Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Where are people getting the five new characters statement

It's in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

okay, genuine predictions on the new 5 characters:

Inkling (obviously)
BOTW Link with distinct shiek slate/champion power moveset
Zeke (XB2)
Gen VII Ultra Beast pokemon (maybe Kartana?)
wildcard from a major third-party franchise maybe Crash Bandicoot or Doomguy

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ridley

Hit the Big Time!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

but seriously they're all here!

*every smash bros character from all time comes in for a HUGE PARTY!*

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

slev posted:

It is very weird to me that bowser has a son

Babies are delivered by Stork in the world of Mario, this is Canon

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

I agree, we should get "Punished" Venom Snake as an echo fighter with beefier normals cuz of his robot hand.

Venom Snake absolutely does not belong in SSB

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So, I've been maining Zelda for a couple of months now and I'm still dying on average about once a game from janky teleports, what exactly is the mechanism that makes her sometimes read a down-left as a down-right, an up-right as an up, etc? I'm fairly happy with my input precision but also I can't see what the issue may be other that me loving it up in some minute way ...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Motto posted:

It's an older Nintendo series than Pokemon

It's an older series than Pokemon but it's not a 'real' Nintendo series, I think is their point (it's second party)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

I think Pokémon is also a second party series?

Huh, good point

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Reiley posted:

Are you playing online? Timing on directional upb inputs can feel off if there's lag and the game read your stick position from a previous time while you're trying to visually react to what you're seeing right now. You're either moving your stick too much after inputting your direction and so getting the direction of your followup input at the time you actually teleport, or your controller is actually broken. If you haven't, try doing it in training mode offline a couple dozen times in a row and see what you get. The game isn't misreading inputs, the input you think you're giving it might be different from what you're actually telling it.

Thanks for the advice! I play offline multiplayer with friends so I've got no connection lag and the controller I'm using is always rotating, it must be something to do with my inputs, I'll run her through training mode for a while and see how it turns out.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

K. Rool should not be in Smash because he looks like he stepped out of a loving vore comic

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

If this song isn't on Moray Towers, I riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke05YELaAgA

and the music doesn't transition to the one minute left theme on last life!

On a related note this is the perfect opportunity to get the rest of FFVII's incredibly good battle themes on Midgar after the disappointing selection in Smash 4, if you can't play J-E-N-O-V-A, Jenova Absolute or One Winded Angel on Midgar is it truly the Ultimate version of SSB?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Avirosb posted:

I'd probably play it if it didn't look and sound like anime.

You're posting in the Smash Bros thread my friend

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bleck posted:

but imagine if they buff his side b to compensate...

Command grabs are now escapable :-(

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Morag is the only Blade user not dating their pokegirl so she's clearly the best pick by default

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Would I be right in saying Young Link looks more like GBC Link than OoT Link as well?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Over There posted:

Toon Link needs to be stabbing people in the head and Young Link need to be turning into Fierce Deity.

His dair is the head stab??

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

When Lucario goes above 100% the Ultra Instinct theme should play

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pac Land is the only bad moving stage and they should all be brought back. Especially Rainbow Ride.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

slev posted:

Which Pokemon has the flatest head

Bongo Bill posted:

Omega Poke Floats 2 would be the Avalugg float. It is the only pokemon that is flat enough.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Echoes are meant to have minor mechanical differences, a Ken clone of Ryu would actually be pretty faithful to how they function in Street Fighter

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Bloop posted:

There are differences in moves, that's what numbers means. Ken and Ryu are different colors but they also hit differently while having largely the same moveset. If they really wanted to be true to SF all they'd need to do is make a couple changes: Ryu's hurricane kick is a one hit attack and ken's can hit multiple times (lower knockback), Remove red fireball option from Ken and add flaming effect to dragon punch.

Tweak movement speed and weight.

Dead easy

And Lucina plays significantly differently just from not having the tipper mechanic. Small changes can go a long way!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dizz posted:

Is it hard to copy + paste?

Ultimate is built off of the bones of Smash 4 which saved a ton of development time, Sakurai's said if the game had been built from scratch the roster would probably be a third of the size. Plus getting all the third party licenses was probably a huge hassle in itself

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waluigi does not deserve to be in Smash :mad:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What would Waluigi's moves even be? He's never been in a game where he's not doing doing the exact same thing as everyone else

At least when Ridley got memed into the game they had like twenty years of boss fights to pull moves and animations from

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

TBH this was Luigi for 20 years and that didn't stop him one iota

Nah, Luigi's always been 'floatier and more difficult to handle Mario' which is pretty much exactly what his Smash moveset ended up being

IDONTPOST posted:

Various sports bullshit for B moves. Regular moves just the standard punches and kicks everyone else gets. He should be in the game he’s a cool guy and my friend

Yeah sounds like a real strong case for Waluigi, who is definitely not a meme :rolleyes:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Woke: Geno

Bespoke: Vivian

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

*Sakurai adds Waluigi, K.Rool and Pokefloats

Smash community: uhhh give us Wizpig you coward

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

"survivable" is a stretch

dude exploded in metroid, got rebuilt as a cyborg, exploded again, got rebuilt as a cyborg again but with more phazon, exploded again, he exploded in super metroid and also samus returns somehow, and then his clone showed up and exploded again in fusion and then he was a baby and then grew up and then exploded again

Yeah that sounds pretty survivable to me

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

creationist believer posted:

I hate to spoil things for y’all, but Wart doesn’t exist. Mario just dreamed he existed.

Raserys posted:

Has wart ever been in anything post Mario 2

Link's Awakening :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

John Lee posted:

I have news for you about Link's Awakening, too.

:thejoke:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Classic & modern Tomb Raider are both extremely fail franchises and shouldn't be allowed within 1000 yards of Smash

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

jivjov posted:

Weird; I had the exact opposite experience with that movie; I was getting drat tired of seeing the trailer in front of EVERYTHING

That'll be what happens when you watch every airing MCU & Star Wars film three times a week

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like switch parental controls dad bowser is evidence to the contrary

E: that better be a dlc costume or something

Bowser is a dad, to a child who was delivered to him via a magical stork

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Broodals do not breed, they emerged from filth like Tolkein's orcs

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Or how about it comes unlocked out the box so you can play your mains with your friends on release and don't have to faff around with single player gimmick modes to get a fully functional multiplayer

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I made it better

is good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Here's the complete UK invitational:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyiqOm93bg

Check the comments for the match timestamps.

Ice Climbers, welcome back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Getting super nasty backthrow KOs at 30% rules