Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jerusalem i have reported everyone who posted more than one wrestler please help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gonna have to be CM Punk. Considering what happened Saturday it's kinda embarrassing but there were very few people that I can say kept me invested when everything else was driving me away.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't like how cm punk was very sloppy and did his signature setup move poorly, but he was good in many respects. I would rate him 0.65 Out of 1.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cm punk's strengths were an understanding of match setup and ring psychology while being very good at positioning, move execution is always lovely with him because he is not at all athletically gifted

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like what You've said. i've upgraded him to 0.71 out of 1

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

Can we at least all agree that our favorite goon wrestler is Johnny Blast

He's good

three goon wrestlers better than johnny blast
kevin omega
kenny owens
stephen corno

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Naruki Doi is probably my favorite right now.

All-time I'm not sure, might be Cima at his peak.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I like pete dunne because he used another wrestlers hand to give me the finger, then he bit that finger, then he called me a oval office.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

three goon wrestlers better than johnny blast
kevin omega
kenny owens
stephen corno

have one of them post in this thread then, and I'll be convinced you are correct

as long as you don't say KANE. Kane is the WORST goon wrestler

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Von Linus posted:

I like pete dunne because he used another wrestlers hand to give me the finger, then he bit that finger, then he called me a oval office.
Pete Dunne is now my favorite wrestler also after reading this.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

sticklefifer posted:

Pete Dunne is now my favorite wrestler also after reading this.

He stands for the common man against cunts imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My favourite wrestler is Kota Ibushi because he's the coolest.

He shoots fireworks at himself and backflips off cars. He's very pretty and once gave himself 10 Canadian Destroyers in a row. He thinks books are scary and doesn't seem to understand that necks aren't made of Titanium. He has a very good clothesline and has Phoenix Splashed Godzilla.

He's basically the perfect wrestler.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Scott Steiner is my favourite wrestler of all time. He has one of very few careers that are consistently entertaining, even if the reasons for that entertainment drastically changed. From his early days as a freakishly strong and fast tag team wrestler, to his in-between period of roiding out of his mind and shooting on people on live TV because no one backstage wanted to fight him over it, to his immobile period where he leaned into his earlier insanity and just started cutting some of the most incredible promos in the business despite his in ring work deteriorating from "amazing" to "passable", to his bizarre modern renaissance.

There's nothin' finer than Scott Steiner.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My favourite wrestler is Kota Ibushi because he's the coolest.

He shoots fireworks at himself and backflips off cars. He's very pretty and once gave himself 10 Canadian Destroyers in a row. He thinks books are scary and doesn't seem to understand that necks aren't made of Titanium. He has a very good clothesline and has Phoenix Splashed Godzilla.

He's basically the perfect wrestler.
There's a lot of wrestlers that give off this illusion they truly give no fucks, but Kota Ibushi is truly the least gently caress-giving wrestler of all time. The rumors are that his parents are incredibly wealthy and he's just wrestling until it's time to take over his parent's company and retire rich. He was asked to carry DDT Pro, declined for NJPW. He was asked to carry NJPW, declined and went to NXT. He was asked to carry NXT and declined, became an anime tiger in the NJPW opening card.

He gave Vine McMahon a high-five at an NXT show after a match, not even knowing who Vince loving McMahon was. He knows almost no English at all, despite two of his best friends (Nakazawa and Omega) being Canadian and living in the US for an extended period. One time he won an anal explosion match and decided to stick fireworks in his rear end anyway, giggling the whole time.

This is one of his finishers, who the gently caress thinks of this

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kota Ibushi left New Japan to go to Kaiju Big Battel and he's my hero.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kota Ibushi left New Japan to go to Kaiju Big Battel and he's my hero.
He left NXT to go shoot fireworks at people in London. I wish he could have been involved in FMW, he'd probably have somehow made exploding cage deathmatches even weirder.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Even though I've always liked or even loved him, I would not have said this two years ago or even a year ago, but now I will, loud and proud: My favorite pro wrestler is Chris Jericho. He is talented as a wrestler for sure and has been able to perform at a high level from his early days to dadbod Jericho, but his greatest strengths to me are 1) an innate understanding of how to play the pro wrestling game and attract heat as well as 2) his willingness and ability to come up with new poo poo and to change his character and adapt to whatever storyline or promotion he is currently in, all the while being, well, Chris Jericho. And he can do it even within the confines of a single storyline or feud too, creating a logical story arc for whichever Jericho he's currently playing. See for instance the AJ Styles and Owens storylines, or, of course, this current NJPW run, the latter of which is proving to be the ultimate testament to his talent.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Beau James

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i've given it some thought, and the wrestler who i would consider my favorite is chris jericho.

he is my top combo of being an excellent, realistic promo, being an athletic guy who can really work, keeping his character fresh, and he was always a guy that i was cheering for, face or heel, i just loved jericho. if he wore pants throughout his entire career, i'd say he'd batted 1.000 but nobody's perfect.

