Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Seems weird to introduce us to a place called “Night City” mainly in the day. Still looks fantastic though.

I appreciate the irony.

JBP posted:

If they go with you being psycho squad there's all sort of witchering, I mean investigating to be had.

I don't know if you'll be able to go psycho, but I do remember reading that one of your allies is a psycho (and the fun THAT will be to deal with).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Oh God yes....

I pray unto the Powers That Be that a mighty cyberboot will allow us to kick our enemies off buildings/into electrical conduits/into traffic/into their best friends/for the giggles.

mauman fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 12, 2018

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still ridiculously hyped for the game but I wish it was 3rd Person, I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't be :smith:

It has a heavy gun focus.

Now you CAN make 3rd person gunners, but they're not the norm.

Not surprised at all frankly, and if it's done well I don't really care :downs:

Honestly, I assumed it would be going the Deus Ex route to begin with.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Doorknob Slobber posted:

BUT WHAT IF TWO GIRLS KISS!??!?!?!?!??!??!?

Knowing CDPR it's going to be far more than kissing :smug:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

JBP posted:

People that watched gameplay said it didn't look like it would require next gen to run the game. Who knows though. I'll get it on PC and probably get a new one for this game as it's going to very likely ram directly into my current upgrade timeframe.

It doesn't look that much more advanced than Witcher 3. Not to say that Witcher 3 isn't a pretty game (because it is), but maybe I won't have to upgrade my system to play it.

Of course, my system is likely due for an upgrade within a year or two anyways.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

CottonWolf posted:

Also, depending on whether you were thinking PC or console, another good reason not to preorder is that the new consoles may very well be out by the time this game releases. It’ll probably run on the PS4/Bone, but it might well not run well.

Mouse/Keyboard? :downs:

I can't stand playing an fprpg or fps with a controller.

I'll stick with the pc version.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Go with the "C was here" suggestion.

Specific enough that people will get it, and vague enough that it won't break immersion/look tacky.

Best of both worlds, or at least will piss off both camps. A win in my book :downs:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Look Sir Droids posted:

PC should have two versions. Steam checks your library for Witcher 3. If you have it, you get no Ciri CP2077.

No love for Gog copies? :saddowns:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Good show.

Hope they make a 2nd season.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

friendly 2 da void posted:

I've witnessed a lot of pointless video game arguments but this thread is the absolute weirdest one I've ever read.

At first I thought it had to be an extended meta-joke like the Margarita Machine thread but apparently not.

Meh, I've seen worse.

communism bitch posted:

I regret to report that the two sequels to Altered Carbon were tonally completely different, and are generally considered to be quite a bit worse than the first book.

To my understanding there were differences between the book and the show. Who's to say that any further seasons might be different (in a good way)?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Subjunctive posted:

Which is good, because AIUI they’ve signed up for two more.

Good. Didn't know that and looking forward to it.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ok so i made the right choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpcsngVwn8

i take the deadpool option with monsters/psychopaths every time.

Yeah, killing him is definitely better, considering your doppelganger buddy steps in and actually does something GOOD with that asshat's money

That and he deserves to die.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

esperterra posted:

I miss when Rockstar made dope single player DLC.

I'm still pissed that GTA5 won't ever receive a proper continuation DLC.

Goddamn whales and their sharkcards.

Goddamn corporations for milking those whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

EimiYoshikawa posted:

It's important to always remember that Section 9 is The Man. They're the boot heel stamping on Cyberpunk faces.

Which, you know, given most of them could never possibly afford to keep their ridiculously cutting edge artificial bodies otherwise, is kind of their only choice in life, which is Cyberpunkishly dystopic in and of itself, but, still.

Yeah, this always amuses me....I too agree that GiTS seasons 1/2 (not familiar with Solid State) are some of the best cyberpunk stories EVER, but they are essentially THE anti-cyberpunk.

You're not fighting the man....you ARE the man (granted, sometimes you end up fighting yourself, but the end goal is to better the system, or the man).

You're not wild crazy anarchist criminal types...you're well-behaved(ish) cops. Hell Togusa is your typical family man.

etc...

mauman fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 29, 2019