Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It doesn't even matter if Smash is a port, semi-port or entirely new game.

It's still the greatest show on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Not a Children posted:

lmao the claw from the arcade is an assist trophy

When games designed to steal your money break into "Actual Games" and you ain't prepared for this.

https://twitter.com/SonicDahMario/status/1006594442328002561

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Pauline can't be a fighter because then who would sing in the background of New Donk City?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Momomo posted:

Alfonzo.

He and Tetra are gonna bring the house down.

Going for that deep "Tetra's Trackers" reference.

Or maybe she'll be playable one day. We have like three Links now compared to...two Zelda?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

Has Knuckles appeared on the stream at all as an assist trophy? He shows up for a second in the fighter video for Sonic, but it's not clear. I REALLY REALLY hope he's an echo character and not an assist trophy, that would be dope as hell. All of Sonic's movesets work perfectly fine with Knuckles too, lots of punching and kicking (just make him move slower). The only thing that would be different I think would be his final smash, cause super knuckles isn't really ever depicted as flying around in the games like Super Sonic does. Althought I guess there also hasn't really been a super knuckles since the old games + mania

What about Shadow?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm interested in the DLC because I think this is like the one game in development without any sort of DLC plans or costumes announced and that just makes me more curious about the DLC.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Snake in Smash Bros. suffers from genetic memory leakage. Sometimes the mannerisms and memories of his father will leak into his consciousness and he'll suddenly gain a craving for fresh (Yoshi) meat.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Your Computer posted:

also I browsed the internet today (bad idea) and found out there were people super disappointed in Smashu because of all the returning characters. How can you be disappointed in a 66 character roster, people? :(

Someone will probably bring up MVC2 as a reason giant rosters can be bad at least once before release.

Anyone know which/any characters from that game that just were flat out not retooled/worked on at all but were still put in the game anyway to make that mega monster roster?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Yo did someone like make a thousand fake YouTube accounts just to down-vote the Zero Suit Samus video?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Anyone know an original song or two composed entirely in Mario Paint Sakurai can use for a Mario Paint stage? Like no covers or anything but original stuff.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Jun Senoue finally gets to do another remix for Smash.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

b_d posted:

put g-d in smash bros

No way.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Star Wolf was really just a BDSM gang that occasionally did crimes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We got a Snake Eater remix.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Sakurai reserves alternate outfits for very special occasions.

So obviously one of those privileged few will be Lucina wearing her Easter Bunny Outfit.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ridley actually wrote and directed a movie last year.

It was Alien: Covenant that's why the humans acted so dumb he feels like all humans behave that way when they visit a new planet for the first time.

Space Pirates don't make those mistakes they're smart boys.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I forgot there was a Gen 7 Pokemon that could already make generous use of Bayonetta's moveset with a little finagling

.https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1020065401890168832

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kelp Plankton posted:

put tommy oliver in smash

Sorry only one Power Ranger actor can get in and it's gonna be Johnny Yong Bosch voicing...I dunno you pick.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Big Taranza Fan

Dev team read this wrong and spent the last year or two making Tarzan a fighter.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Suspicious Cook posted:

The amount of people asking for another Playstation All-Stars in the comments is blowing my mind. Just play Smash instead because it's actually good? :confused:

Sakurai can produce many miracles but not even he can get permission to make a stage where you fight on along the backside of Colossus 13 in Smash.

Then again, neither could Super Bot.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Saladin Rising posted:

You can even make a Playstation All-Stars match in Smash Ultimate featuring Snake, Cloud, Sonic, Ryu, Pac-Man, and/or Bayonetta. Mega Man too if you're including the X series.

Man, that's a hell of a 3rd party lineup for what was originally a Nintendo crossover game.

Gimmie da Mega Man 8 stage set to a remix of this track.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Whadda you got for us this week Sakurai?

"I got the guy from SEGA who did the Daytona music to do an F-Zero remix."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I know people hated the Electroplankton stage but I loved the fact that it was there in the first place. A game that for all intents and purposes was a footnote in gaming history "Art" game and it gets a stage ahead of [your favorite area from insert franchise here] because Sakurai said so.

Gimmie a Cubivore stage or a Doshin the Giant stage.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Sakurai please let Namco put in a stage from their library that's not related to Pac-Man in the game.

You could even use the setting from that one bizarre defunct visual novel/dating sim they commissioned some years back. Nothing bad could happen from doing that.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lupus Rufus posted:

I suspect you just want the Homestuck in Smash 5.

It's cool, me too.

I just want more tracks in Smash using the Mario Paint sound-front by any means necessary.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

RareAcumen posted:

I can't believe they're putting Jason Voorhees in Smash Ultimate.

That's just Rick.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Rodin is in Delfino Plaza to find The Racist Toad and pass judgement on him.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kurtofan posted:

i'm so bored i've been looking at the latest rumors

rumors are that simon belmont and isabelle will be in

and the 7th gen pokemon won't be decidueye

discuss, or not

It's hard to remember that there as actually a time before Isabelle and "Player Character" was the most agreed upon choice to represent the series in Smash. Then New Leaf came out and everyone wanted to change their answer to her.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Bayo massively nerfed in Ultimate, but all her power was transferred to new Echo Fighter Jeanne.

Same with Meta Knight and new Echo Fighter Morpho Knight.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Remember the time Geoff hosted the Game Awards at his house the last year they were an official Spike TV production and Reggie couldn't give him a Smash Bros. fighter announcement because they were already having a December Direct like a week later where they'd announce Rosalina?

But he did bring Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze as a consolation prize.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If Ashley gets confirmed on Wednesday please refer to her as the Weed Witch from now on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

EorayMel posted:

Last night I had a dream where I had Smash Ultimate and one of the items was a custard pie. You'd throw it and it sticks to the other player's face and briefly reverses their controls.

Johnathan Morris cream-pied Dracula, now he's ready to do the same to everyone else in Smash.

Charlotte can come too.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kurtofan posted:

Im on edge

Some people aren't even sure if they want their most requested to be confirmed anymore. What if they become an rear end in a top hat like two-thirds of the Daisy fans did after she got confirmed? "gently caress you got mine" syndrome is a real thing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Brother Entropy posted:

Charlotte and Jonathon (Ice Climbers Echo)

I can't believe I was right about who was getting creampied tonight.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUMeU1tSdUY

Leaked footage of Sakurai discussing the leak with the people who were in charge of the official website.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man contemplates the concepts of immortality in a mortal world.

https://twitter.com/SOJ_SSB/status/1027215841782390784

https://twitter.com/SOJ_SSB/status/1027229215236734977

Who is to say Smash Bros. itself will even be remembered a hundred years from now?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Nikki fans are the most pure of the Assist Trophy Character Purgatory Club. I don't think I've seen a single one upset she showed up to help out. Like not even in a "I'm glad but also a bit disappointed" way they're just glad she's here at all.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Brother Entropy posted:

does will wright count?

I always wanted other characters who are developer inserts to join smash as assist trophies and the like but like, who else is there? Lord British? Ultima games were...kinda on the Famicom and SNES right?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

"Feed me my cod."

You heard the man, feed him his cod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mabels big day posted:

This is another big deal too. People are all too ready to just play Hazards Off but as soon as I mention that it might get rid of randall on yoshis island they realize the mistake theyre making

NO
CLOUDS
ALLOWED