Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

televisions tuned to a dead channel looks different in 2018, grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
no matter if you think pepe is nazi propaganda or not, it is still 4chan garbage

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
From the last interview it seemed like lots of major details (like, if the main character is gonna be affected by cyberpsychosis or not) are still not nailed down, which doesn't bode well for a 2019 release date.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Nice, though I was hoping they would be on Nvidia's show that starts in 2 hours.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

dogstile posted:

Its gonna be great when this game comes out and its just gonna be "ARE WE HUMAN STILL, HOW MUCH OF OUR HUMANITY HAVE WE GIVEN UP" for like 800 hours.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Control Volume posted:

Yeah, one of those groups is severely mentally ill (the x-axis people)

But not us inverted Y-axis people. We are perfectly sane!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
what the gently caress was up with this one dude

he's yelling "you will be released from the binds that tie you" (?) in Norwegian (???)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Also, I wonder if the level of detail seen in the walk around sections is consistent throughout the city. It's like the detail of GTA5 boosted to 11. That seems insane, and I wonder if they've possibly made a compromise where there are lots of "smaller" size areas with high detail connected through highways.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

GrossMurpel posted:

Maybe it's about your flesh binding you, thus all the augmentation poo poo?

But why in Norwegian?

VirtualStranger posted:

I imagine not every part of the city is going to be a busy pedestrian shopping zone.

Yeah, but like in GTA5 you could basically walk everywhere, and I wonder if this will be the case here, or if there is gonna be "islands" of high detail, and the majority of the city area just being pretty skyboxes.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Rinkles posted:

Obviously it could mean there's still years of work ahead, but they've recently said something to the effect of the whole game already being playable in some form

IIRC they said the main quest was completable now, so they are still fleshing out side content.

edit: actually I was wrong, https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-daylight-interview/ says "Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for at least six years and its team recently hit a major milestone: The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn't have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process, Borzymowski said."

Not specified if "from start to finish" includes side content, though.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 28, 2018

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Hammerstein posted:

Supposedly you can side with the cyber-dudes and betray the corp agent, by telling them about the virus.

How does the fixer dude react to that though? Or maybe he doesn't care what happens as long as you present him with a spiderbot at the end of the day?

(This goes far beyond reasonable for expected quest branchiness, but it would be funny if you could do your own ambush on a Militech convoy, and just be like "what, you didn't specify it had to be that specific spiderbot?")

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I think the plot reactivity is a bit hyped up, it's probably gonna be on level with New Vegas, not something completely mindblowing. Main thing is probably what faction you align with, and quest opportunities depending on who you didn't piss off.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I wonder how big the core city will be - there's a section in the trailer where they stop the car and do a panorama - I wonder if the areas across the water are part of the explorable city, or if it's just a pretty skybox.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Nyaa posted:

Any info about how moddable the game is?

Expect it to be as moddable as Witcher 3.

Also your partner sounds like a dude who just found out on Ancestry that he's got a spanish grandparent and changes his style to fit that.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I don't think the in-universe minigame will be a card game.

CDProjekt will probably make a Netrunner standalone card game though.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Deus Ex Human Revolution had a good hacking minigame, IMO.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It would be cool if hacking was a bit like oils in Witcher 3 - you have to buy software plugins in preparation, like which security system the building has and what group you're up against etc, then combine them into a hack chip.

If you get things right you auto-hack, if not, minigame time (or just failure).

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
What would be the "right" amount of transgender representation though? It's costly enough to record two different voices for the protagonist - how many, and what kind of voices would be required to have good representation? What kind of body types should be represented in the character models?

Or would it be enough to let people pick one of two body types and one of two voices, freely mixable, as long as they don't actually label what gender you pick?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

IAmThatIs posted:

Just do the battletech thing, and include the option to use they ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That might be a solution, though it might be a problem when you meet characters that don't know you for the first time, and I'm pretty sure even by 2077 we won't have thrown away all gendered pronouns.

(Also reminds me of the daredevil stunts races in Far Cry 5 - the commentator uses the gender neutral "they" and the first time I heard that I was like "wait, are there other NPCs in this race too?")

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Yeah, the censoring in the character creator was a bit odd, especially since you get full titties shoved in your face a minute later.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

JBP posted:

The game forces male PCs to be bi doesn't it?

Where did you get that from?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

hobbesmaster posted:

V moves a male body out of the way thats in the same tub at least. Thats something?

a male body that doesn't have a penis, apparently

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It is a bit worrying that the way the devs talk about the game, it seems like everything is still in flux and subject to change. It makes it sound like a 2020 release date is optimistic.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

ufarn posted:

Did the Digital Foundry video have anything interesting to say about graphics or whatever, because watching another 45 minutes just to find out is a tall order

It pointed out how interior shadows are blobby and weird like in Witcher 3, and now I can't unsee it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Crappy Jack posted:

ALL games are always in flux and subject to change until the moment the disc goes gold, and then the patching starts. Did you see how many people are losing their poo poo about the PS4 Spiderman games getting rid of some puddle reflections? Devs are terrified of showing early footage, because the second they end up having to downgrade or change something they showed off, people will grab pitchforks and start going on about how the devs lied to them. There's even hidden messages in the Cyberpunk trailers where CDPR is straight up like "Yeah, we're pretty nervous about showing off the game this early, please don't hurt us if something gets changed".

Yeah, but environment changes are just minor details. I mean stuff like "we don't know how hacking will actually work yet".

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Fake Can Be Just as Good is a sidequest where you get mistaken for a TV producer and have to assist in creating a TV show

no wait, wrong game

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

GrossMurpel posted:

That means some random gun whose origin you don't know directly hooks into your brain. :ohdear:
I'm not on board with cybertech anymore.

did you miss several people casually slapping random USB sticks into their heads in the demo?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
That Gabe quote is over ten years old, from a time when the number of non-Valve games on Steam could be counted on a single hand.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Claes Oldenburger posted:

CDPR owns GOG?

drat.

CDP owns GOG, and also owns CDPR.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Fat_Cow posted:

So did they straight up spoil that guy from the first trailer dying and Dexter betraying you?

Guess that's one story path at least. Also doesn't seem like Dexter is betraying you, more like he's covering his rear end because you made major waves and attracted unwanted attention.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Do you get the sourcebook instantly when you preorder? Would be nice to have some reading material until next year...

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
guess there's only one thing to do

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Lt. Lizard posted:

My big question is if having Keanu Reeves in your head as basically AI co-pilot is just a thing for one or two side missions or if it's actually a significant part of the main quest/game. The demo makes either a possibility.

The description of the game is "You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality." - so sounds like this would be a pretty big part of that.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
also be honest, who wouldn't swap out their genitalia now and then if that part of your body was already cybermodded anyway

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

JBP posted:

The game's development practices seem to bear some similarities to those used in the construction of the pyramids; which remain impressive to this very day.

Hey now.

The pyramids were built by well paid craftsmen, and we have no evidence of them being forced to work in constant crunch.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Def. He had another OS for playing games on (NOT ROBSOS) and one for surfing the internet iirc

poo poo

wasn't it some other one then, like that went back and forth between characters and Turing was in it walking around in London and thinking about how the curbs were sharp like a square wave, and then thinking of ways you could map the city by taking a number of those square waves in different vectors or something?

I swear this is a real book that I read half of and I quit at the "multiple oses for ridiculous reasons" part.

Cryptonomicon?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Sorry. It was too tempting.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Both quote and screenshot is from https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-partnership-ray-tracing/ by the way - the screenshot that started this 10000 post debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
stumbled over this music video which feels p cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lan-Pjv99Xk