Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Booty Pageant posted:

they better remember to add the kick button so i can become cyber postal dude

Lemme get some chunky pneumatic pistons on my legs so I can either kick a door down, or the entire wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cyberpunk 2077: OOPS, ALL KEANUS

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty sure Mike Pondsmith wouldnt have signed off and stuck by with involvement in the if they were super chud assholes who didnt get his creation/the genre. and no its not gibsons type of cyberpunk.

We've been seeing folks going mask off with chud bullshit lately. People change.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

I feel pretty OK about Mike Pondsmith, still.

Same.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same. this isn't kingdom come devs and their weird chud bullshit.

https://rtalsoriangames.com/2020/06/12/mike-pondsmith-cops-and-racists/

he wrote a good piece on BLM and cops of late.

also he has a bunch of good interview on youtube about how the whole game/francise is about exploitation and its variety and talks about how his world isnt an asperation. its a warning.

I don't mean Mike, I know he's good. I was talking about CDPR leadership.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It's simple; I see full brass hulls in a shotgun,

I get excited :q:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cavauro posted:

I thought shotguns were poo poo in all games except hunting simulators

Red Dead Redemption 2 has great shotguns, which are made even better with slug and incendiary ammunition :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

The forest-for-the-trees here is that Cyberpunk came out in the late 80s when the US Army was doing the Advanced Combat Rifle program, which was just the latest in a series of programs to research high-tech assault rifles. (That's why almost every illustration of a gun in CP2020 features a bullpup design.) These programs gave us the Pancor Jackhammer, HK G11, and other weird prototype guns that show up as curiosities in Fallout. So "smart," in the context of assault rifles, can mean rangefinders, guided micromissiles, airburst projectiles, or pretty much anything you want.

Gonna need to spec into the clockwork repair tree to fix your high tech hyper future rifle

G11 internals are loving goofy. :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

This might make me seem like the biggest loser on Earth, but the first thing I think of when I think of multiplayer is like, logging in to Night City to meet up with my party while our gamemaster goes over the set up for the campaign module we all pitched in and bought (or maybe all bought access to separately) and it becomes like a tabletop RPG but with an awesome video game doing all the dice rolls and combat happening in real time as we clear out bases or warehouses or weapon caches.

I don’t really want them to ape other MP games I want them to do their own thing.

Let's be big losers together cause this sounds fun as hell :hfive:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm thinking more Bob Page but yeah basically

SOON I WILL BE PURE LIGHT

PURE ENERGY

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Out here distributing Conquest Of Bread to the corpos with a four gauge shotgun

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

the_enduser posted:

VOICE TONE is new I think

I wonder if NPC barks are still based on chosen voice tone, as was suggested previously.

I hope that got fixed.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Why? Shouldn't that be how it works according to that screenshot?

It should, but there was some articles floating around how it's not. Like you can be playing a male character with feminine voice, and NPCs will refer to you as she, and vice versa.

https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-voice-gender-pronouns/

It's... not great if you're trans.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

At some point, they have to face the reality. They're a rather tiny minority of less than 1% of the population, according to random Google results. Maybe within gamers it probably be a bit higher, because of demographics and whatever, but it won't be extraordinary. You can't expect a company, that's primarily in it for making money, to cater to the wide demands. Where does it stop? 20 different voice actors? What if none of these potential options are considered adequate? Voicing all lines five times now, because the very least him/her/xim/xer/they? So when CDPR would have done that, what about the other pronouns? Will someone still get upset and write another article about a game being in bad faith?

I mean, the writer still speaks of "limited genital options". Really? If there's an option to control package size, which was alluded there is, it surely should allow to emulate various stages of intersex. It's not likely this game will allow you to run around naked. Limited?

The other option to avoid all the current drama would have been to ignore the existence of transgendered people altogether in the game context, but then everyone would have jumped on the barricades for that.

Or just make it an extra option since it's already coded in the game. I mean hell, even the upcoming calladooty has pronoun options. I'm sure it'll be easy to fix in a mod on the PC, but doing so shouldn't be necessary.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Lmao like just have everyone call you V or they, this isn’t nearly that controversial or difficult.

Pretty much, yeah.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Voice training is awful and that's why I'm sure trans V got a skillsoft installed so they didn't have to deal with that poo poo. But yeah I get you.

It really is, and that's the dream for so many people. Just plug in a device and boop, you get closer to your ideal self.

This in the game isn't the end of the world but it could've been an easily avoided bummer.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

I think what people just want is masculine voice or feminine voice but they still call you with the opposite pronouns which probably isn't as much work as its made out to be but likely would be some additional work in cases of V or others referring to certain matters of Vs gender or body and would likely require recording some additional dialogue for Vs actors. I don't see how this would cause issues with non English languages unlike a gender neutral option.

Pretty much this, yeah. If you're gonna feature different NPC barks and dialogue based on gender, just add an option at character development

Voice tone: M/F
Pronouns: M/F

Wouldn't be hard to add a neutral option but as was suggested earlier, that gets tricky with non-English languages.

Kinda silly to think that Saints Row of all games figured this out where nothing was locked, and everyone just called you Boss.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Because then you’d get people complaining that somehow everyone knows your pronouns on the spot whether or not they’ve seen you before. This is the perfect example of a problem with no solution that will please everyone.

Nah, not really.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

People who find it offensive will (rightfully) find more offensive things.

Honestly, yeah. When I started making trans friends, I started seeing more of what they were concerned about. It's hard to turn it off once you become aware of it, much like dysphoria that trans folks deal with. poo poo's bad for you in the long term.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I often hear about Contra Points angering the trans community a fair bit. What exactly does she do to make them angry?

Her latest take is that trans people should be forced to transition on a deserted island and re-enter society years after they meet her personal criteria for passing, and they are absolutely not permitted to document their progress whatsoever.

She hates progress pics.

Which is wild, considering people pondering if they could ever begin to transition often draw encouragement and inspiration from the success of others. Being forced to go through such a process in isolation would be actual hell.

She also advocates that if you don't have dysphoria you cannot be trans, and if you do not pass (again, to her criteria) then you are not trans. Gatekeeping garbage endorsed by the same crowd who brutalize trans people for funsies.

Back Hack posted:

PC Gamer had Cyberpunk as their main showcase in their latest magazine release, has a bunch of new info in it, but this caught my eye.

Layered clothing system.

Hell yeah layers

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sounds like she is still insecure as poo poo about herself and projects it. still pretty loving hosed up and lovely poo poo to say.

Yep. It's absolutely fine and understandable to be insecure, but when you start setting rules of No! You Must Do It My Way!, then it becomes a problem. Her base is also absolutely rabid and will hound and doxx people the least little bit critical of her until they quit the internet, too.

Truly, a paragon worth defending.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fabricated posted:

I actually don't like the idea of influencers being put in videogames.

Eh, influencers are basically sentient ads so it's kinda fitting for them to be here.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I said come in! posted:

All of the people that leaked footage have been exactly what we predicted; idiot assholes that dont really play video games, and don't care about this game, they just feel cool that they got it early. I think we'll have to wait until December 9 I am afraid.

That's just the rule of early leaked footage of games: Whoever posts it is always an absolute dipshit. I think the only time I saw someone break the mold of this was when GTA5 and RDR2 leaked and people were posting videos of themselves doing goofy fun stuff. Course Rockstar would get the footage taken down immediately.

Dumping a cop car over a cliff with the use of a bulldozer was way more compelling than the actual content Rockstar's ad team was putting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

AlternateAccount posted:

If PENIS is so great, why isn’t there a PENIS 2?

Gotta spec into dual wieldwang