Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ohhhh man I'm gonna irritate the poo poo out of people with these DeDeDe buffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah, the moving while tilting thing is wild, I feel like there must be a lot of depth there but I'm pretty bad at this game so I feel like a dog trying to figure out a doorknob.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

prayer group posted:

Dedede buffs feel great. Uair and Fair kill much more easily, uptilt is basically Mario upsmash now, and downtilt sends at a super low angle which makes it even better at ledge. Dedede's biggest weakness was every move launching super far but not killing, and having more reliable kill options really helps with that.

Yeah I just spent about an hour and a half absolutely deleting new min mins on quickplay. The buffs didn't change anything fundamental, but they sure made it easier to mess people up all around.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Concurred posted:

after a day of playing against min min i would give anything to never have to deal with her again

Attacking from air really does help. Pretend you're trying to get in against a Samus player, I suppose? Once she's offstage she's really vulnerable too.

I know, easier said and such, but I haven't found her to be the chore that a Little Mac player is

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Oh my God

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sudden Javelin posted:

Hes from Chile

Man, I thought we were done with disasters involving Chilean minors

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

multijoe posted:

Fun middleweight characters you can play with low AMP and shot mid-30s reflexes:

Zelda
Link
Samus
Ike
Robin
Hero
Byleth
Wolf
Simon/Richter

Confirm that I absolutely love playing as Samus as a 34 year old, although I gotta say my slow process of improving with Pikachu is helping all my characters too.

I also really love playing as DeDeDe, he's so big and slow that he'll absolutely get juggled to death by a competent space animal but his Gordo/ledge trap game is so fun and infuriating that I get more rage quits with him than anyone else.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

multijoe posted:

My Samus is perpetually on the cusp of Elite Smash, but then I fight someone who had actually studied and practiced Smash as a competitive game and does all that clever spacing poo poo and true combos with a meta character and I get put back in my place. Don't really mind though, it's kinda satisfying knowing I've climbed as high as I have just from playing casually throughout the years without ever having to watch a 40 minute video on how to play my character correctly or grind out inputs in training mode for hours

I'm a Samus main too, and as I said my improvement at spacing hasn't been from watching videos or hammering practice mode but rather from getting out of my comfort zone and playing rushdown characters. Like, you *have* to space well to do anything as Pikachu, and that in turn has helped me space as Samus too. The true combos just come from experience. Anything I've gotten from a video (beyond the basics like not keeping full charge shot charge) has been a little situational tip that I can pull out from time to time.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sigher posted:

Interesting, does this also apply for Dark Samus? What's more beneficial, having the faster shot at near full charge or the added damage/knockback from a full charge or do players just run both depending on the circumstances?

I always keep charge around 90% in those situations, but then I typically use charge shot as a big time combo move, not as a finisher. My kills tend to be with tilts, dsmash, bair, or fair off the edge.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder how Dedede fairs against her.

I expect the answer to be terrible because he moves around like a fat sack of poo poo and can't dodge anything, but I love playing him a lot :smith:

I play a lot of DeDeDe and logged on the day or two after min min dropped. She was still so new so I'm sure people will figure her out better, so take this with a big grain of salt, but I was loving deleting every min min I came across. High bouncing gordos plus some tricky aerial approaches and they had no answer. To say nothing of what happens when you get her off stage. :rip:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

scary ghost dog posted:

quickplay is an absolute misery

What, you *don't* like playing 4:00 2 stock on a morphing stage against a Cloud on a 56k modem in Moldova? Philistine.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Huh! My Samus is suddenly in Elite Smash too. If 7.3ish is all it takes I guess Dark Samus and DeDeDe aren't far behind.

Netplay worked well last night, just one laggy fight and that was at low gsp. More matches with my preferred ruleset too, although that may be just small sample size.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I haven't been forced into any 4 player games which is good, I hate it when I'm stuck into some ruleset that wastes my time. I still wish for some kind of "hard pass" function to make clear that I'd rather wait than play something like that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Quickplay Shulk: picks Saffron City 64 as his stage of choice

My Ancient Smash 64-Playing rear end:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Reiley posted:

Bayo is good when she gets you but the hard thing about her is she has a really hard time approaching. Stay away from her and wait for her to try and heel slide to approach and start comboing you, and shield that and then do your thing. Don't jump directly into her.

I feel so sad for Bayos in Ultimate. They can look so intimidating and skillful but they just can't kill. I feel like they always come out strong and then I just ruin their day.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Nerf every character. Bring back brawl tripping. Make every match time out with three stocks each and 348% damage.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sol Badguy, complete with RCs

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sephiroth is fun as hell

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Macaluso posted:

The only move that is weird or me is this finger snap curse, cause it seems like you put yourself in a pretty vulnerable position to have to use it. It doesn't have particularly long range and since it doesn't make enemies flinch or anything I feel like I'm gonna have a hard time using it.

Feels like something you can use to harass someone in midair if you can work on landing it consistently. Sort of similar range as Samus' zair, with different results obviously.

It's going to take a while to tease out the implications but I bet Sephiroth could work out some really fun ledge traps.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Willo567 posted:

actually i'm nervous as gently caress it's gonna be one of the sword and shield starters

Oh yeah it'll be a sword starter

In that it will start with a sword

In Fire Emblem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Another anime sword with a counter

Called it!