Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Your Computer posted:

man these high res renders are really high resolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

From gameplay, it looks like it autoswaps on death as it did in Brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHp7Z9Z4PYo&t=122s

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

It also gives i-frames so that's a thing

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I only have like a surface level grasp of competitive Smash, but can I ask why Smash 4 has been referred to as a "defensive" game?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also, give us every single trophy to collect and then some.

Oh my god.

How much music is going to be in this game.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

The biggest tragedy is that Fire Emblem has the potential for a ton of characters with more unique looks and playstyles but they instead went for Blue Haired Sword Lord a bunch.

Axe/Lance ladies would be rad as heck.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

We may get Edelgard from Three Houses, that'd give us an axe lady. I definitely want something other than swords, but I understand that main lords get in and those tend to use swords. At least Robin brought in some magic.

My biggest dashed hope was Lucina getting in as a promoted Lord and using lances.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Raserys posted:

same except Chrom as an echo

Yeah but what if they include Hector as an Ike echo. His only property change would be a wider hitbox on his weapon!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Echo Chamber posted:

Super duper random OCD thing I noticed:

The press kit has super high-def renders of all the characters.

Except Falco.

Falco, Palutena, and Shulk for some reason.

Sucks, man

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Hellioning posted:

If Splatoon 2 can do the drawings, I can't see why Smash Ultimate couldn't.

If they could just include a menu prompt that was just "hey post some poo poo to this not-miiverse" like Splatoon 2 did for the stage that would be amazing actually.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Ridley being a gross space dragon is perfect because that's what he is

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

If you guys had to pick a character to be bottom tier who would you pick?

I would pick Dark Pit or as I call him Dork Pit

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Just lmao if you are so empty inside that you turn off Home Run Bats in Smash Bros

Hell yeah dude I played 64 with nothing but home-run bats and explodey items

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Anyway, post your favorite Fire Emblem character that'll NEVER get into Smash Ultimate

Heck yeah

I want a rad axe lady

Or a rad lance lady

Or Haar.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I could also see them subbing in different characters as applicable, as you unlock them. I think SS64's classic mode had Luigi join in when you unlocked him?

For example in the direct, one of Roy's stages has him facing Marth, Corrin, and... Corrin. I could see that just always being vs. 3 random FE reps that have been unlocked.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Chrom is cool because he introduces the idea that a single echo character can have moves originating from multiple characters. Why not, right? It'd just be copying and pasting an Up-B from Ike instead of Roy.

That said his Up-B does look fairly different from Ike's so who knows

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Banjo-Kazooie
Elma
Geno

Sakura (Ryu Echo)
Celica (Robin Echo)
Medusa (Palutena Echo)

DLC:
Pyra (+Mythra Echo)
Ribbon Girl (+Spring Man Skin)
Edelgard

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I wonder if echo characters will count as separate characters for the purposes of classic/adventure/all-star completion. Part of me kinda wants it streamlined but part me of also wants to fully suffer under the hubris of wanting as many dumb characters in this game as possible.

In the same vein I also hope all-star is a 70+ character gauntlet :getin:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I 100% see ARMS (spring man + ribbon girl skin/echo) and xenoblade 2 (hopefully just pyra and mythra, gently caress rex) as DLC, if Ultimate will have it.

Both games sold well but are probably too new for full inclusion in Ultimate beyond an item.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Let's take a moment to pay our respects to this guy because he is going to get loving murdered by Nintendo.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Mach Rider better be a loving rad rear end lady I swear to god, Sakurai

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Click Clock Wood for the music alone

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Holy poo poo this is elaborate

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Disappointed there was nothing about unlockable alt costumes or something. Also I'll miss the long gauntlet style All-Stars mode.

Piranha plant owns.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

On one hand I love Sakurai but on the other hand I hope they occasionally drop echo fighters as free DLC

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Bluff Buster posted:

Here's a video of everyone's alternate colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSuAY3qiQg

Everyone has exactly 8 colors, so unfortunately characters with an alternate suit got it at the loss of another color. Shulk's hair now matches the character his color's based on, and Robin's hair color isn't garbage.

Sucks that Wii Fit Trainer, Robin, and Corrin still only have 4 skins.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Well here's a thing

Clean version: https://twitter.com/Nirbion/status/1059106919137398784

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because this is a good idea to post and will surely promote good thread discussion:

Abadango early impressions

E: The higher and further to the left you are the better

Shocked to see Chrom that high considering how everyone's been dumping on his horrible recovery. I'm super curious if there is more to him or if they really just decided to make him have one of the worst recoveries in the game.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

If Nintendo was the force behind the DLC characters I would have sworn Spring Man and Ribbon Girl were shoo-ins

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

sharrrk posted:

they fight as a team

Is anything truly lost by dropping Rex though 🤔

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I've taken a cursory glance about the issue and basically, for competitive tournaments they've decided to blanket turn hazards off. This is because it presented a logistical menu navigating nightmare to adjust the toggle on a per stage basis. As a result, Fountain of Dreams with hazards off is a redundant Battlefield.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Theta Zero posted:

(I promise I'm not shirking out on this deal, my paycheck got delayed last month, I'll spot you over the weekend.)

Anyways, with the launch roster bet completed, it's now time for the

:burger:DLC ROSTER PREDICTIONS BET!!!:burger:

Simply quote this post and give a whopping 5 DLC fighter predictions for the upcoming 5 DLC fighters for Smash Ultimate, which should be concluded February 2020. The winners will get their choice of a $20 game/item/DLC on Steam or a $10 game/item/DLC on Steam and a wonderful animated avatar/title proclaiming your supreme psychic abilities!

I'll be closing entries to this bet when the date/content for the first DLC is announced, so no leak shenanigans or post-announcement calls! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted with regular updates, and will be keeping everyone's predictions in a top-secret, highly confidential .txt file on my desktop. For each character announcements, I'll keep track of and share each and every user's accurate predictions before a final tally at the end!

Just be sure to quote this post, give your five predictions, and you're in the betting pool!

Here are my 5 random stabs in the dark:

Fire Emblem Three Houses Character
Xenoblade 2 Character (Pyra/Mythra)
Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia
Dragon Quest Rep gently caress Square actually they're lame-os, changing to Ryu Hayabusa
Banjo & Kazooie

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 22, 2018

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

1) Because they might internally think including Rex will make them money

2) Rex’s base costume looks like dogshit and he gets a much better one near endgame so they gave him that instead

Hey man I liked Xenoblade 2 and all but let's be real both his costumes are pretty garbo

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Imagine being piss baby Square and not letting your music hang out at the cool kid's party lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Someone's streaming the game and Squad Strike got confirmed to be what we all want it to be

edit:

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 25, 2018

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemJP/status/1069789420507676673/photo/1

Male Corrin is rightly shunned and ignored.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Smash brothers is the best loving playstation all stars game ever!!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I wish I could quick play some 2v2 matches online with a friend but instead we have to hunt around random arenas hoping to get a good match with the right rules :sigh:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Kirby is good, moron.

Anybody have tips for the Funky Kong spirit battle? I can't beat it.

Get a spirit that gives you a Franklin Badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

What are my options if I only have one ethernet cable to my room but want to connect both my computer and my switch? Does an ethernet splitter work well?