Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Elderbean posted:

I haven't played smash since Melee, when did they remove the model viewer? Being able to see all the character and item models up close was cool and it fit well with the idea that they're all toys.

People kept peeking up Peach's skirt which angered parents. Then they put a black void under her skirt which pissed off nerds. So they decided to just do away with it and never worry about it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Is there a way to back out of adventure mode to the main menu?

Hold B

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Am I imagining things or do I get more rewards for using a lower level spirit? If I go in with a level 70 one I only get a single skill point, but bringing out a level 1 one will at least give me some snacks and a few spirit bucks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Are spirits sold in shops only unlockable by shops or will I eventually run into them through WoL?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This honey bee fight.

Me: Half the time punches the beehive instead of picking them up, one always spawns in front of me when I throw it, causing both hives to attack me.

Pikachu: Can grab a beehive mid flight while doing that spin aerial, can grab beehives I throw anywhere near it

E: Apparently giant players get an enlarged grab box, as I just saw Pikachu grab a hive it wasn't near.

And my bees coming out of a hive can damage another hive falling which makes those bees attack me. Fantastic.

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 9, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm gonna be such hot garbage after finishing WoL because I'm gonna be used to all the skills that you unlock in it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You can bring your spirits over with you to Smash mode!

At least there is that, but I mean like no penalty for constantly dodging, healing on smashes, grabbing ledges from further off...

I'm gonna leave WoL and wonder why my dodges never work :shepface:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This fight with a giant zelda who auto heals to 0 when you get her to 100% is loving horseshit. Especially cause it gets her to use her FS which has a range of "the entire loving arena".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What am I missing that the AI does to get out of stunlock from fire flowers or pk fires? AI seems to gradually slide out of the range, meanwhile anyone I play likes to firmly plant their feet into the ground and ask for more.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dizz posted:

I can't believe Squeenix hosed Nintendo so hard that they couldn't give us geno, but let us have Cloud instead.

What're you talking about, Geno is in the game*!

*As a spirit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Lightning in Smash

As a Cloud echo fighter.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh my god that Paz sticker isn't a photoshop.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does ZSS' whip benefit from the weapon up spirit (it IS a whip) or the energy up spirit (its plasma)?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Aggro posted:

I have died so many times hitting sideB instead of upB :(

Same. I've also consistently leapt the wrong direction using ZSS' down special. Like so often I thought she leapt backwards by design.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finally got the Geno spirit, the secret is wearing metal so you aren't flung around while 3 people mob you.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just pick whichever character you think is hottest and main them, works for me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Did they seriously put Cloud in that spot?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dammit, am I gonna miss something for getting one of the quizzes wrong in Adventure mode?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

American McGay posted:

It's not a quiz. It just tells you which door to pick to advance.

Are we thinking of the same place in the world of darkness? I got chests when I answered the right one first, nothing when I picked the wrong one first and now have a sad empty space where the chest would go.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lmao

Harrow posted:

How's Robin this time around? I always enjoyed playing him on my friend's copy of Smash 4 but I never owned my own copy of that game so I haven't spent a ton of time learning how to Robin.

I was able to slaughter Spirit matches with her fully charge neutral B, it does so much damage. And you can get it fully charged when the opponent is trying to get back on stage then pop them as soon as their ledge grab invulnerability wears off.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Uh, so this is a thing apparently?

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a52map/using_a_primary_spirit_with_a_fighter_of_the_same/

tl;dr: If you use a Spirit on a fighter from the same game franchise, it gives a 15-20% boost to their power level.

This fuckin' game :psyduck:

Good thing there is like a thousand Fire Emblem spirits to match the like 20 Fire Emblem characters you can play as.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

If they go this route, and I could totally see it, I'd hope they get Papyrus over Sans. Papyrus is way more bombastic and fits with the style more.

But Sans is already in the game though?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If I want to get all the endings for adventure mode, do I need to play through it 3 times?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scholtz posted:

No, they're all available at the end as long as the final area is mostly cleared out.

Thank you goon sire.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rolo posted:

I really like this game.

Agree

Rolo posted:

Isabelle is awesome.

Hard disagree.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I love how crazy the AI gets when you got a final smash and its one that goes across the arena, they constantly spam jump. Made the Giga Mac fight way easy cause the guy refused to stay on the ground while I spammed elwind at him as Robin.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Been binging Adventure mode the past 2 and a half days, just 100%'d it. Around 50 and a half hours, though 5 of those can be attributed to me just leaving the mode on while I did other things.

Just in time for me to get ready to go to bed and wake up at 3 am for work :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Am I just a stupid bad at fighting games moron who can’t tell or is the ai in this actually really good and fun to fight against? I’m pleasantly surprised how great the fights feel, even when they’re borderline impossible.

The AI can get downright brutal. From promptly stopping themselves from attacking the second you throw up a counter special, knowing when to grab you mid combo, perfect shielding, and knowing exactly where to shoot/throw something to keep you off the edge the second you hit your recovery special.

Sometimes I feel like DSP going "cahm ahn its reading my inputs!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How do I stop misaiming ZSS' down air smash and throwing myself off the arena :saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
ZSS is best girl but I'm just way better with Lucina then her :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

buff isabelle to be as good as she is cute pls

So auto ko'd on the first button press? Harsh.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Holy gently caress, how long is World of Light?

Yes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

What does New Game+ do exactly for WOL? Just start you over but you keep everything? Do you keep fighters as well? Are there different spirit battles?

You keep all your skills, unlocked characters and spirits. It just resets the board, and no the fights are exactly the same. You wont have to unlock the dojos or shops again, but you can refight them. Its basically letting you get a second set of spirits.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Of course, who'd rep Civilization would be a hilarious question.

BUFF.GANDHI.

His FS will be nuking the stage.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Zelda's side special is loving brutal. Want to get back onto the arena? gently caress no, your rear end is going more and more to the edge of the screen.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Zero suit Samus nude boobies

e: sorry I meant to type that into search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2U1HeyEPN0

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:hai:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

elf help book posted:

I will never in my life know which GC button is X and which is Y

They're the gray ones above the A button.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I figured thats how all competitive Smash players are like. Gotta lean in close to read that frame data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

In Training posted:

The ideal smash controller is banned in tournament play for some reason

Ah so its a crutch!