Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dont think we're getting Gandalf anytime soon in Multiversus

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1560118260443492354

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

KungFu Grip posted:

Dont think we're getting Gandalf anytime soon in Multiversus

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1560118260443492354

If this were a couple of years ago I'd say Warner should strike a deal with Embracer that ends up getting not only Gandalf and Legolas but a guest character to advertise Embracer's portfolio. That character of course being Johnny Gat from the old Saints Row games.

But unfortunately Johnny is...not in the reboot it looks like so it just wouldn't make sense for today.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I saw somewhere that a tower in Trophy’s Edge that looked like Sauron’s Tower was changed with the Season 1 patch to look different, which may be a hint that LotR ain’t panning out.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Pants Donkey posted:

I saw somewhere that a tower in Trophy’s Edge that looked like Sauron’s Tower was changed with the Season 1 patch to look different, which may be a hint that LotR ain’t panning out.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think mmr is fixed, all my matches tonight were against people equally sweaty and obsessed as me and my friends.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://twitter.com/AisulMV/status/1559967066559586304

yeah stripe does indeed just have a loving gun

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

God bless

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Gremlins, Stripe is like an evil version of the main Gremlin right, it’s not a Zelda/sheik situation?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Give Gandalf a gun and call him Gundalf

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

fadam posted:

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Gremlins, Stripe is like an evil version of the main Gremlin right, it’s not a Zelda/sheik situation?

I think it's still not clear. It wouldn't make a ton of sense since Stripe is a separate character from Gizmo.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stripe is Gizmo’s son, and he was the de facto leader of the gremlins in the first movie. Gizmo killed him in the climax.

There’s reason to believe Stripe and Gizmo are one character, as Stripe’s file number is XXXA and Gizmo is XXXB. Dunno if it’ll be a Tom & Jerry thing or what.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gremlins is an insanely good and funny movie btw, strongly recommended if you haven't seen it, zero irony needed. The second one takes it in a Looney Tunes direction and is hilarious as a parody of unnecessary sequels, but the first is seriously a classic.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s in my yearly Christmas movie rotation

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Pants Donkey posted:

Stripe is Gizmo’s son, and he was the de facto leader of the gremlins in the first movie. Gizmo killed him in the climax.

There’s reason to believe Stripe and Gizmo are one character, as Stripe’s file number is XXXA and Gizmo is XXXB. Dunno if it’ll be a Tom & Jerry thing or what.

In one of the earlier scripts Stripe was Gizmo, but they decided people would like Gizmo too much.

That said i doubt they would build the character to reference a version of the movie that wasn't made

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Graha Tia incoming

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fadam posted:

When Mogwai (the cute guys like Gizmo) get wet they multiply in the form of these fur balls that come off of their body and sort of hatch into an egg. If you feed a Mogwai after midnight, it permanently transforms into a Gremlin -- Spike was spawned from Gizmo then transformed. So if there was a transformation mechanic it would really just make sense if it were one-way.

Also watch Gremlins dude. Holds up great, it's awesome

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Maybe you start off as Gizmo on the first stock and turn into Stripe on the second

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Stripe starts as a mogwli and as soon as he gets a kill (an opponent feeds him) he turns into a gremlin.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

goferchan posted:

When Mogwai (the cute guys like Gizmo) get wet they multiply in the form of these fur balls that come off of their body and sort of hatch into an egg. If you feed a Mogwai after midnight, it permanently transforms into a Gremlin -- Spike was spawned from Gizmo then transformed. So if there was a transformation mechanic it would really just make sense if it were one-way.

I will! It’s been at least like, 20 years lol. It’s cool that it had such a following still.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the virgin Smash Bros unable to give Solid Snake a gun vs. the chad Multiversus that flat out gives a Gremlin a snub-nosed revolver to shoot Batman.

I've heard things that Gizmo is somehow a dual character with Stripe but idk how that would work given he does not turn into a Gremlin. Maybe you start as Gizmo, he has a "water wet" status, and then he spawns Stripe to play as for the rest of a round

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

the virgin Smash Bros unable to give Solid Snake a gun vs. the chad Multiversus that flat out gives a Gremlin a snub-nosed revolver to shoot Batman.

