Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nail Rat posted:

I'm willing to give this a chance. DMC4 wasn't great but it was still fun, and I felt after the trash that was DmC they'd never go back. Thank god I was wrong.

Do they have Dante's original voice actor back? I couldn't find info on that.

Also Nero definitely acts a lot more like Dante now.

Shirley you can't be serious
what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEBAukcHaU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of these thoughts runnin’ through my head
Arm on fire, veins burnin’ red
Frustration is gettin’ bigger
Bang Bang Bang – Pull my Devil Trigger

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bough the HD trilogy on the summer sale and boy is DMC 1 hard as gently caress compared to 4, mostly due to the old rear end controls and terrible camera.

I died so many times to the spider :downs:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renoistic posted:

But I still rank DMC3 the highest, followed by 4. 4 would be higher if you didn't fight like every boss twice.

Three times actually. One with Nero, another with Dante and then you fight them again at the end during the dice platform thing :v:

a cartoon duck posted:

DMC4 Dante was the best Dante because he was the gayest and cowboyest in that one, it's not rocket science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm revising DMC 1 and it's still decent even though it's clearly more resident evil than devil may cry.

Also, how many Nightmares bosses are there cause i keep beating this pile of goo every two levels.

honestly the main reason not to revisit dmc 1 is the dogshit camera

Mans fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 27, 2018

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After finishing DMC 1 HD and now going to DMC 2....oh boy, this game took quite a beating during development.

Most enemies and even bosses just kinda stare at you and don't really attack.

Hell, they even bring back the spider from the first and it jus stands around being stun locked by the basic attack combo.

...said basic attack combo is actually the only combo by the way.

I fought some tanks but they couldn't depress enough to shoot when i got next to them so they just kinda stood there while i chipped their health way.

Then an helicopter showed up and then i had a climatic battle with it on top of a building....Until it just climbed away from the camera and got so high up all the shots couldn't hit the building i was in so i just stood there shooting it with the pistols until it died.

I fought a skeleton boss who had two wolves. The wolves just kinda lunged around randomly and never hit me. They would jump all over the map seemingly at random. I literatlly stood still waiting and they never bothered attacking me.

I fought this evil dude in his office palace. He just stood there making hand gestures but never attacked.

You never buy combat abilities or skills. You just pay for the swords to hit harder. There at least three swords so far, they're literally the same moveset wise, the only thing that changes is the reach and the damage slightly.

The animations of dante are kinda fluid and he's much nimbler and faster than in DMC 1, which is funny because he's in a world where everything is slower than 1. This means the game is a giant cakewalk so far.

Also if you think the camera angles were bad in DMC 1 then Lmao.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/1014886621244723207

I hope I don't have to sell a kidney for one of those.
You'll just need to bless them with a gift of light.

One that is a righteous cause on judgement nights.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

dmc2 is a bit of a ride, it's weird to see bolverk obviously be designed as like the game's answer to nero angelo but get completely hosed by the core design and the awful camera angles you get during his fights. if you stick dmc2 out all the way to the end your reward is literally a boss fight that's just every dmc1 and 2 boss trapped in a huge poo poo pile

You weren't kidding. It's a literal pile of poo poo with boss heads crying out in pain.

I just stood there firing the rocket launcher and killed them without being damaged :wtc:

The "true" final boss was kinda decent though, probably the only boss in the game with a workable camera.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbh i never head of dragon's dogma. is it good and sold poorly or is it just poor?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The DMC 5 trailler is battling for 4M views while the Devil Trigger is going into the 8Ms :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WaltherFeng posted:

Replace Devil Never Cry with whatever the heck is playing on the background of DMC3 and I'd have no complaints.

Steal a soul for a second chance
But you will never become a man