Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

https://kotaku.com/as-cyberpunk-2077-development-intensifies-cd-projekt-r-1834849725

interesting article here, let's hope the similarities between anthem and cyberpunk don't pan out.

Also RIP your free time comte

For sure going to be waiting to hear after launch if there was employee abuse (or hopefully news will come out before launch even but it rarely does). Not buying the game if there is. Like crunch time is totally understandable, but the stuff we have been hearing lately has been nightmarish and horrible, it goes well beyond crunch and into exploitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

haven't they been saying for years "it'll be done when it's done"
how do you go from that to
"well poo poo we need to crunch to hit our deadline"

Because "it's done when it's done" is a complete lie and always has been. This has never ever even once been true in the game industry. MAYBE outside a few extremely rare cases from an indie dev, but otherwise any big AAA game developer doesn't operate this way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OhFunny posted:

KMB and has never felt like the right to play FPS to me. Probably because I played so much Halo and COD on Xbox before getting a PC.

In Cyberpunk news CDR has said while the game will be at E3. It will not be playable.

I really hope we at least get a release date at E3, but I doubt that will happen, just want to remain hopeful either way. At best though I am sure we won't be getting Cyberpunk 2077 until early 2020. At worst the game will probably be held off to be a launch title for the new Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zedd posted:

They are deffo going to do a GTA5 console generations doubledip, and I mean that makes sense tbh.

This is a given because Microsoft and Sony have both confirmed in the last year that for their next console, games still have to work on PS4 and Xbox One.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

I don't know why my call for middle easterners to be portrayed well has gotten me told to gently caress off. I know I was specific with Farsi but I find it very telling.

People think that you are making arguments in bad faith.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

Why is a sexy trans person in an ad bad? Should they have been ugly and trans?

This is why you are being told to gently caress off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game is for sure going to require the next gen of Nvidia cards in order to get the proper experience we are seeing in these screenshots.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

This game is going to come out before I want to do a whole PC rebuild, but I'm hoping it's possible for me to just slap in a new GPU. I currently have:

i7 4790k
16 GB DDR3 RAM
2 GB GTX 960

Is a new card going to fit in a rig that old? Another consideration is my case is pretty small. It's a Thermaltake Core V1. So I can't have a long, fat card.

You won't be able to play this game on that rig. :( I hope you can upgrade beforehand instead. I am not even sure a current gen graphics card could even work on what is probably a pretty old motherboard in your PC. I would say go with the console versions, but I am betting anything current gen consoles won't be up to the task of playing this properly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8K televisions are starting to come out now. Samsung just released their first gen 8K set this month. It'll be exciting to see Cyberpunk 2088 on the next-gen consoles or PC in 8K.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Let's be honest, it's definitely gonna be sub-30 fps on the base models of PS4 and Xbox One (especially Xbox One).

I can't wait for the Digital Foundry FPS test on this one for Xbox One S.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm hoping my RTX 2070 can play this in 4k/60fps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of this Keanu Reeves business has made me want to check out the John Wick trilogy. I've never seen the movies. I love him in the Matrix movies though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

gah I really want to see the digital version of these posters

Yes please, they are all amazing looking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

they're already real irl

How well does that car drive?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Oh friend you are going to have a good time.

Watched the first movie today. What an amazing action flick! The cinematography was incredible and so well done, it makes the action sequences extremely intense and realistic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I actually just realized I have no idea what the general plot of Cyberpunk 2077 even is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

they're both huge af look at the size of the car!

I get what the artist was really going for here, but the perspective really is all sorts of weird. Making it look like they are gigantic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We better be able to have a large cat as a pet because know the expectation is there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It blows my mind still that we literally got a sequel to Blade Runner and it was an incredible movie that surpasses the original which is one of the top 5 best sci-fi films of all time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gaming websites need their hot takes for views and ad revenue. Cyberpunk 2077 is a super easy target right now because it was the biggest game of E3 2019.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The way people talk about buying a $2000 rig just to play this game and how the dust particles refracting off the window panes are some transformative experience hitherto unseen would indicate that yes, many people have lost their minds.

The dust thing, Metro Exodus, and Kingdom Come Deliverance already did those effects. I'm sure there are other older games that had that as well. Cyberpunk 2077 launches with Nvidia RTX raytracing but unless Nvidia releases a new graphics card between now and launch, it's not like anyone will be seeing those effects.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Collateral posted:

Is it being implied here that devs at CDPR are expected to work days, nights and weekends continuously for months? Bit harsh that. You would think they would be allowed home to sleep, and possibly wash, at the very least, I am going to presume CDPR at least provide beds and meals.

Those Poles and their work ethic.

Witcher 3 had well documented (CDPR's own admission) employee abuse, forcing their artists and programmers to work 100 hour weeks or risk being fired.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I honestly didn't even know Cyberpunk 2077 was based on a pen and paper game until after CDPR showed off that CGI teaser 5 years ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jimbot posted:

That looks like the basis of that dystopian cyberpunk side-scroller game where political correctness brought about the apocalypse or something.

