Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
This is how you kill the EA/battle royale/loot box. I fuckin hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I hope there will be a 3rd person option because I prefer that over 1st person 100% of the time.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

They confirmed there is absolutely no 3rd person about ten minutes ago.

Welp. I will still get it because I love the witcher series, but goddamn. Like how hard is it to make that poo poo optional? Maybe there will be a mod.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, the only third-person will be when driving vehicles. Cutscenes/dialogue will be third-person. Mirrors exist, sounds like merchants will have some third person stuff. Seems like they are keeping the VR-option open!

I feel like CDPR is such a cool studio that if enough people request at least the option, they will make it happen.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Regarding realistic city driving gameplay:

Press F to validate your parking.

Regarding pov:

I like and respect CDPR for the quality of their games. I am hopeful that they made the best game they could, and if first person is best for that, then they know what they are doing and I trust them. I just prefer 3rd person. Hopefully they will change my mind with some gameplay. I like first person shooters, but part of the fun for me is in games like fallout and skyrim seeing my dude do stuff in the world, not necessarily watch in first person as I do it. Meh.

I'm buying the gently caress out of the game either way.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 13, 2018

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

I said come in! posted:

People outside of this forum have completely turned on this game. A look at social media at least, would give the impression that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to bomb in sales. People are super upset about the character creator, and no 3rd person camera. I really don't think there is anything that can be done about this.

If the character creator just works well however they make it with no gender or whatever, then I won't mind it.

If it is clearly a decision made to pander to SJW insanity and feels tacked on and forced, then I don't know.

Every day there is more manufactured drama and outrage about gender and it's infiltrating videogames so hard right now. I get that some people are not comfortable as their gender. That doesn't force the 99.99% of people who are to comply with their world view. I don't know why anything that involves gender right now is absolute insanity. It's either you are woke and have to be the progressive that throws everyone else under the bus for not being progressive enough or you are a literal nazi and there is no in between. It's insane.

Game still looks really good. The deep dive video was great.

Regarding 3rd person: I would absolutely love to have 3rd person. I prefer 3rd person games cause I like to look at my dude and play dressup. I play more in the dressing room in red dead 2 than I do out on the range. That being said, I'm still getting this game. I trust CDPR based on the witcher games to do the right thing. If they thing that this is the best way to present this game, fully 1st person, then I'm on board.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 3, 2019

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Cyberpunk "7 different penis options but no 3rd person option" 2077

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

preorder uncancelled

in FO2 you could sell your spouse. :colbert:

Pickpocket me, will you?
*adjusts dynamite timer*

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I have come to expect and savor disappointment. This is delicious. I don't even care much about this game since all they had to show for it was fully customizable genitalia. Cursed game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Zongerian posted:

To help with the wait CDPR let us record some hands on time with Cyberpunk 2077 at a certain famous game news site so here is a little teaser for our upcoming "deep dive" gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBrn4-mOeo

Gta vice city mod?