I've heard things that Gizmo is somehow a dual character with Stripe but idk how that would work given he does not turn into a Gremlin. Maybe you start as Gizmo, he has a "water wet" status, and then he spawns Stripe to play as for the rest of a round

How are variants treated in the game code? Like, is Cake considered a different "character" than Jake, despite them just being skins with unique voice lines?

I was thinking we'd see Gizmo being a variant of Stripe, but if they're giving Stripe a gun as a special move then I don't think that's how they'll play it, since Gizmo never used one. (And I don't think variants go so far as to change moves, like we wouldn't see the Gizmo "skin" replace the gun with a bow-and-arrow made out of office supplies.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Give Gandalf a gun and call him Gundalf

Combine him with Legolas and call him Gundelf.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna bet Gizmo is just there for the round beginning countdown and the transformation is cosmetic only

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

goferchan posted:

Start with the sequel, it really advanced the franchise

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Was electricity gremlin in the same movie as Stripe? I hope you can summon him as a powerful cooldown.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Reiley posted:

Was electricity gremlin in the same movie as Stripe? I hope you can summon him as a powerful cooldown.

That one was in Gremlins 2; pretty much all of the weird variation Gremlins are from the sequel.

Speaking of, I hope Mohawk ends up being a variant costume at some point. I always liked his design.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Class3KillStorm posted:

That one was in Gremlins 2; pretty much all of the weird variation Gremlins are from the sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I've never seen a Gremlins, and I can't tell if this is making fun of Gremlins 2 or is on board with it, but nothing has made me more interested than this skit

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gremlins 2 leans waaaay more onto the comedy side of things, to the point where some would says it isn’t even a horror movie like the first.

So if a Gremlin singing Sinatra sounds like a good time, then give it a watch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The actual reason Gremlins 2 is so batshit insane is funnier than the Key & Peele skit - Joe Dante refused to come back for a sequel unless he was given total creative control. WB was so desperate for a Gremlins sequel (none of the spec scripts they were getting were remotely good) that they gave in. So Dante decided to do the thing he could never get a greenlight to do - make a Looney Tunes movie and call it Gremlins 2.

That's how we get Christopher Lee playing Mad Scientist Dracula and a gremlin drinking a potion that makes him so smart he starts hosting a talk show

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ironic, given that he would go on to direct Looney Tunes Back in Action like a decade later.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol I'd never seen this, that's great. And yeah it's a 100% accurate representation of the movie

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
This F2P rotation has been fantastic. The only character I didn't really gel with was LeBron James. Batman felt like he had great normals and solid all-round toolkit. Arya is an aerial juggle machine who is just so much fun zipping around the level following her dagger or her teammate, and Steven's toolkit is so fun to use I genuinely forget about his teammate bubble on his neutral dodge because I'm grinding on heads with his shield or slamming them up and out of the level. So much of this cast feels so good to play it's remarkable.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

LeBron is fun if you can use the ball a lot but he seems really weak against certain blocking characters.

In y.very limited experience

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

He feels a lot better in 2v2 imo. I feel like he has the same problem a lot of characters have where if you don’t fish for a spike, it’s hard to get a kill at ~100%.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Lebron's really fun to play but it feels like he gets beat out by hitboxes/priority stuff a lot. Really hoping the update sorts some of that out

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I will say that regardless of his power level, everything else about him is top notch. The court sounds on all his moves, his hurt animation, the idea of being able to shoot a three pointer to ring someone out- so sick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Harley was the best and worst feeling, she feels good out of the box but the grind to get her invincible side B move suuucked

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

fadam posted:

I will say that regardless of his power level, everything else about him is top notch. The court sounds on all his moves, his hurt animation, the idea of being able to shoot a three pointer to ring someone out- so sick.

The squeaky shoe sound effect is my absolute favorite little detail they gave him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

The no-look pass is absolutely goated