Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Halo14 posted:

"This golf course is so unfair, pure luck just to have a good score!"

Meanwhile, the world no. 1 is leading...

If the world's #1 had played in the morning, he would have a much bigger lead. The USGA hosed it up again, and they admitted it.

These idiots should be fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

daslog posted:

If the world's #1 had played in the morning, he would have a much bigger lead. The USGA hosed it up again, and they admitted it.

These idiots should be fired.

I’m all for a tough course setup that makes these guys look mortal, but Mike Davis should be fired and banned from golf for life. Shinnecock is hard without the USGA loving with it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Shout-out to Mayatsuma(?) for his dope-rear end Starfox hat.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

spamman posted:

So who comes from 6-7 back on day 4 to win this? Poulter from 4 back?

The Goon Golfer:

...also it's so dumb they start so late, the leaders should be going at 9AM PST or earlier.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Phil with a massive over celebration after making a par putt lol.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was out yesterday. What a shitshow this thing has turned into. Scores are so bad it's almost unfair to even have a cut line. At this rate, the cut players could finish only a few strokes behind the leaders. No way to know how they would have done on the weekend, of course.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Patrick Reed four under through five holes. Maybe the Tiger Red on Sundays was bad luck for him.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Reed is gonna have a couple of majors. Calling it now.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Fleetwood was unconscious today. 62 would have been so awesome.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Dr. Capco posted:

Fleetwood was unconscious today. 62 would have been so awesome.

I keep hoping for anything that makes Johnny loving Miller’s 63 less relevant.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Anyone but Patrick Reed :pray:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have VERY few concerns about these piss bitches complaining about a notorious tournament playing up to them.
Yes, I agree that the whole "Sanctimony of par" thing is ..eesh. But here's a reason it's par. And I do like to see pros play to it sometimes. That is what it means.

I dunno. Golf has played itself into a corner since probably the 70-80's when they really split the courses into "these are for you, these are for pro players" style set ups. I just wish that that pro players wouldn't BITCH as much as they do. If you're as good as you say, go gently caress over a muni and then walk onto a pristine course made out of literal glass that no normal human can play, and PLAY IT THE SAME or some poo poo.

I dunno. I feel so disconnected from pro golf that it's dumb, and I grew up playing it tons in a time that should not have made it feel that way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A year ago, who would have thought that Koepka would be a 2 time US Open champ. Crazy. Congrats to that dude.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Even Patrick Reed said that the course was fine yesterday, just the pin positions on 13 and 15 needed to be a couple paces closer to the center of the green. I would agree with that assessment.

People forget that at the 2000 US Open, the runners up finished +3 but NOBODY complained about that setup. Two times the US Open has been won at +7.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I audibly cheered at work when finau yanked his tee shot into the fescue. Forever a Fleetwood fanboy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Even Patrick Reed said that the course was fine yesterday, just the pin positions on 13 and 15 needed to be a couple paces closer to the center of the green. I would agree with that assessment.

People forget that at the 2000 US Open, the runners up finished +3 but NOBODY complained about that setup. Two times the US Open has been won at +7.

Grew up caddying starting at age 11 in the early 90's, left the business as "pro shop guy", when I had to leave for "stuff and college" at 18.
All my friends were caddies or co-workers and we got specifically asked for to get taken along for my clubs top heavy hitters as caddies when they went out of town for charity events and poo poo.

Mondays were employee days, and even caddies could golf as much as they wanted on a private, $35,000 year membership course (back in '95 in WI) as long as they let members play through. So you could keep your clubs in the bag room, show up at 5 am and just. keep. loving. golfing.

Yes I DO know golf rules. Yes if you if you scream at me I can ask you to refer to the PGA rule book. I can also ask you to defer you to your partner. Yes I know where my shadow is on the green. Yes give no shits. #caddie

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 18, 2018

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Great tourney and Koepka was ice cold down the stretch to close this bitch out.

I am ready to send Buttcoin to Dr. Capco for picking Fleetwood. PM Me with your ip address and mothers ss#.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dr. Capco posted:

I audibly cheered at work when finau yanked his tee shot into the fescue. Forever a Fleetwood fanboy.

PM sent you fart sniffer.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

loving Finau.

PM me, Capco.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Final standings. Congrats Dr. Capco, I could see Fleetwood being a top 10 betting favorite at the British Open.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

money sent to the big lucky jerk who's a jerk :argh:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I would have taken Rickie, but I think he peaked when he won the players.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

daslog posted:

I would have taken Rickie, but I think he peaked when he won the players.

He's upgraded on one front since then...

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Giving this a bump for Mattfl since I couldn't PM him with my paypal. danstrawn1 at gmail goon sir

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Capco posted:

Giving this a bump for Mattfl since I couldn't PM him with my paypal. danstrawn1 at gmail goon sir

Got it, will send today

edit: and sent!

mattfl fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 19, 2018

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012
I wanted to send Capco some Top Flites but he said he'd prefer the cash :smith:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I went to the merchandise tent on Sunday around noon, and it was completely empty. There was not one single hat left besides youth sizes. I'd say 70% of the tent was just bare shelves with nothing left.

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012
but if you support the USGA with :10bux: you get a free us open hat!!!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Capco PM me dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Paul Casey choked away a four shot lead today and let The Christian Duke of Hazzard Bubba Watson win the event

edit: oh wait this is the us open thread, whatever

• Locked thread