Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is this game going to feature personal responsibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

PERSONAL. RESPONSIBILITY.

PERSONAL. RESPONSIBILITY.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Heavy Metal posted:

^ groovy!

I agree, if people think they aren't still blasting metal in Night City... they've got another thing coming!

Especially in the vast areas of Nomad country that are more or less Mad Max, I imagine.

Hopefully they do let you do a career path/story kinda thing. Being a MaxTac Psychosquad guy would be perfect.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 12, 2018

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I think the first-person view will allow for much greater personal responsibility levels, and I applaud it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

So I'm not the only one seeing it? Because really, whose isnt' going to just make CyberGeralt anyway?

Oh I'm going to make fat scooter guy if possible.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

there's definitely a wide range of melee stuff in the setting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Please God, no more crafting.

I hope the guns in this feel solid and heavy. That's my number one concern.

Agreed. I hope we get some of the retarded cyborg-stopper stuff in the endgame. A hard Miltech contract ending with a railgun or 30mm anti-tank rifle would be cool. Of course with some clause that will render the gun inoperable if used vs Miltech assets or some such.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I think it'll be a real slam dunk!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope it doesn't

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Smart linking by the sound of it in the sourcebook pretty much creates a digital crosshair that only you can see when you ready your linked gun. So it'd make perfect sense really.

Unholster the gun, it syncs with the smart link, gg. By the sound of it they're making it an autotargetting option for less FPS-friendly players which is still really cool.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The DEA was part of the plot that led to the downfall of the US, alongside the NSA, FBI, and CIA. They refer to them as "The Gang of Four". There's a new replacement for those organizations (since they got purged in a counter coup) but forgot what they are called. I think the CIA survived in name but was absolutely purged.

Literally 100 million Americans died though after the Europeans embargo'd the US after the Gang of Four orchestrated terror attacks in the Europe and did some other heinous poo poo. It was bad. There are 120 million taxpayers left, the remaining millions are Mad Maxing as Nomads etc totally off the grid and without any social security.

65% of the gross population is living day to day and bordering starving, the middle class is like 15%, and the top are 10%.The remainder is borderline hosed into joining the 65%.

The big governments have military assets that could crush a corp but they are extremely hesitant to try it lest they start another economic collapse.

EDIT: Yeah there are definitely cops still. There are also corporate cops who secure corp property etc.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 18, 2018

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I'm glad of it!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That or an ambient police radio dispatch reporting it is about as far as I'd go.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hoping we get to see some good old fashioned personal responsibility.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao how the gently caress do you somehow mismemorize that scene as being about rape?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Personal responsibility

Personal responsibility

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Absolutely sophmoric.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hell yes!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Control Volume posted:

Glad we settled the issue regarding the now popular boycott of this game for not being political enough

That and the unanswered questions of personal responsibility and how it'll play into gameplay.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Some solid displays of personal responsibility in the video. Awesome overall.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That corpo stooge is my god drat waifu.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gibbering posted:

I wanna be a rockerboy. :rock:

Look in your heart.

You already are one!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I will be the Cyberpunk equivalent of Mama from Throw Mama From The Train.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rinkles posted:

also that other kinda influential movie

Throw Mama From The Train was 87 iirc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

What's Imp Zone supposed to be? I thought it was like BYOB for games, but they are way more cynical about what we saw.

They aren't arguing about the dumb poo poo at least.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

spb posted:

I hope the game talks about which computer code everyone uses. If there's like a funny computer code that everyone loves and then another computer code that everyone makes fun of. And laugh at.

I could get behind this. But I hope the consequence are also modelled.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Phi230 posted:

Your dumbass opinion isnt contrarian it's just wishy washy bullshit

gently caress off

Make me!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Seriously this game is not about your stabby knife-penis party NOW GET ON THE NONBINARY CISGENDERFLUID NONRAPEY INCLUSION ZONE BUS and let's talk unisex colognes

Freakin comedy gold!!! XD

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hacking someone from the shadows so their cyber dick goes wild and causes an unfortunate episode

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I want the dick to glitch out and take to the air loudly thumping into invisible level geometry like I'm playing Fallout 3.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Jonah Galtberg posted:

there's a whole wide world of Gamers out there

Christ, don't remind me!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

JBP posted:

It's Carlos Mencia.

This would be loving incredible.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All I'm seeing here is that my choice to get an Xbone has been quietly vindicated. There's hardly any vitriol around here at all!

I'm glad most people are probably gonna be able to play this game if they want.

You guys get that RAM problem sorted then?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dreylad posted:

while witcher 3 combat wasn't amazing, without witcher 3 combat we wouldn't have gotten witcher 3 combat music

drat, good point

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

Can't trust those shifty Poles!

Lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Argh my cyberjunk!!!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

i think every fascist on the planet should be killed in the most painful of ways over the longest period of time possible

Fuckin hardcore!!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This game will be good because i can use a nano whip to cut people up like takeda from MKX

Hell yeah, shits going to be fantastic

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Can we go back to talking about the nano whip and blades that come out of your arms like Adam Jensen please

I want to play an assault rifle dork but hope I am able to competently spec melee too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Was it Cyberpunk where there were gangs of celebrity impersonators who got reconstructive surgery etc to resemble their idols? I imagine thats gotta factor into a quest at some point.