Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’d like to try this but I’ve never played in one before and my only experience with Mafia is playing Throne of Lies.

I’m in unless you don’t want a total new player gumming up the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No need to worry about being competent when you get yolo bombed n1 by a scum alchemist.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I have no idea what any of this means

Same.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##enter shop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don't think we've all paid our respects to Emmeryn. RIP noble plot device.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I did not get Marth, Roy, or Ike and I don’t even know if they are official Fire Emblem characters. I played Final Fantasy Tactics once, though so I’m sure I’ll be fine.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have read every post and I understand about 40% of them.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The 40% were the one liner joke posts.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, make that 45%.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have a FYAD sword hanging over my head again so I do apologize if I get probed anytime between now and forever but I want everyone to know that myself and mr. humalong are mod confirmed masons.

i agree with this post and would like to add that you should stop posting in FYAD

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

don't threaten me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Juanito posted:

wow. this post

and with that pithy remark, I conclude my 10 posts for day 1, i wish you all a good day

same

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That would be because I’m completely new and don’t want to gently caress myself over on day 1 of all things.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I’m working a 16 hour shift in a literal jail right now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

oh look im a mafia super star so take my hot tip on playing town (if you are), don't stress about posting.

:justpost:

Thank you senpai!

Isn’t everyone town until they flip :V

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anidav posted:

Gaspy sleeper account spotted.

Oi bonjour I an new to this mafiaso, please spare me for I am someone you have never met before honhonhonhon.

Weren’t you the guy everyone accused of being Gaspy in the last game?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

cant wait to have have a confirmed town mason so we can all rally behind the efforts of expert scumhunter...um,.....'dick bastardly' as scum assassinates all the power roles

I take this as a threat upon my life

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll roll with it, oh god if I’m the hammer and I kill another town I’m gonna feel real bad

##vote IcePhoenix

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

cool hand wringing

I thought that was the entire point of day 1? It’s all I’ve seen from everyone in the thread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

its the feel real bad bit, it just comes off insincere.

Yeah I debated on it, but I genuinely would feel bad killing a town on day 1 because day 1 kills it seems to me will never be in favor of town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

yeah i was looking at this too for pretty similar reasons, i didn't know how many people prompted him or how many times though and didn't have the time to go back through the thread to see though, so i've kinda left it there.

He was asked directly at least twice for his thoughts.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

To be more precise, I debated on adding the “feel real bad” part.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Since you is a new player Sal will tell you that hedging yours vote like this is very scummy yes? It ams better to just vote your concious and not worries about it.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Hedging raises suspicions.

It’s a learning process!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

On Nat20:

Still think he's scum. As scum/sk I have also claimed a kill as a vig on D2. It's true it is great cover. Look at all the people that now believe him. I would ease off if he was the only claimed vig. But we have Gulag who flipped with a vig charge, Tithin who vigged someone and also Nat20?

No. We don't. Nat20 is scum.

I like this line of thinking but it is role madness so it’s not completely out of the question for Nat to be town. Granted, my experience has been town that vig town usually get punished for it in some way but obviously that doesn’t have to be the case in this game.

Mostly thinking out loud here.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not Anidav he seems afraid to enter.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##Enter Shop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AA claims to have copped Crazyeyes, not Juanito.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I was wrong about eyes. They are one of those tone masking experts. Plays the same scum or town, so...

:shrug:

I don't know. Need to reread the push for lynch. Admittedly spent time developing a tunnel

quote:

Eyes was my case yesterday. I did the hw in the night. Read my post before voting, plsthxbai

Page 17

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I must have skipped over it or something because I swear to God I looked.

Don't worry I missed it the first time I read through, too. Only caught it when I went back to check something. I'm also in agreement with a few people in the thread on KB, he's been pinging for me since day 1.

##vote KB

I will attempt to use cop tonight, I might die.

All you can do is try your best! (This is me using character flavor)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Juanito posted:

Also why am I getting modkilled?

Mod is town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

Because I'm not sold on voting you either nor Nat 20, but the only other gut feels I have E are are either low content posters (as opposed to lurkers) or claiming roles that haven't been countered.

You might as well post them, we're nearing the end of the day.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm a robot, and have no sense of humor.

Ok that confirms the cop claim.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The sudden tempo change in KB posting as soon as the heat turned up is what pinged the most for me. Now on top of that is a bus driver claim? :raise:

Juanito appearing out of nowhere once attention is placed on him is also interesting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Juanito posted:

I posted before attention was placed on me. I saw it was the deadline soon, there was a bunch of posts

AA posted you could be a sub option, Beet posted that your role is unclear in that list, then you popped in to defend bus driver claim, then more direct attention was placed on you and your posting dramatically increased. Could be a case of the day ending, could be a tell.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tithin posted:

who the gently caress is mr humalong and why do i have no loving memory of a single one of their posts.

wow that hurts I've been doing a little legwork today and everything

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

Honestly though most times i skim over and tend to miss players without avatars. You're all very easy to miss.

I've never had an avatar :\

I'll take any suggestions for one, though

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Juanito posted:

you're just mad I didn't go in your death shop

This is the real scum tell

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rookie cops say the darnedest things, it's adorable.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So Nat20 killed Juanito and scum killed DB going by flavor text.

I hope AA didn’t waste a cop on Juanito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah.

I thought after Bif was right about KB she was onto something with Juanito.

That’s fair, I suspected him as well.

• Locked thread