The Last Night, the game was canceled and the creator is in court over lying about his game to investors.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deified Data posted:

I'm sorry? Lol I didn't know Wtf it was, just that it's a Cyberpunk thing and it's funny. It's a narrator in an inherently transgressive genre that sounds like someone's boomer uncle. Laugh at it.

What is it then if it doesn't reflect on the setting or its creators in anyway? I'm genuinely curious where it came from.

It's not official Cyberpunk lore, it was written by a 3rd party. I imagine that image is going to circulate a lot in the coming months with zero context.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game is going to be on like two blu-ray discs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am just going to play the game and hopefully enjoy it. I can't keep up with all of these hot takes, I shouldn't be expected to, and it's not my problem.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I personally will play first person only, that said, I would prefer a game to have both options. However, there are a lot of technical issues and hurdles to overcome for why this might not be possible. Lots of first person games do not do 3rd person cutscenes and are perfectly fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Was the latest video a cut up version of what they showed at E3?

Yeah, its the behind the scenes playable demo at E3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kyle Hyde posted:

i cant believe how tempered reactions to the news are here compared to everywhere else. its anarchy on reddit. i feel like after watching the hype machine for this game, and a similar situation in No Man's Sky, that something needs to change in either how we market games or how we manage peoples expectations of them. because good christ, people project so much personal garbage onto video snippets and abstract design decisions, and making all sorts of wild assumptions based on nothing.

People outside of this forum have completely turned on this game. A look at social media at least, would give the impression that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to bomb in sales. People are super upset about the character creator, and no 3rd person camera. I really don't think there is anything that can be done about this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

vandalism posted:

If it is clearly a decision made to pander to SJW insanity and feels tacked on and forced, then I don't know.

Please trust me on this, it absolutely is not. I've read up a lot on the pen & paper game and the way the character creator works, stays completely true to its source material.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kyle Hyde posted:

Representation matters, and doesn't affect cis people in any way except that they have to confront the very idea that there are people out there not like them.

Also this. But the inclusive nature of Cyberpunk was already built into the pen & paper game to begin with. To get away from that would suck as it would no longer be true to its source material. I see so many people claim to love the Cyberpunk world but then get offended at how the character creator works, and it's like????????

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Senjuro posted:

The bullshit reasoning is their claim that first person was chosen because it's so much better for immersion. They're the ones that have constantly pushed it as the primary reason. I simply don't buy that. They've shown nothing that special on that front so far. So augments change your UI or your vision gets screwed when someone hacks you. Like you can't do either in third person. This claim would only hold water if it could be played in VR.

I picture CB77 in VR being a pukefest

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

also a gently caress ton of skills/cyber mods

but the more I think about it was inevitable that they would focus on the combat side of the setting

A sandbox mode that is similar to Star Wars Galaxies, would be so awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think a lot of these people are right. If you’re good at writing quests and writing story missions, why make so many of them as some sort of weird flex when maybe you could’ve just made..like 10 good campaign missions instead? Like, by the 10th mission we get it, you’re good at writing, but also thanks for the cohesive story I’m glad you kept it short so I could finish. I think this is why the Witcher 3 failed, just too long. It’s not even accessible at this point because the way society is we no longer live in one where we have time for that type of commitment. It all goes to show there’s a peachy medium in there somewhere. Maybe Witcher 3 level writing COD level length and if you’re yearning for more that’s what purchasable DLC is for or read the books instead.

Glad I am not the only one that sees how brilliant this was. :golfclap:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

Inquisition was the Bioware A team. Andromeda was some cobbled together C team and it shows.

Actually no, it really wasn't. Anthem was Biowares A team. All reports out of Bioware suggest that there has never been multiple teams in fact. Anthem was just horribly mismanaged and actual development on the game didn't begin until 8 months until launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ufarn posted:

I think 2077 is kind of in the same situation as the Bioshock series where there was a lot of fancy presentation and promotion where the atmosphere and storytelling are excellent, but beyond being a well-made theme park ride, the whole videogame aspect of it where you also inhabit the world and interact with it falls very short of the promise and presentation.

With 2077, the universe looks interesting from a spectator's point of view, but it - unlike Bioshock - is also meant to be an RPG, and it remains to be seen how CDP plan on making us feel like we're an organic part of said universe where we interact with it, and it in return interacts with us.

It's not like we have to guess here. We have the Witcher 3 to fall back on for examples of how Cyberpunk 2077's world is going to function. It's clear as day that CDPR is using Witcher 3 as a foundation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VoLaTiLe posted:

Changing topic is anyone making a new PC for this game?

I'm thinking of building something with an RTX 2080 I have been without a PC for few years now, last one I made was for Witcher 2

Next generation of Nvidia cards should be out by then. I have an RTX 2070 and it plays everything at max settings with a solid 60fps. So I feel like i'll be good for Cyberpunk, but who knows!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

"Wow, the slaves are just as bad as the slavers! Really makes you think, huh?" - The game that won like a billion "Best Writing" awards

The Citizen Kane of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Twitter is essentially screaming into the void. No one ever responds to you unless you call them an rear end in a top hat.