Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I really really hope that you can fully customize every part of your character. Replacing limbs, improving stats through upgrading yourself physically through technology. At least one character class has to be able to do some extensive modifications like that, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
net runner, techi, and solo are the classes you can play as, and mix and match those. You will see and interact with other classes, corporate and so on, but can't play as them. I assume that DLC would expand to other classes.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Interview live on gamespot twitch https://www.twitch.tv/gamespot

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

GrossMurpel posted:

There's loving vampires?

AHEM, cybernetic vampires.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Your Computer posted:

Just wondering - of the people sad/disappointed that this is going to be first person, how many of you will be playing on console?

Don't care about pov. I have a 4k oled so I might go PS4/PS5.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Glenn Quebec posted:

Glad we're still having PoV chat.

I mean, what else are you going to argue about? We don't have enough detail to argue about the number of floors you can actually explore in the buildings.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Waypoint discussed the demo for 40 or so minutes. They thought it was amazing. Link goes directly to discussion.

https://www.acast.com/vicegamingsnewpodcast/e32018day1-anthem-cyberpunk2077-andlarob?autoplay=true&seek=6888.154108

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I believe a new version of the book is coming out with the game, so it's currently in development.

Another description of the demo from a different perspective. Seems like a really polished live demo which bodes well for the final polish of the game, I hope.

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1007024229957525504

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
They said no release before 2020.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

RichterIX posted:

For some reason the concert of 2020 makes it feel like I'm going to be dead before this game comes out but then again we probably all will.

Hey man, Trump 2.0 will just make the game far more relatable than it already would be.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

PST posted:

Where did that come from?

Given they have another game coming out in 2021, per the last investor's call, it'll be really tight to do a post-release cycle for Cyberpunk and ramping up for a.n.other game at the same time. Not that it can't be done if it's early 2020 and then a late 2021 release for next game I guess.

Someone from the team mentioned it. I'm trying to find the exact quote.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I think the issue cdpr is facing is they want to give more customization, which I think is good, but they do not want to stray too far from having a protagonist that that player guides. They have an idea of who V is, regardless of gender, and they are picking the classes that they feel let's the player have good variety of choices without falling into the Bethesda trap of having such variable player characters that all of the dialogue feels generic and boring. Being a rockerboy is dope but might just be hard to integrate into the story they want to tell.

They might expand classes in future dlc too. It would make sense.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Fat_Cow posted:

Man if it's 2020 what do you even do? i feel like PS4 and Xbone are on their way out as well. Is this just gonna be a late release or are they gonna try to make multiple versions?

New Xbox in 2020, probably PS5 soon after that. PC version will be even better though.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

AndyElusive posted:

It's strange though, most all the things I'm reading and hearing about the demo. Nothing sounds especially mind blowing by itself.

Like, ok. So there's an ability that slows down time. That's not a new mechanic. Nobody is describing how this is different from other slow down time abilities in other games.

There's bullets that home in on enemies. There's bullets that do that in Titanfall. How are these any different? I kind of wish people would explain why this is making everyone lose their poo poo.

Or maybe they have and I just haven't watched the right video or read the right demo review?

I think it's more about their implementation of it. From the HUD to the look of the game to the behavior of the AI and so on. It all just seems to work together in a way that isn't found together in other games.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I really hope this game supports HDR and 21:9 on PC and that we have video cards that can do 4k 60 on ultra settings. 2 years is enough time, right?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The starting gender screen literally says F and M over each portrait. So they are going with Male and Female. You have to be looking to be offended to get worked up over that.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Dapper_Swindler posted:

go to resetera and tell some of the posters that.

I'd rather not for that exact reason.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I really hope that this game supports the Nvidia RTX tech. Increased frame rate alone would be wonderful through the AI stuff.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So do we know how this game fits in with the original game's timeline? Like we can look up johhny silverhand from the original, but is cdpr doing an alternate timeline where they can just pick cool poo poo and drop it in?

Maybe he didn't really die and people just thought he did and he went into hiding?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I personally took the static to be his systems booting up after waking up in the dump.

It could still be that Johnny is still an AI, but in a physical body, so an android. Not sure whether androids are a thing in this universe, or just disembodied AI.

Regardless, this game keeps looking better and better. Can't wait to throw my rtx 2080 ti at it and see what it can do.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

YES! All the money I wasted on my rtx 2080ti was worth it to see Keanu with proper lighting in a neon city at night.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

ProfessorCirno posted:

What a fun coincidence the most important part of the setting is the one that lets us be transphobic

Like they're making the game, they can literally just choose not to be gross. The Spirit of Cyberpunk isn't going to haunt them if they go "hey maybe don't fetishize this in a super disgusting way."

Don't play the game then? Or do you not want them to make the game and be true to the source?

99% of people are not going to notice any of this, nor will they care. It's a cool cyberpunk game were you get to mod your body and kill people.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Ridiculous. It's a cool cyberpunk game where you get to mod your body and kill people and we shouldn't have to miss it for some stupid transphobic bullshit. They're not going to pull the game because people are talking about their mistakes, so calm down.

I'm not sure how the game is being transphobic from what I've seen of trailers and gameplay. But I don't focus on these things because it doesn't affect me directly.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Skippy McPants posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is the same line you hear about things like violence against women in medieval fantasy settings. Yes, it can be a thing but framing and context matter.

