Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WWE Raw, also known as Monday Night Raw or simply Raw, is a professional wrestling television program that currently airs live on Monday evenings at 8 pm EST on the USA Network in the United States. The show's name is also used to refer to the Raw brand, in which WWE employees are assigned to work and perform on that program; the other programs and brands currently being SmackDown and NXT. The show debuted on January 11, 1993 and has since been considered as the flagship program of WWE.

Raw moved from the USA Network to TNN in September 2000,[3] which was rebranded to Spike TV in August 2003. On October 3, 2005, Raw returned to the USA Network, where it remains today. As of December 9, 2016, all episodes of the show, older than 30 days, are now available on demand on the WWE Network.

Since its first episode, Raw has broadcast live from 208 different arenas in 171 cities and towns in eleven different nations (the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Afghanistan in 2005, Iraq in 2006 and 2007, South Africa, Germany, Japan, Italy, and Mexico).

Following the 1000th episode on July 23, 2012, Raw became a three-hour broadcast from two hours, a format that had previously been reserved for special episodes.

Last stop for the red brand before a big pay-per-view (PPV) in Chicago this weekend? North Little Rock, Arkansas, of course!

The Headliner(s)
In a move that’s not at all unexpected if you’ve watched wrestling before, WWE will send us into Money in the Bank by giving us multi-person matches featuring the men and women who will compete in the event’s signature ladder matches on Sun., June 17.

And seeing Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens and Bobby Roode, and Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Ember Moon and (if “injury” allows) Natalya duke it out in Fatal 4Ways should be fun! It will also give us some fodder for discussion about which of the competitors The ‘E wants us to take seriously, or who the bookers think needs a little extra boost heading into the briefcase battles.

But does it matter? Even more than in the usual sense that none of this matters since the writers can control Raw and SmackDown’s scripted ‘reality’ however they want. Or the larger sense that what happens on a TV show about wrestlers doesn’t really affect our lives. As long as this brand’s top men’s title, the Universal Championship is held by Brock Lesnar, and the Women’s Title seems pretty likely to pass from Nia Jax to new UFC Hall of Famer Ronda Rousey in Allstate Arena in a few days - will we see either of their reigns end via cash-in?

The frequency with which Lesnar is around to be cashed in on is an oft-remarked upon issue, but the same jokes may soon be applied to Ronda. Not because she won’t be around. WWE’s promotion of Rousey as a full-time talent might be stretching the definition a bit, but she’s a regular presence on Raw. She’s not someone they have a vested interest in making look weak any time soon.

A briefcase cash-in, or a screwjob during her match with Jax this weekend - the seeds for which could be planted during their “face-to-face” on this episode of Raw - could be a way to protect Rowdy in a losing effort. But it would probably be more surprising if they had her take a defeat before WrestleMania 35 than if they didn’t.

Brock could be dropping his title as soon as August, and its not like he hasn’t lost a belt via cash-in before. Still, if WWE hopes to get any mileage out of briefcase drama between now and SummerSlam, having Strowman, Bálor, Owens or (ha!) Roode (sorry) win the contract probably won’t accomplish that.

We’ll see. Until this weekend, enjoy some Fatal 4Ways that surely won’t end in chaos!

The title scene
We didn’t need to wait for the ‘go home’ to see Elias stand tall over his opponent at the PPV. The Drifter’s gotten the better of Intercontinental Champ Seth Rollins at almost every turn, including last week when he and Jinder Mahal got the better of The Kingslayer - despite a mini-Shield reunion with Roman Reigns. The intrigue from this one comes largely from rumors of Seth as a possible choice to take out Brock in Brooklyn in a few months. Might he drop his strap on Sunday to clear his plate? And would another big night for Elias in Arkansas mean the title is more or less likely to change hands Sunday?

Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt finally got challengers for their Tag Team Titles when The B-Team won a battle royal last week. Should we take Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel seriously as threats to defeat Deleters of Worlds? Or are they just keeping the champs busy until Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler are primed for a push?

Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- Speaking of “The Show”, after Dolph was forced out of contention by Tyler Breeze last week, it looks like Ziggler and McIntyre might be the Fashion Police’s next case. In case you were wondering how they might stay busy waiting for a championship opportunity to open up.

- As we covered/questioned over the weekend, Reigns and Mahal will go one-on-one on television six days before they go one-on-one on PPV. And then probably go one-on-one again on television the next night.

- One of last year’s Money in the Bank briefcase winners has a new title, courtesy of commissioner Stephanie McMahon. Constable Baron Corbin is in town to do more than ensure Curt Hawkins losing streak continues... he’s also hear to make General Manager Kurt Angle’s life miserable. Will he be able to fix Raw’s officiating issues?

- The Sami Zayn/Bobby Lashley feud will continue until morale improves.

It’s the Money in the Bank ‘go home’ show!

What will you be looking for on Raw tonight?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I'm probably going to rewatch Okada v Omega with the Japanese commentary on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha, the one time I don't check to see if anybody actually bothered to make a Raw thread because nobody ever does :doh:

bartok
May 10, 2006

Can't wait for the Sony Press Conference. Doubt they're announcing anything mind shattering but it beats watching the go home show for MitB. Plus I like watching the Giant Bomb guys talk over the press conferences.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm not expecting it but I would really like to see gameplay from Death Stranding

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

WWE is bad

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope to see some cyberpunk 2077

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Gonna take the same approach to e3 and RAW and just wait until it's over then catch up on the few interesting bits on youtube.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

no effort wreslteposting: my cucumber plants have flowers :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

i hope to see some cyberpunk 2077

:hai:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The only thing I wanted out of E3 was more DOOM so anything else I like is just a bonus

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
raw

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
ladders

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
what a srtupid cold open

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MotU posted:

what a srtupid cold open

the best part is they turned the cameras on just in time to show ember very slowly climb her ladder like she was afraid of falling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

what a srtupid cold open

Like 2 weeks ago Samoa Joe just stormed to the ring and climbed the ladder and it was so cool. Now we get... this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He looks much better like that

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm not getting sound because of a weather alert. Do these goobers have a good reason to do promos on top of ladders?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
oh my god baron :laffo:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RIP Corbin's hair

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
HE FINALLY SHAVED!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
oh my god

he's somehow got more hair

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

loving finally lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I like Baron Corbin much more now

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
oh my god

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Codependent Poster posted:

RIP Corbin's hair

It was a mercy killing.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I assumed he would have to look better shaved but he still looks stupid

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not watching but I just want you all to know I love you all and I hope you enjoy the show. :)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Corbin finally shaved his head, good for him.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I'm so pissed. I love making fun of bald Corbin :sad:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

fart blood posted:

I’m not watching but I just want you all to know I love you all and I hope you enjoy the show. :)

trurn it on right now to see this at least

bartok
May 10, 2006

Baron gave up the skullet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh thank God Corbin shaved his head.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
The Council of Ladders

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
i hope corbin grows it back he could have been the next hogan

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
at least save it for a hair v hair match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"My..... shoulder?"

fart blood posted:

:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Oh thank God Corbin shaved his head.

I actually just came here to ask when Corbin shaved his head because it looks much much better on him.

• Locked thread