Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's a p. popular fan theory that in Witcher 2 Triss was trying to get you to collect components for a powerful love potion under false pretenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

I hope i can wear a eyepatch

Are you suggesting that people with body dysphoria deserve to have their eyes gouged out?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You would think the average Twitter account would relate to the story of a robot trying to be human.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

VirtualStranger posted:

I'm guessing that the narrator in that trailer is the male VO? If that's the case then I'm definitely playing as a female protag, because that guy kind of sounds like a smarmy douche.

Everyone is cyberpunk is a smarmy douche.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Shoehead posted:

Put Waluigi in 2077

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

VR is trash

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I wanna have a Boss Nass style cyberneckpouch. Just be cyberobese as gently caress. I can keep all my cyberloot in there.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why's it always gotta be a katana, what if I want to use a cyber-rapier

You know why.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You can rent your own airport just to brush your teeth in. This game will be lit

edit: cyberteeth

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 27, 2018

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Rules need to be strong and tight, who cares about nebulous concepts like "good"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Prisoners hacked their lovely outsourced web terminal for managing commissary purchases and transferred more than $250 K to themselves. Paging CDPR devs.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There is a bandit in southeastern Velen who recognizes that his buddy is trying to mug a Witcher and runs away. One bandit.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Moral_Hazard posted:

I'm pretty excited about this game, both because CDPR, and because cyberpunk. I'll enjoy the political aspect if it makes sense for the in-game universe and is subtle and nuanced. Preachiness or ham-fisted analogies to modern-day politics will be a turn-off.

lol "I prefer my cyberpunk without political messages"

what a dweeb

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

That sounds so awesome is that why people have Weener as a last name?

Is this a joke? Wiener means "from Vienna"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Counterpoint: Dwarf Fortress

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Will there be cyber improvements to the process of taking a poo poo?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Why are we still arguing about the quality of everybody's GOTY 2015?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Witcher is the only thing I've pre order in like 5 years. So glad I didn't pre order banner saga 3

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hauki posted:

wait, what happened with 3?

Artist tried to keep working despite explosive diarrhea.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You can turn off the question marks.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

goons love to gloss over that the witcher 3 gameplay itself is actually a bit.... poo poo.

i'll kill you

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jabor posted:

The biggest gripe is how level-dependent damage ends up being, going up against anything that outlevels you too much is a total waste of time while things weaker than you go down very fast, you have to stick to a small level band if you want fun fights. Which is sort of nice for completionism if you want to steamroller through some lower-level quests, but it's still a bit dubious.

It is kinda sad how the level thing worked out but you can definitely break the damage system if you want to fight ~10 levels above you.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It is very funny that the art asset from a cyberpunk game about an exploitative commercialized fetishized depiction of a trans person sparked a discussion about corporate use of sexualized images of marginalized people. That's kind of the entire point of cyberpunk as a genre, you all.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Maybe I'm projecting, but anyone else feel the default protags look Polish/Slavic?

woah slow down there buster, what do polish people look like?

do they have huge cocks

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'll never get over a bunch of North Americans lecturing a Polish group of artists how about how they're not being culturally sensitive enough about minorities and should definitely put in some "people of color" which is code for ethnic minorities in North America. The blind sanctimony of a bunch of foreigners lecturing these people about cultural sensitivity while demanding they change their artistic representation of minorities to reflect a foreign culture and not their own is astounding.

Like Poland doesn't have anything to say about ethnic strife. They don't know about that. It's not part of their cultural experience and their artists just aren't good enough to make art about it. They need a lecture from Americans.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tell me why I'm wrong. Why is it not gross hypocrisy to tell foreign people that their art needs to reflect American ideas of cultural sensitivity?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

John Wick 2 still has some very tight action sequences but 3 gets overindulgent. Much moreso than 2 which if you have seen 2 may give you pause.

Pretty much the least interesting plot line in John Wick was the goings-on at the Continental with the side character assassins and they took that and made it the core of the series.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 15, 2019

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I agree that Witcher 3's combat is only called bad because there are a bunch of insufferable dark souls fans who can't shut up about how every game should play like their favorite.

The main complaint about W3 combat being bad is that the complainer is bad at the combat.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The combat from level 8 onward is basically using Quen nonstop and only dying because sometimes you fell asleep in between pressing Quen.

If you have to use quen constantly you are bad at the combat.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

An increasing mass of shell casings and forks slowly accumulating across every surface.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Re: W3 combat chat. I’m taking a CP2077 release date as a deadline and motivation to finish W3 (I’m only lvl 6!) and uh, yeah. The combat is clunky. There’s definitely a rhythm to it and given I don’t really know what I’m doing w oils and potions, etc. I can see how the slow strafing gets old. Especially on bosses with beefy health bars.

Geralt is one of the fastest things in the game. If you're moving slowly you're Doing It Wrong. Pick your fights; you can because you are faster than virtually everything in the game. Watch your footwork.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah, I’m sure I am. I just would prefer to not have to spam a button to move faster the slow af.

Amazing how many people don't realize you hold down A to run in combat.

Yet another reason to be suspicious when you hear how bout W3 combat is.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Cutscenes are gonna be third person so you can bet your rear end dolly dress up will be a supported gameplay mode.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

D. Ebdrup posted:

:hmmyes:

This is violence. Mods? MODS?!
I'm basically already building my synthwave playlist for CP2077. So far it's some 33 hours long, so I clearly need more.

Ok Synthwave groups you need to get on:

Le Matos -- Canadian duo responsible for the Turbo Kid soundtrack

Waveshaper

College

Dynatron

Power Glove

Miami Nights 1984

FM-84

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Lazerhawk

Magic Sword

Tycho

Goldroom

Chromatics -- responsible for two of your favorite minimalist tracks off Drive

Daniel Deluxe

I'm sure some of these are on your list but in my experience not many people know Le Matos

Carpenter Brut and Perturbator aren't my cup of tea for everyday listening but they do some heavier synthwave tracks.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 25, 2019

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I went and saw this movie randomly during Vancouver Film Festival when it came out not knowing what to expect. What an amazing movie/soundtrack combo to fall into.

Tequila Sunrise is one of my favorite synthwave tracks of all time.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Well if we're posting synthwave music videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8kFIbmmuEk

This isn't my favorite Le Matos track but it's a fun little short film.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This track is a masterclass in textural variations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22X5X49VhM

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Seconding Love Death Robots had some very pizza cutter episodes. I like the yoghurt one and also the robot tourist one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh I forgot about Juno Reactor they're good.