reuse but yeah absolutely. It doesn't help when you have publishers like EA using what would otherwise be good methodology for putting out games also being a garbage company

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Games with hard timers stress me out so disco Elysium kinda fell off my priority list. Doom eternal came out too which grabbed me away, but frankly disco Elysium is the much better game

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

cubicle gangster posted:

There is no timer in disco elysium. it's presented as taking place over a week - and if you do every side quest and explore thoroughly you'll start the end game on around day 6, but if you do go out of your way to waste time (going to bed at 9pm, repeating the same dialogue over and over hundreds of times) the game wont end, it'll just keep counting up the days.
The clock only moves during dialogue too - it's a set number of words for every minute of game time. you cant run the clock down by going afk. The only reason there's a clock at all is because some things happens at night and some happen in the morning. the time you should be at a place is always marked in your journal, and if you miss it one day, you can go back the next. No single piece of other dialogue takes up so much time that you'll 'miss' a window to be somewhere or do something.

The dialog thing actually makes me feel a bunch better. I'll jump on it for sure when I have time for rpgs

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

A 580 should be able to run this reasonably on an ukltawide 14400 75hz monitor right? It's that or running it on my 1660 at 1080p

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I'm down with the clown

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Wicked Them Beats posted:

i found a site selling cyberpunk keys for three dollars do you think this is legit???

Day before and day one threads are a treat.

Similarly, I'm on red flag deals right now and it's $40cad from gog if you vpn into Russia which feels like a good way to get your account banned

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Is that a bannable thing on steam now? Serious question, last game I vpned to unlock early was Skyrim.
[/quote]

Did this for the new doom. Dont think they care at all.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Heads roll if it's not out pre Christmas.

My bets on march

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Ghost in the shell is the poo poo and that live action movie was a tragedy.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Anyone edit this to five aces yet?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Give me an APB style multiplayer with the ability to make a company and carve out some territory

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Can I roleplay a ken doll?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

580 on an ultrawide,1080p 75hz should run pretty reasonably well right? 16gb ram and a pretty solid i7 from a year old work pc