Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

fuf posted:

new footage in a few hours :)

Live in about 3 hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifJS-9bj1iI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
In case you prefer a Twitch countdown to the Youtube still image: https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

1.56h to the start of the reveal.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

VoLaTiLe posted:

Ha I remember wanting to play this game when I was younger, never got round to it.

Plus I expect at this point most of the animation has been done

Trespassers was an amazing game where you could stick the barrel of a rifle in the jaws of a charging raptor and kill it without firing (by impaling it on the barrel itself) due to the primitive physics engine.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Senjuro posted:

Because actual human beings see you wearing them? NPCs don't care about your appearance and apparently neither should I if I'm barely more than a floating pair of hands and a voice.

Look at this pleb that doesn't own at least five pairs of +cool pieces of clothing.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Snow Crash is terrible. As a palate cleanser, you can listen to IDEOTV poo poo talking it for an hour:

quote:

Happy holidays! Fresh from our wonderful listeners voting us into the AV Club’s Top 10 Podcasts, IDEOTVPOD scrapes the bottom of the barrel — no, the part actually touching the ground, where it’s gross and grubby and slimy — and gives the people what they want: Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash.
Extra-special music, live-and-in-person dialogue trees, and a dramatic reading from J. that makes this dumb book sound about eleven times as good as it is. Hop on your plank, strap on your samurai swords, and get ready to hear a lot about how great hackers are from one extremely notable hack, Neal Stephenson
https://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2015/12/22/045-snow-crash/

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

You'll be glad to learn that there is (ofc) a IDEOTV episode about RP1 then!

quote:

HOLY poo poo. People like this book. SMART people like this book. The New York Times liked this book. The problem is that this book is a piece of crap that basically functions as a checklist of nostalgia items from the 1980’s.

Join game designer Mike Sacco and I as we yuk it up over the text of this reference-packed slog through a future world that seems like it was conceptualized in 1985. Highlights include: Aerosmith’s “Revolution X” video game, misidentifying this author as the guitarist of Wilco, and probably way too much on-mic laughter.

P.S. Did I mention that this book is BAAAAAAD? Cuz it is.
https://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2014/06/19/010-ready-player-one-w-mike-sacco/

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

J.W. Friedman used to be on SA years ago for sure. There is some old rap video (set to a terrible picture of going goons) that had some celebrity on this site and it was his doing, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the file or what the content was about (if it was mocking goons or other people).

Edit: found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Edit2: also there is a live thread in the forum's for IDEOTV:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3514638&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 21, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Somebody Awful posted:

Skul gun or go home.

I wanted skul gun, they gave me arm nerf.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Chalks posted:

Ah of course that makes sense. I knew that this sort of issue was why they couldn't easily make a gender neutral option but of course it would affect all voices so gender being tied to voice make sense.

Unfortunate but understandable considering how late this change has been added.

On top of that certain languages (I would say most Latin based ones at the very least) do not have a neutral gender, so every single word is either masculine or feminine.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it sounds like the main quest will be long but not as gigantically long as witcher 3 was, which i am fine with.

Yeah, every time I try to finish TW3 I end up getting bored 50-60h in while I'm in the Skellige islands. Getting bored is not even the right choice of word, cause everything is quite nice...there's just too much of it for me. And I'm trying to run the main quest only (plus the side quests that sound interesting, although with the writing in the game you never know when a quest that sounds boring turns out being amazing instead), leaving most notice-boards undisturbed in order to avoid map clutter with a thousand question marks.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 29, 2020

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I mean they've worked extensively with the guy who created the Cyberpunk RPG, so I imagine the tone will be more or less on point.

Plus Cyberpunk is itself actually grim as hell anyway.

Kinda interesting in this time and place in history to consider that Cyberpunk 2020 is, AFAIK, one of the only big old times RPGs written by a POC.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

So there’s actual novels this game is based on? Are they on amazon and does anyone have a link?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_(role-playing_game) has ton of material published - mostly in the form of RPG books though. Of course, most of the ideas behind the RPG come from classic cyberpunk literature and you can definitely find that on Amazon. Apparently, Pondsmith cited https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardwired_(novel) as the main inspiration for Cyberpunk 2020.

E: also a new version of the corebook - this time called "Cyberpunk Red" - (written in cooperation with CDPR and more in line with the setting of 2077) is set to be released "soon".

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Alchenar posted:

I'm kinda assuming gear will be a bit like in W3, in that there's pretty numbers and optimisation if you care about that, but ultimately a shotgun is still a shotgun.

Crafting/inventory management was definitely my least favorite part of TW3, so I hope they went a differnt direction. And since this seems to be an RPG-shooter instead of a pure FPS, there is definitely room to mix things up with guns too, if Borderlands is to be taken as an example. I guess it's probably going to be more in a Deus Ex direction, though.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Let's not forget that no one has spoken yet about the existance of a sewer level: the subway being absent is a step in the right direction imo.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Twobirds posted:

Everyone is 100% naked, all the time, and their AR broadcasts what your AR system overlays as clothes in your view.

The emperor has no bandwidth.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zikan posted:

That’s awful imo. Unless they are insanely broad like “guns, melee, heavy guns” it’s going to punish people who try out weapons instead and get you to silo yourself for optimal gameplay.

The guy in the deep dive from a few pages ago was minspecced in every relevant attribute and "gun level" and he was still able to kill enemies in a reasonable amount of time. It looked less like a "I have to headshot this enemy 15 times" Borderlands and more like "I have to shoot this enemy for a couple of seconds" Deus Ex.

Also I may be in the minority for this, but I got tired of Destiny 2 in 7 hours (according to Steam) and I've played the various Deus Ex for several hundred hours instead, so I guess I don't care much for combat feeling.

Speaking of heavy, impactful guns, I will always be in love with Doom/Doom2 Super Shotgun (skip to 19s if the timestamp doesn't work).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zklCgU4Qjaw&t=19s

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zikan posted:

Your starting pistol headshot all the beginning NSF troopers in one hit the moment you start the first level in Deus Ex on every difficulty. Deus ex had a 8x headshot multiplier that greatly rewarded careful aiming and not spraying and praying.

Going from memory alone on this, but I don't think in that review we're seeing a single instance where the word "headshot" is on screen and the enemy doesn't immediately die ("boss" clip aside, when he talks about flanking it). Even when he's shooting at the cars with the nomad handcannon, the time(s) he manages to land an headshot the enemy shooter seems to die straight away.