Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

If Pokefloats makes it what would the omega and battlefield versions be like

Battlefield platforms are Unown on their sides, so you can only see which ones they are by pausing and swinging the camera up. Platforms are always the same size, but randomize which Unown they are every match.

Don't know what the main part of the stage would be, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Slap City? More like Crap, lovely.

No, that's Icons

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
TWEWY left a lot of stuff open for sequels (Shibuya is not the only UG, Angels and other planes of existence, a few others mostly from the postgame stuff). Agreed that Neku's character arc is basically done. Personally, I want a second one because I love everything about how the first one played (why has no one else picked up the "make fights harder to guarantee a drop you want" yet?).

Also yeah, Neku for Smash. Too many good options for moves there not to do it.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

Incineroar's tagline should be something cat related, since she's the first feline fighter in the game (Duck Hunt, Fox and Wolf are dogs and Pichu and Pikachu are mice so it completes the trifecta).

Mewtwo's a cat

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
The only Raichu we need is Reichu: Reiley's Pikachu

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

• I don't really know anything about Richter, sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTizJemHO8

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I got all the customs on 3DS playing Smash Run continuously, which was great, actually.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I'm at work, someone explain what Spirits are.

Please don't just say "it's stickers" TIA

It's custom equipment from Smash 4, combined with stickers. With silly themed matches to get new ones.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

As far as we know, the 5 DLC characters (including Piranha) are the only DLC the game is getting.

It's 5 DLC characters, plus Piranha, actually (see that tweet above).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Baller Ina posted:

I knew it

I knew Banjo-Kazooie was a dealbreaker on the leak

Wish we got a grass Pokémon instead but at least incineroar looks cool

I guess spirits are gear reinvented? I’m not quite sure what primary spirits actually do, though

Primary spirits are stats, and I think are what determine your character's type for the RPS thing they've got going on. Presumably rarer spirits give more stats. Then the secondary spirits are the special effects like spawning with items or ignoring knockback, etc.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Zore posted:

Its not like it would matter that much. You have Chrom still showing up in Robin's final smash/victory screens even though he's playable now and Toon Link driving a train on a stage already.

Just have big boss Ridley and playable Ridley. No one would care.

The Toon Link driving the train is a different Toon Link. He is a distant descendant of the playable one.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

Who’s faster? :confused:

I assume he's talking about World of Light and Kirby outrunning the beams when Sonic didn't?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Nah they're saying the word "Link" appears in the name of five Zelda games.

Maybe they're counting Link's Awakening and Link's Awakening DX as two separate games?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

I think Brawl made it so Bowser could suicide that way and win, but they rescinded that for 4 because it meant Bowser basically won any match that came down to 1 to 1.

I believe it was something they changed partway through 4. Pretty early still, but post-release.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Bleck posted:

you say this but I still get hit by six mario up tilts in a row

As far as I understand it, the stale move system makes this more likely, not less. Each up tilt is doing less damage, but also less knockback, so it's easier to hit another one after.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Note that not all characters can angle their forward smashes. And a different set of not all characters can angle their forward tilts.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Ariong posted:

I have a huge amount of trouble beating the spirits where the challenge is to beat a giant fighter. I can’t even come close to beating the ones with super armor. My usual strategy of harassing the opponent from afar and then tossing them around when they come close is useless. Does anyone have any giant-toppling tips? Is there a particular kind of character that is better for beating them?

Also, can you parry in this game? The opponents keep doing something that looks like a parry.

You parry by releasing shield just as an attack hits it.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Just got this and I'm attempting to learn how to actually play smash for the first time ever.

I read that the recommended control setup is to disable tilt jump and set the right stick to tilt attack. But the latter feels really awkward because you still have to use A for jabs and smashes so you switch between the stick and A button a lot. It would make more sense to me to set the right stick to smash attacks and disable tilt+A smashes. Is there a reason that's not recommended?

You can't turn off Left-stick smashes, as far as I know.

There's a bunch of neat stuff you can do with Tilt-stick that's really hard otherwise. That might be a bit beyond where you're at if you're just starting. Do what feels best to you for now.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I think I saw somewhere that pivoting into a forward tilt maintains some of your forward momentum, where just returning to neutral doesn't. So there's that.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you handed Kirby a Rubik's cube he would eat it and then go to sleep

He would then sprout a perfectly-solved Rubik's cube from his head. It would let him alter stage geometry.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
To the guy that was asking last page, the Ninten spirit isn't in WoL, you can only get it in the Spirit Board or the shop. Be warned that the fight is hard as balls.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
No, clear all the spirits in the final area, then do each of the bosses in whatever order you want. You can clean up any stray spirits on the other maps anytime you want. I didn't get my last two spirits until after I'd gotten all the endings.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
You can also do SH RAR Up-Airs like that, but I think that's only useful for Falco (does anyone else have Up or Down airs that start behind them?).

