Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I got into wrestling not long after the nWo became a thing.
By the end of 1996, I realized that the only wrestler that was entertaining every drat time he stepped into the spotlight, was Chris Jericho.

He could carry a feud with anyone, even if the other party wasn't involved. The man of 1004 holds with Malenko, "Jericho goes to Washington", the Goldberg taunting...so many times he just made things work with little else than his creativity and charisma.
He could win or lose convincingly. His style worked well with both large and small opponents, and he could adjust it to suit the match. I can't recall a squash match he's ever been involved in.
He was consistently entertaining in the ring, and not many other WCW wrestlers were.

His WWF debut was legendary, it's a pity he was underutilized afterwards, but he made the most of his time in the midcard by elevating the performances of other people. I would argue that neither Chyna nor Chris Benoit would have had the careers they did if not for the ability of Jericho (and Eddie Guerrero) to sell them as he did.
When he had the opportunity to work with someone who was actually good on the mic, he could play to their strengths like no one else. It wasn't just a war of catch phrases and "I'm better than you" promos. There was depth of character that few other wrestlers have shown. Cup of Pee anyone?

20+ years later, I still think he is still the one guy who could make any booking work, any day of the week. He is the complete wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread