Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
5 new chars = Popo, Nana, Popo and Nana, Zelda + Sheik (both in 1 char!), Samus + ZSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Theta Zero posted:

Seriously speaking, I'm at a loss at who the new five could be. We've already got all the big reps for each Nintendo franchise Smash 4. I feel like we've ran out.

And each Smash game since Brawl has started by announcing their left-field third party character, so odds are Smash 5 will likewise have an insane third-party pick. But who will it because? Because we've already got the big names like Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu... I can't think of any other huge third party characters they can add that'll be as huge and representative of gaming.

Other than, of course, Doom Guy. And since we've had both Doom on the SNES and on the Switch...

There's a reason noone requests nintendo chars anymore unless they're D-listers. The only B-list nintendo char that hasn't gotten in as a char is Toad. Every other prediction is crap like Sora, Goku, random space marine chars, other fighting game chars, and humble bundle indy game chars from games half the people who bought them havent installed yet.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sandbag isn't playable? Trash roster.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There have been entirely too many words here about this 66 character nonsense and half of them are mine, so I'm just going to say that the thing I think is most surprisingly interesting is the note that you'll start with only 8 characters and unlock the rest. Unlocking characters in the original smash brothers and melee was the coolest part when I had these games as a kid, and I expect that'll have a cool nostalgic feeling.

Glad its not just 1 or 2 chars unlockable. The amount of tourneys I've gone to without the unlockable dragon ball fighterz chars on half the setups pisses me off. If the whole roster is locked these nerds might do something besides training mode and ranked.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This game is so fast. We've come a long way since Brawl.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People are overcomplicating the echo thing. Echoes have ALL the same moves.

pichu has his own up smash (and pikachu got a new nair)

doc has his own down air and down b

Toon Link has no kicking air moves and link's new moves and current dash attack/fair dont match young link anymore

dark pit, lucina, and daisy have no new moves, the moves just have different effects.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DLC Inc posted:

Some of the new animation is also incredible. I'm honestly really impressed how much was improved just from the base assets they had from last time.

Has anyone confirmed if Cappy is an attack or just a feature thing that pops up with his eyes?

He's only in a taunt and he'll looking around during some moves

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wow little mac can forward B and not go into a deadfall. So when you get knocked off dont double jump, just forward B, double jump for positioning, then upB. Also yoshi's eggs bounce on the ground to give a lingering hitbox and mewtwo's confusion has so little ending lag you get a free combo after doing it. Also Nana can't grab EVER so noone will ever find an iceclimbers grab infinite.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If they do a smash demo it'll have like 6 characters, hard locked into 2 minute time matches on 1 level and you can only fight 1 cpu at lv1. No multiplayer.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Nodosaur posted:

Anyway my main hope for Smash U is a Sonic stage that isn’t some variation on Green Hill Zone.

Like maybe Death Egg Zone or Space Colony Ark.

That boring rear end Green Hill Zone stage will be in every smash game until we die.

Ometeotl posted:

I refuse to acknowledge their "Everyone from the past is back!" tagline until they confirm that there's a Ditto portrait for Tournament mode.

Where dat fighting polygon team at? Tabuu?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It is weird considering how they could've just given a Build your own Platform maps. We have a stage builder, it couldn't have been all that different.

I need an announcer to tell me to BOARD THE PLATFORMS or I wont do it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Theta Zero posted:

Smash 6 will be the Marvel VS Capcom Infinity of Smash, with fun features such as:

- A weird art style where everyone looks realistic

The sequel Brawl never got

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

It sometimes feels like Halo players don't want Halo to be a genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Misty is supposed to be a gym leader, why would she continually make such a silly mistake as that. I'm writing to Pokemon right now to get answers.

Ask what's inside the GS ball while you're at it. And don't take "ehhh maaaaaaaaybe Celebi possibly?" as an answer.