Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I imagine Vergil will be a villain but then he will have to team up with his twin brother and his boi to do sick stylish poo poo against whoever the bigger villain will end up being. Then they'll high five and go for pizza, where Vergil will try to stab Dante and they'll have a kickin rad food deadly food fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Wait why does Dante have white hair now?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The villain stole the arm and regrows Virgil out of it in the hope he can collaborate with him, but then Virgil decides to go his own way.

But nah, hooded guy is probably Virgil, yeah, and it'll probably turn out he had a reason and the real villain is someone else.

Vergil ripped of the arm since he wants his sword back. He's annoyed that his punk kid stole his poo poo.

It's not like Vergil was ever a nice person.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fereydun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtTcFTeoJI
more footage
nero is nero, dmc is still some dmc-rear end-DMC and not some bayonetta-lite poo poo

Gameplay-wise looks tight but man, I'm not feeling the photorealistic graphics.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's going to turn out that if Vergil didn't rip off the arm Nero would succumb to his demon side/fall victim to whatever the bad guy's planning he's just very bad at explaining things.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

When Nero is doing the throw move in the trailer is that the devil arm or robotic? I can't tell.

I wonder if you start the game with devil arm and lose it mid way?

Also if this is clearly post 4 what weapon does Vergil have? He didn't even need a weapon to rip off Nero's arm and we know Dante has his sword.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ulio posted:

When Nero is doing the throw move in the trailer is that the devil arm or robotic? I can't tell.

I wonder if you start the game with devil arm and lose it mid way?

Also if this is clearly post 4 what weapon does Vergil have? He didn't even need a weapon to rip off Nero's arm and we know Dante has his sword.

No, Dante gave Yamato to Nero at the end of 4. And casually turns out that Nero stores it inside his Devil Bringer.

There was a rumor going around that Vergil would start the game on his corrupted state and would simply use his fists and legs to fight. That would've been awesome.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/jrico_32/status/1005976143097286657?s=21

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gameplay-wise looks tight but man, I'm not feeling the photorealistic graphics.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about this yet, either. Nero looks great but everyone else gave me a weird vibe in that initial trailer.

But all that matters is how it plays and how goofy it is, really.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I'm willing to give this a chance. DMC4 wasn't great but it was still fun, and I felt after the trash that was DmC they'd never go back. Thank god I was wrong.

Do they have Dante's original voice actor back? I couldn't find info on that.

Also Nero definitely acts a lot more like Dante now.

quote:

Wait why does Dante have white hair now?

Shirley you can't be serious

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everyone is back doing VA and mocap as far as I know.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They said they were coming back for another game like 2 or 3 years ago.

Well Vergil's voice actor accidently said it but still.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

No, Dante gave Yamato to Nero at the end of 4. And casually turns out that Nero stores it inside his Devil Bringer.

There was a rumor going around that Vergil would start the game on his corrupted state and would simply use his fists and legs to fight. That would've been awesome.

poo poo I forgot about that. I need to go and replay the whole collection.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Nail Rat posted:

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to kill Rupert Langdon to keep him from voicing Dante, he came im for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and infinite as well as the Anime. He also mocaps him too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to kill Rupert Langdon to keep him from voicing Dante, he came in for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite as well as the Anime. He also mocaps him too.

OOF

Also I didn't know there was a dub of the anime. I need to get on that.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to kill Rupert Langdon to keep him from voicing Dante, he came im for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and infinite as well as the Anime. He also mocaps him too.

It's Reuben Langdon. He also does mocap for Chris Redfield.

The Japanese VA for Dante does Ryu, Leon, Sephiroth and Griffith. That is actually a pretty impressive range...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah DMC without Reuben would be hosed, he's been Dante's voice and mocap dude since 3.

Also, sidenote, I always appreciate DMC being one of those Japanese games made with English actors/VA and is always subtitled in Japan.

e: did dmc get japanese vas post 3 or do you just mean for the anime and crossover stuff?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DMC4SE is the first DMC game to get a Japanese dub, otherwise Dante’s multitude of crossover appearances is where Morikawa began voicing the character and the anime, of course.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That's what I thought, though I wasn't aware of the 4SE addition!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

It's perfect.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/dev1_official/status/1006701949645828096

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I unironically love disheveled grandpa Dante, to be honest.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
This is going to be good. I hope we can still dunk with Nero

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nail Rat posted:

I'm willing to give this a chance. DMC4 wasn't great but it was still fun, and I felt after the trash that was DmC they'd never go back. Thank god I was wrong.

Also Nero definitely acts a lot more like Dante now.

Shirley you can't be serious
what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEBAukcHaU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbh as an overall product I could get behind 'DMC4 wasn't great' in the sense it was an unfinished mess of a product that fell apart at the end. I've also never been a fan of Nero (though he plays fun as hell and functions as an 'easier' way to play the game to ramp up to when you finally get to play as Dante w/ the style switching) so there's that.

But the mechanics of that game were near loving perfect holy gently caress did they ever take the concepts from DMC3 and turn them into something goddamn beautiful.

e: ^^ also the dante cutscenes are top tier

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc

ART

e: lmao the sound mixing on this smdh

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

There were parts that were great, principally that. But "Gloria" was pretty cringeworthy, Kyrie was an awful character just there for Nero to rescue, the whole story and setting was pretty bad. Not to mention going through the same exact maps and in some cases bosses multiple times to stretch out a lack of content.

But the gameplay was pretty fun, and yeah Dante's cutscenes were great.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm just glad DMC3 now has a decent PC version so I can remap my controls so that I can play Gunslinger and not hate myself

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
See, those scenes with Dante are part of what made this new trailer so jarring in tone. The series does have some somber and up to some point, grim elements on its backstory but those are never fully explored and quickly become secondary to Dante's goofiness. So going from that to having Nero graphically have his arm ripped off and that event becoming the turning point for his character is quite the whiplash.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nero was always the edgy grimdark teen version of Dante so tis to be expected. I'd imagine poo poo will be properly ridiculous when Uncle appears.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Modding Devil Trigger into DMC4:SE and giving it a replay now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think nero is even like, super edgy, definitely not as much as DmC dante. he's just, The Teen of DMC

which, hell, that's been endearing about him enough to me

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Nero can wear a purple coat in SE. This is very important

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Well edgy in relation to Dante. Like Nero is what you would expect young Dante to act like if you just saw screenshots of the games with no context.

e: nero is v much a goof but unintentionally so

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

See, those scenes with Dante are part of what made this new trailer so jarring in tone. The series does have some somber and up to some point, grim elements on its backstory but those are never fully explored and quickly become secondary to Dante's goofiness. So going from that to having Nero graphically have his arm ripped off and that event becoming the turning point for his character is quite the whiplash.

Nero was still wisecracking throughout and clearly enjoying himself. I'd say wait for the final product, this could be edited a certain way because "grimdark" is in right now (although if so, it's odd because the goofiness is what sets DMC apart).

Should've had a slam dunk IMO.