RAR stands for "Reverse Aerial Rush," a very dumb name for doing a Back Air in the direction you were already moving. Basically, you turn around right before you jump while running, then do an aerial from the opposite direction.

Kantesu fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 14, 2019

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Back to the RAR discussion. Here's something to try if you can't do a proper one:

- Set your right stick to tilts
- Set one of your shoulder buttons to jump
- Dash in a direction (keep holding this direction)
- Hit your right stick in the opposite direction you're moving
- Very shortly after, hit jump

When done correctly, you'll get a forward-facing B-air. Note this doesn't work if you start running, you have to do it early in your dash.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
The DK rap has always been cut off like that in Smash, and it's a real shame because Lanky and Chunky's verses are great.

Also, clearly in the F-Zero future, Baseball is played by trying to hit the ball as high into the sky as possible. After stabbing it (to show it its place, I guess).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Note that it only applies to characters that have tether grabs (so Toon and Young Links, all renditions of Samus, Lucas, Luigi now, probably someone I'm forgetting).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I mean, most of those were against Ally, who is also one of the best players in the world.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Bowser is who I got the "Beat the final fight without dying" challenge with. He hits like a train and Celebi does a good job of keeping him outside the range where he'll die. That was only my third try at the fight (the first I didn't have Celebi equipped, the second time was trying to get the "don't die in the first part with Ganondorf," and once I actually used Great Autoheal it was real easy).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

SF4/5 have a ton of skin mods and I think some people even added characters but I don't know if anyone changed overall gameplay mechanics.

I forget what it was called, but somebody definitely did a full gameplay mod of SF4.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Elman posted:

Can anyone give me any tips for landing the attack cancel RAR input? I think I know the theory, while standing still you dash forward then quickly c-stick tilt backwards and jump (while still holding both sticks).

I can do it, but its inconsistent as gently caress. Sometimes I bair backwards instead of RARing, sometimes I fair, and other times I even get a nair attack. Is there some trick to it?

To be clear, I'm talking about this move:

https://twitter.com/EluTranscendent/status/1083576597465255936

In my experience, it works best if I dash, then tilt, then jump. Very quickly, but in that order.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Reiley posted:

Does anyone know a character offhand who has an arcing style uair that starts from behind and sweeps forward? Doing rar uairs is very important for Pika and I'm trying to think who else has a similar kind of uair that you'd need to perform this input as.

Falco's up air works like that. Only really needs to rar it for low percent dthrow combos, though (and there are better low percent dthrow combos than the rar up air ones).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

SA LPer Roolooroo was doing a subtitle LP for the game, but he ran out of steam midway. It was great and he had some really creative way to beat some of the missions. Like the mission where you had to stay in the air, he made a device that self push itself and stayed up in the air for a long time.

Unfortunately, his playthrough appears to be lost to time, since he, like many SA LPers of the time, was uploading mainly to blip.tv (which is extremely dead now). His LPs of the first two games are at least on the Internet Archive, and are great.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Got some links? I would buy archives for this

https://archive.org/details/LP_Banjo_Kazooie_Series

Don't need archives. Note these are old so the quality's not the greatest.

jivjov posted:

Hi, I'm a huge nerd who archives LPs locally and I'm pretty sure I have all his N&B videos saved. I can zip them up and set up a torrent or something

That would be awesome.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
You can't do Mr. Vile with any powerups, because you do it as a croco-gator.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

sharrrk posted:

hm. maybe it could just be a meteor smash when used midair

Make it Power Wave while grounded, and Power Dunk when in midair

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

bullshit

what else happened?

-No, actually (he's a Mii costume)

-Banjo came out, and is great fun

-Terry Bogard (from Fatal Fury and King of Fighters) got announced as Fighter Pass character 4, and is coming out in November.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
"During this stream, there are no announcements regarding any unrevealed fighters."

So, clearly they're going to reveal the fifth fighter before the livestream.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Hahaha, Terry's Super Specials (at least Power Geyser) autocorrect. Yes Sonic, jump over my head. That'll save you.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Buster Wolf also seems to have some projectile invincibility. Went through some Lloid rockets with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
King/Andy/I've never been satisfied with a third character which is weird because I usually end up liking half a dozen characters in most games.