Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The REAL Goobusters posted:

capcom is legit back and im so happy. holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Also can I just say: gently caress DmC

Correct

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:yeah:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Nero more like Queero lmfao

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
im just here to say that buttrock and action games is like a required combo and i'm glad it's back for devil may cry v the phantom pain

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dante and Nero fight back the armies of hell and get to the gates in front of the foreboding castle spawning the demons
V approaches them and comments on how he's been trying to get in there for years.

Pulls off his cloak and it's Viewtiful Joe

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dante and Nero fight back the armies of hell and get to the gates in front of the foreboding castle spawning the demons
V approaches them and comments on how he's been trying to get in there for years.

Pulls off his cloak and it's Viewtiful Joe

Don't me tease with even the possibility of the Viewtiful One.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I always believed. More than I believed in the piss tape, even. I always believed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This must mean today Metal Gear Rising: Dual Revengeance will be announced. Or will we have to wait 10 years for that

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Loving how Nero's new song starts off sounding like a regular DMC battle theme before turning into a new thing. Feels like a combination of old DMC and Bayonetta.

"Bang, bang, bang; pull my Devil Trigger" is the exact correct amount of cheese I need in this series.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The time has come, and so have I.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I don't really know how E3 works but does this being revealed during the Microsoft event mean its xbone exclusive or no?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I don't really know how E3 works but does this being revealed during the Microsoft event mean its xbone exclusive or no?

No. They've already confirmed it's multiplatform.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Old Dante Comes To Your House And Eats Pizza ASMR

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Hello here is Nero riding his own mechanical arm like a rocket

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So did they get permission to use the likeness of Cody Rhodes?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

Dante's model seems like they just scanned the face of his voice actor.

Not surprising, considering he also did all the mocap for Dante as well. He basically is the man.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

So did they get permission to use the likeness of Cody Rhodes?

He totally looks like Cody Rhodes, and I better see a Cross Rhodes for one of his grapples.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Agreed. If it wasn't called DmC I would say it is fine. Ninja Theory make some fun adventure games but that wasn't a DMC game.

Also hottake, people who liked DmC are babies who couldn't enjoy the dept of the original 4.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Let us all forever remember that not long after Microsoft announced they bought Ninja Theory they bring out the guy behind Devil May Cry to say "DMC is back!" and proceeded to pretend that DmC never happened.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Every time is see this image I think it's some kind of stereotypical wild west gold prospector.
"Ye-Haw there is gold in dem der hillsdemons.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Jesus christ lol

Alternate hot take: DmC was a perfectly serviceable game that shouldn't have been called Devil May Cry

Edit: Not so hot take. A warm take if you will. Apparently.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 11, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ulio posted:

Agreed. If it wasn't called DmC I would say it is fine. Ninja Theory make some fun adventure games but that wasn't a DMC game.

Also hottake, people who liked DmC are babies who couldn't enjoy the dept of the original 4.

facts

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ulio posted:

DmC had a handful of really cool ideas w/ the environmental stuff and looked gorgeous. It was an average-to-solid action game and a loving failure of a Devil May Cry game 100%.

I really do think it would have been received better if it had been an entirely new property with a similar story.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm not a fan of sniper rifle abortions regardless of what name they're under

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm not a fan of sniper rifle abortions regardless of what name they're under

The edge in that scene was SSS Rank and that's not a good thing!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a lot of DmC was just a mediocre action game with some nice aesthetics but then it also had bits where you fought a giant unborn demon baby for twenty minutes and that made me from being eh on it to kind of really hating it at its core

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

But really I'm excited. Now Capcom give us an updated Ghouls 'n' Ghosts/Ghosts 'n' Goblins and you truly are back.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DmC, even under a different name, couldn't have been saved from its writing staff. Even just going off of what appeared in the game (by which I mean not counting the hilariously homophobic poo poo from the initial presentation thing), like the sniper rifle abortion, the whole magic ritual components scene, dick measuring contests, "gently caress YOU, gently caress YOU!", etc, I think its nature as a bad DMC game overshadows the tons of other terrible things in it. A lot of which ended up just being edge for edge's sake.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

DmC, even under a different name, couldn't have been saved from its writing staff. Even just going off of what appeared in the game (by which I mean not counting the hilariously homophobic poo poo from the initial presentation thing), like the sniper rifle abortion, the whole magic ritual components scene, dick measuring contests, "gently caress YOU, gently caress YOU!", etc, I think its nature as a bad DMC game overshadows the tons of other terrible things in it. A lot of which ended up just being edge for edge's sake.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the writing is atrocious and it made some dumb as gently caress choices. But I think all that bad would have been received on the level of a typical game w/ bad writing had it not also been loving with everything about a well beloved franchise. It would just be another Ninja Theory game that some people really like and some people think is ok.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I'm making this face right now

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think if they wanted to outsource DMC there is only 2 teams that could have made a respectable DMC game. Team Ninja who makes Ninja Gaiden/Nioh, their stories aren't whacky like capcom but the combat and boss design is on par with Capcom imo.

Other team is obviously Platinum Games who are a bunch of ex capcom employees and they have DMC creator Kamiya. They have the same high pace action like Capcom games and they have almost the same whacky cheesy stories.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

esperterra posted:

DmC had a handful of really cool ideas w/ the environmental stuff and looked gorgeous. It was an average-to-solid action game and a loving failure of a Devil May Cry game 100%.

I really do think it would have been received better if it had been an entirely new property with a similar story.

Agreed with this. The environmental stuff was fantastic, it would be good to see that used in another game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have faith this will right the wrongs of the past 2 games, and by 4 I mean "you have to do the entire loving game again, I mean with a better playstyle but still" and I hope Nero's moveset is a bit more diverse with the robot arm. everything else looks smooth as hell and loving rad.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Ninja Theory consistently makes games that are 6-7/10 and then get bumped up ~2 points or so because game journalists are trash garbage. DmC getting swept under the rug warms the cockles of my heart.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So from the trailer I'm assuming Nero has a robo arm because Vergil is back somehow and took his actual arm so he could have his sword back, yes?

I haven't replayed 4 in forever so I can't remember if Nero still has his arm at the end of it or not lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DLC Inc posted:

I have faith this will right the wrongs of the past 2 games, and by 4 I mean "you have to do the entire loving game again, I mean with a better playstyle but still" and I hope Nero's moveset is a bit more diverse with the robot arm. everything else looks smooth as hell and loving rad.

Yeah I'm hoping they actually finish this game and we don't have poo poo just tacked on like the backtracking with Dante was in 4. Wasn't that supposed to be much more of its own thing before they had to rush it out the door?

Really curious who the third playable character will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

esperterra posted:

So from the trailer I'm assuming Nero has a robo arm because Vergil is back somehow and took his actual arm so he could have his sword back, yes?

I haven't replayed 4 in forever so I can't remember if Nero still has his arm at the end of it or not lmao

near the end of the trailer you see what i'm assuming is part of the prologue or a flashback where a hooded man rips off vergil's arm from nero in a lovely garage

the hooded man is presumably the bad guy and presumably vergil