Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I'm willing to give this a chance. DMC4 wasn't great but it was still fun, and I felt after the trash that was DmC they'd never go back. Thank god I was wrong.

Do they have Dante's original voice actor back? I couldn't find info on that.

Also Nero definitely acts a lot more like Dante now.

quote:

Wait why does Dante have white hair now?

Shirley you can't be serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

There were parts that were great, principally that. But "Gloria" was pretty cringeworthy, Kyrie was an awful character just there for Nero to rescue, the whole story and setting was pretty bad. Not to mention going through the same exact maps and in some cases bosses multiple times to stretch out a lack of content.

But the gameplay was pretty fun, and yeah Dante's cutscenes were great.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

See, those scenes with Dante are part of what made this new trailer so jarring in tone. The series does have some somber and up to some point, grim elements on its backstory but those are never fully explored and quickly become secondary to Dante's goofiness. So going from that to having Nero graphically have his arm ripped off and that event becoming the turning point for his character is quite the whiplash.

Nero was still wisecracking throughout and clearly enjoying himself. I'd say wait for the final product, this could be edited a certain way because "grimdark" is in right now (although if so, it's odd because the goofiness is what sets DMC apart).

Should've had a slam dunk IMO.