Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Devolver talking poo poo would make more sense if they actually put out more then one decent game a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Devolver Digital is very GBS.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

ok, but lol if you've ever ignored anyone

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

lol if you have any idea who the gently caress posts in gbs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

Devolver talking poo poo would make more sense if they actually put out more then one decent game a year.

What was the one last year?

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Let me let you in on a secret

Ohhhh, well, that makes sense

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Poniard posted:

lol if you have any idea who the gently caress posts in gbs

you can smell it, you don't even need to go there

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Saint Freak posted:

isn't this because arfjason pissed off the star citizen thread that was doxxing and stalking people by reminding them that forcing and stalking was bad

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
who gives a poo poo when we i can spend money bethesdacoin for a sword of ultimate power +2 on the shitter thanks to todd howard

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

What was the one last year?

Absolver? Or I guess Talos Principle VR.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

exploded mummy posted:

isn't this because arfjason pissed off the star citizen thread that was doxxing and stalking people by reminding them that forcing and stalking was bad

maybe

maybe it's his sense of humor being, see previous posts

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Minit is extremely good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just remembered that they literally showed off a mobile elder scrolls game and spent so much time on it jesus christ

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

ArfJason posted:

"shitbitching cuntfaggot bitchass!" -devolver girl
"[celestial choir]" -audience

Please tell us more about how bad their conference was

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
town: the mode.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

an actual dog posted:

Minit is extremely good

i like minit a lot

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Barudak posted:

Why two and why do you still have them?

I was working at Gamestop and thought "Hey, I bet these things will go for lots of money to the cosplay community in a few years.

Yeah, I thought they were big enough to wear.

I still have them because they're in a closet that is only opened once or twice a year.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if you thought you loved towns, you'll love even more now that they're a full fledged mode

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ok that was fun yall see you next year

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

Correct, but also

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
trolling gbs is its own reward but posts such as

Saint Freak posted:

are a nice bonus

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Adult Swim infomercial press conference was good, and hell, if you disagree, I'm posting the Ignore list.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Devolver games are fun, but that conference was the worst thing that dorks are going to get super defensive about

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Six AM posted:

Devolver games are fun, but that conference was the worst thing that dorks are going to get super defensive about

You're just a weirdo with no sense of humor

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

You're just a weirdo with no sense of humor

I'm not saying being a dork is a bad thing or anything. But that conference would have been fine if it was maybe 2 mins and then game trailers and then just black.

It's the turn it to 11 joke done by people that arent paid funny people about being abrasive. At least they try? I guess?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Six AM posted:

I'm not saying being a dork is a bad thing or anything. But that conference would have been fine if it was maybe 2 mins and then game trailers and then just black.

It's the turn it to 11 joke done by people that arent paid funny people about being abrasive. At least they try? I guess?

Make some videogames and then start your own conference

Its a loving satire of the other major game companies you goober

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
So, you think people dont get the joke? Do you just think its funny because you like that exact type of joke? Thats cool. But the way they do that joke sucks and is cringey. So bad. No big deal. What does making my own video games have to do with being funny lol

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Devolver was the best. I was skeptical about them doing it again this year, but if this is going to be a running gag with returning elements I'm all for it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Six AM posted:

So, you think people dont get the joke? Do you just think its funny because you like that exact type of joke? Thats cool. But the way they do that joke sucks and is cringey. So bad. No big deal. What does making my own video games have to do with being funny lol

I think you, Six AM, you personally, the sole goon who is bitching about devolver, doesn't get the joke. Don't try to turn yourself into "lots of people are talking about this" like Trump.

I think everybody else who was laughing their assess off got the joke.

E: You're cringey.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Whats up with ranking the conference against each other? That seems kinda weird you have to pick your favorite? Its like, wanna know which superbowl commercial i liked better than the other ones?

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

Who knew that humor could be so subjective

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Six AM posted:

Whats up with ranking the conference against each other? That seems kinda weird you have to pick your favorite?

Are you an alien that is studying the human race?

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I think you, Six AM, you personally, the sole goon who is bitching about devolver, doesn't get the joke. Don't try to turn yourself into "lots of people are talking about this" like Trump.

I think everybody else who was laughing their assess off got the joke.

E: You're cringey.

Lol, this post owns. Im not the only one saying it, the joke is obvious, and im like president trump. I think the people laughing their asses off are fine and cool, but the conference was lame and cringey. It was poorly done. Big time.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RobPlays/status/1006068212063178752

Amazon actually has skyrim for alexa, and its real.

Its like a voice-activated text adventure.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a loving satire of the other major game companies you goober

oh word? you mean them screaming LOOT BOXES ad nauseum and saying "BATTLE ROYALE!!!" is a parody?? no way man no fuckin way wow

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

https://twitter.com/RobPlays/status/1006068212063178752

Amazon actually has skyrim for alexa, and its real.

Its like a voice-activated text adventure.

I've been pitching this idea since the Kinect.

Course MS themselves demoed something like that on the kinect, although they implemented it wrong.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ArfJason posted:

oh word? you mean them screaming LOOT BOXES ad nauseum and saying "BATTLE ROYALE!!!" is a parody?? no way man no fuckin way wow

You say that but six AM doesn't seem to get any of it

Like do you see the context of the post I was responding to? No, that shouldn't have to be said. No poo poo. Duh. But this guy is being weird.

Never understand goons taking a post completely out of context just to dunk on it and feel smart.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Ok, here, lemme see if i get it zaphod. The other companies are lamewads that do stuffy conferences and also have questionable business practices that internet people lose their minds about, and devolver is doing a sharp parody of all of that? This is a really complicated joke with a lot of levels...just wanna make sure ive got it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Six AM posted:

dorks are going to get super defensive about

lmao at the level of prescience here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

:siren: DON'T LEAVE YALL DEVOLVER THE BEST CONFERENCE IS ABOUT TO START :siren:

Dias posted:

SIT YO ASSES DOWN DEVOLVER IS POWERFUL

Jerusalem posted:

Ahaha, these crowd reaction shots are the best

Panic Restaurant posted:

Ahah ahaha yesssss

Pakled posted:

Ahahahahahahaha

Barudak posted:

Devolver, I love you.

Caidin posted:

So the Devolver show is just taking the piss of out E3/the industry then?

Kurtofan posted:

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

fits posted:

im dying

Six AM posted:

This is as cringey as the ea conference. It's like if you ate a kool aid pack and the sugar without mixing it all in water

One of these things is not like the other

You're literally the only person in this whole thread who said they didn't like it

ArfJason posted:

lmao at the level of prescience here

That's like a bullshit "you're in denial" attack. There's nothing you can say in return.

"This sucked, and people are going to get defensive about it" you can say that about literally anything good and act smug, but you're just a dick.

• Locked thread