Like, for example, is there a trans or gender fluid character with a prominent role in the main story? Do we have the perspective of someone from the oppressed group to push back against the corporate exploitation or is out only exposure going to be Big Dick Energy Drink Model? Maybe, maybe not! But given both CDProjekt and the genre's less than stellar history there is good reason to be skeptical about their ability to pull off nuanced portrayals.

At this point I care more about how the RTX lighting is going to look and what tech mods you can install than how they are representing my particular socioeconomic or gender group.

No one has mentioned if any of the PC demos have had RTX on, or if that stuff is still deep in development and all we are going to get are a couple of high resolution screenshots.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm probably gonna have to build a new one. I just have a shelf PC that I dropped a 1050gtx into. It normally does okay but I recently got Division 2 and it was just barely running it on low. I know CDPR optimizes their games well and there's probably a decent chance I could run it on low but it's cyberpunk, I need that poo poo to look good.

Yeah, I got tired of not being able to max out everything which is why I went with the 2080ti.

I was really hoping they would have RTX in the game, but I am worried they won't do a good job of it because you really need to design your lighting placement to make things look right with just ray tracing.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

PenguinKnight posted:

Regarding “true to the source”, which source? The tabletop rpg sourcebook, or cyberpunk as a genre?

One I’ve not looked at at all, and one can make a commentary on commodification of identity without devolving to “hehe lady with dongus!” (Ghost in the shell is the biggest one that comes to mind, motoko’s body is an off the shelf model and the show suggests at times she may have been AMAB).

and as it’s been stated before, maybe the game comments on it! Maybe everyone says it’s a poo poo ad! Who knows at this time! All were saying is, right now with the way CD Projekt Red has handled trans identity for this very same loving game, there’s not a lot of hope that it’d be handled good

Maybe they just need to hit people over the head with it using a photo like that because most people wouldn't get it because they aren't sensitive to it.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Chalks posted:

IMO it basically just comes down to whether trans people are portrayed as commonplace and accepted in this future setting. They absolutely should be, it's simply absurd to think of a cyberpunk future where you regularly modify any part of your body, replace your entire face or your brain, but if you replace this one specific part then oh no that's weird. It goes against the entire concept of cyberpunk.

If that's not the case in their portrayal, that poster is really dumb. If it is, then it's a poster of an attractive model being objectified to sell a soft drink which seems pretty on brand for a dystopian future.

It's more important to portray them as the source material does, if you want to world build properly.

I mean novels set in the 1800's and earlier have all sorts of terrible views that are portrayed as they were back then. But you can still see the injustice of those thoughts and deeds, and that they should feel ashamed that they acted in such a way.

But given the transhumanist nature of 2077 there will be groups that disagree with it, and those that agree, and as long as they treat it properly in the context of the source material I think it should be accepted for what it is.

If they demonize trans people as a whole and do so outside of the source material, then I think you can argue they shouldn't be doing it.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Arist posted:

That ad is gross as poo poo.

Not a fan of big genetically altered dicks?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Arist posted:

I was speaking more broadly in that instance (should have been more clear), but "trans/nonbinary person with massive, obvious penis" is not exactly a flattering portrayal. I understand that it's cyberpunk but even still the absolute most charitable reading I can come up with is that it's incredibly fetishistic.

What about gay pride parades where people go with little to no clothing, is that a flattering portrayal?

The entire point of an ad is to be bold and in your face and memorable.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The underlying problem in human society including the cyberpunk world is capitalism which results in a lack of democracy and disempowers minority groups.

Almost everything flows from that. Which is what we should be discussing. All the cool toys that capitalism has produces lulls those who can afford them into inaction and acceptance.

In the end though, we should be more respectful of each other and our point of views as long as we aren't murdering or enslaving each other for them.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Agnosticnixie posted:

The common cliche for younger especially het and bi trans women tends to be both oversexed and based on tricking men. It hits the first part but honestly I think the second is dabatable (it's voyeuristic for sure but in a way that's sexualizing whereas the cliche usually... is not) at best. 90s media really loving loved it but like you still get this poo poo in the IT crowd because the main writer finds this kind of transphobia hilarious.

Maybe it's that way because of the media that is put out there for the masses to consume?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
New interview with Keanu about the role. He has a really odd cadence to his speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-5vIz_gDw

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Plus 1 for the separate thread for social impact.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wait is Johnny Silverhand the actual name of Keanu's character

Yes.

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Silverhand

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Has is been mentioned anywhere if ray tracing is going to be in cyberpunk? Probably not, but imagine how good it would look with it.

The dick pic was posted by nvidia announcing ray tracing for the game.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This game is looking amazing.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1139246759023128576

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Steve2911 posted:

I'd say it's phenomenally unlikely unless they downgraded it to a ridiculous degree.

Maybe on the Switch 2?

Stadia for switch. Lol.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

That woman with the hammer is something else.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Strongly considering buying a computer for this. I haven't worked on or upgraded a comp since before 64 bit was real hardcore new era poo poo, so I feel like the process of building one will also seem cyberpunk as gently caress with extremely futuristic interconnects and solid state harddrives and poo poo.

PC is going to be the best experience, period. At least if you have one that can run the game well. Raytracing isn't going to be on console, unless there is a remaster for next generation. Also higher resolution, textures and so on.

I'm thinking about hooking up my PC to my 4k oled to play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
These almost make me want to get a physical version of the game.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1139475327414087682