and the fact that he's still having amazing matches, and taking the character of "chris jericho" to a very different place, after all this time as a fan, it's very rewarding. it's just crazy to think that a guy i watched as a kid, who debuted in wwf at roughly the same time i started watching, is still doing it 20 years later. not only that he's doing it very, very well. against wrestlers who are some of my new modern favorites, as their peer, and it's still great. i'm just glad that the old man version of the guy i liked as a kid is still delivering.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Although I believe Jumbo Tsuruta (my avatar) was the best, my FAVORITE is/was Genichiro Tenryu. He had an absurdly long peak, was incredibly consistent, was capable of dragging/beating good matches out of lesser opponents, had good matches against opponents with a wide variety of styles, brought the goods on big shows and small shows alike, and he did it all while rocking a dad (and later grandpa) bod.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Actual non joke answer is vader or arn anderson

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i changed my mind it's chris jericho too now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Counter point to Chris Jericho

That hideous sleeve

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Part of me wants to say Bret Hart or Kenny Omega but I look at who I've enjoyed the most watching and it has to be Okada.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My favourite wrestler is Hiromu Takahashi, OP

I love his matches. I love how weird he is. I love the press conference where he complained about how the heavyweight match gets the video with the champions and the Ba Ba Baaaa music, and the juniors don’t.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Abraham Lincoln. He could throw people really far.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's Daniel Bryan, but that's a really boring answer, so instead I'll note that when I first started watching wrestling in 1998 my favorite performer was motherfucking D'Lo Brown and I still like my alternate mental reality where he was a main eventer.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

don't you nerds dare leave me hanging on this Johnny Blast thing

he came to this forum after we endlessly mocked NWA Mountain State like the cornball mud-show that it was, and he was super nice, super friendly, easily one of the best workers in his promotion, never asked for a dime, never took himself too seriously. he understood our hatred for the canadian lion. he understood how fuckin low-rent it was to be on a tv wrestling show taped in a bar where you can see people playing pool in the background. he understood why karl getting hit by a van was funny.

Johnny Blast may not be the best today. but he was cool and he was humble and he was a goon. there is no better goon wrestler than he.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Booker T. Apart from the spinaroony, the fact that he got the crowd to go nuts by just dropping to one knee staring at his hand really appealed to me. And all the pyro.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

My favorite wrestler has always been the Undertaker. I think its because I had a video tape as a kid that was just about Undertaker, and it made seem so cool. It was called "Undertaker: The Phenom".

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

right now? hiromu

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thauros posted:

right now? hiromu

thauros ifyou do that "all time/right now" poo poo im writing your name down and setting it aflame

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

don't you nerds dare leave me hanging on this Johnny Blast thing

he came to this forum after we endlessly mocked NWA Mountain State like the cornball mud-show that it was, and he was super nice, super friendly, easily one of the best workers in his promotion, never asked for a dime, never took himself too seriously. he understood our hatred for the canadian lion. he understood how fuckin low-rent it was to be on a tv wrestling show taped in a bar where you can see people playing pool in the background. he understood why karl getting hit by a van was funny.

Johnny Blast may not be the best today. but he was cool and he was humble and he was a goon. there is no better goon wrestler than he.
Can confirm as someone who saw him wrestle when I was 12 and worked with him when I was 24. He's a class act, and outstandingly nice guy

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Endless Mike posted:

Chris Jericho has been my one of my favorites since like 1996, and 22 years later is my hands-down favorite. That he continues to be a great performer after all that time is amazing to me.

While there were times that Benoit or D-Bry would've been at the top of my list, Jericho is most consistently the guy that just IS everything I love about pro wrestling. He's had several iterations, he's always reinventing himself, always doing something interesting, and he's got the work rate to back up the flash. Dude's old (in wrestler years) and still managed to put on a barn-burner at Dominion this month playing a character who is both a new angle for him while still feeling like it evolved organically from the Jericho we know from WWE.

When I think total package (:heysexy:) I think Chris Jericho.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OP why do people keep writing multiple wrestlers? Don't they know it's a sin?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Buddy of mine gave me a "if you had to start WWE with 10 WWE wrestlers, who would they be" question post-Mania, and I went with

Braun
Styles
DBry
Gargano
Almas
Miz
Charlotte
Asuka
Becky
Alexa

But apart from that crew, my GOAT is the guy who wears it on his too-small trunks, Y2J baby.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If you only had 10 wrestlers why on earth would you hamstring yourself by splitting them between men’s and women’s divisions?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

If you only had 10 wrestlers why on earth would you hamstring yourself by splitting them between men’s and women’s divisions?

Because I want both? Conducting the variety show in my mind, here.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

D.N. Nation posted:

Buddy of mine gave me a "if you had to start WWE with 10 WWE wrestlers, who would they be" question post-Mania, and I went with

Was the buddy a goon, because I remember that thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
10 Miz clones and also some of those clones are Femizes.

• Locked thread