Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Samus can charge her Charge Beam in midair!

Roy can make his neutral-B turn around and has WAY more ph1r3!

I'm so excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

gently caress, apparently they took out Diagonal C-Stick Nairs. I know they messed a lot of people up but they were a key part of my game plan.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

That's because Smash Snake is the ur-Snake, not any specific incarnation.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

oh my god there's this little radar box that shows the relative positions of offscreen characters now!

they deffo noticed how hard it was to deal with offscreen bayo combos and added that in to help

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Lucina's distinct sword properties gave her the edge over Marth in a lot of matchups. She wasn't a strict downgrade in 4 and she won't be one here, either.

learn some poo poo before you post

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Mockup of the select screen with all confirmed characters:

(these are arranged Wii U style with series grouped together, but the demo orders them by their numbers so the final game might do that instead)

Sonic and Bayonetta should be neighbors for Sega Reasons, IMHO.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Boktai was also a Kojima baby, it's super dead.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

sakurai is contractually obligated to make all echo fighters function exactly the same confirmed

that's literally what echo fighter means.

echo fighter (n):
a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that shares all animations and parameters with another "source" character, differing only in terms of aesthetics and mathematical combat detail

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

They should put Big Boss in instead.

Smash Snake is All Snakes. He has all of their memories and resources, just listen to some Brawl codecs closely.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

AND MORE PEOPLE OF COLOR.

screw you

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The demo didn't even get released.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Avirosb posted:

Let's talk about Marth's new fun voice.

I think it's Dean loving Venture

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Bleck posted:

I thought it was Yuri Lowenthal

It is in Project Steam but in Smash U he sounds way more nasal, I think it might be Sinternikerlaas

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

Speaking of dumb character choices, since I did a bet last time I'll do it again.

For anybody listening, quote this post and give me exactly five characters you think will be announced (or playable) when Smash Ultimate is released along with your Steam account and I'll buy the person with the most correct answers a whopping $10 game on Steam. Ties will be split evenly.

I'll save it all on a notepad document and review it when the game is released and the full roster (at launch, not DLC) is revealed.

Shadow the Hedgehog
Dark Samus
Spring Man
Ken
Waddle Dee

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Geno is boring as poo poo and SMRPG's best OC is Mallow.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

this is SO JAMES BOND-Y in the beginning then gets very Sonic Adventure and I love it!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

... oh my god it's Ska

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

expecting melee players to settle for laggy hd displays is insane

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

I'm bit confused by the writing, though, because it says "and select from a set of three specials for each type." I'm not sure if that means that instead of picking three variants for every type of special, there's just three combinations you can choose from that are preset. If that's the case, then effectively Mii Fighters would be identical to the addition of 9 new characters (three unique with two clones each). Assuming that editing their height and weight don't change their in-game properties, Mii Fighters might genuinely be legal picks in tournaments. They've already confirmed that they're allowing Mii Fighters online this time around.

TOs will continue to ban Miis, even 1111 Miis, to appease top player egos and reduce the matchup pool.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i like that picture of ridley

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Switch already supports Gamecube controllers via the official Nintendo adapter on a system-wide basis.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I play with rumble on, it's about 50-50 in torney scenes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

jivjov posted:

If you made an Echo Fighter of an Echo Fighter, and then an Echo Fighter of that Echo Echo, and so on....how many steps down the line would you have to be before the resulting Fighter was different enough to NOT be an Echo of the original?

never - the definition of "echo fighter"" is very specific.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nintendo has a long way to go towards including characters with darker skin and that Ganondorf (hook-nosed, evil, arab-coded) is the only visible dark-skinned person on the Character Select Screen unless you go four costumes deep on Inkling is kinda hosed up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Now, to Nintendo (or maybe just Treehouse)'s credit, Splatoon 2's DLC does some really well-executed, nuanced explorations of prejudice in its story content.

... and then they did an "Inkling vs. Octoling" splatfest because that wasn't tone-deaf at all.

Chill Penguin posted:

You've already been proven wrong you stupid bitch. This thread is bad enough already, doesn't need you trolling it. Mario bros. are Italian, Ganondorf is brown af, the Inklings can be black or brown, Ryu is Japanese, and above all these characters are race-less cartoons. Go back to D&D or GBS or whatever

maybe it is you who need to chill, penguin, and reconsider why you decided to call someone a "stupid bitch" in anger as soon as the racial politics of Your Favorite Game (Company) got interrogated.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'd maybe classify Little Mac as "swarthy". Like the Belcher family.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Macaluso posted:

No one is cheering for Fire Emblem Roy

I was saying Boo-Urns.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/FowlWhispers/status/1027267216654442496

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

a company hanging on the edge of tomorrow... from the works of yesterday

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

100% sincere and unironic

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Roy is in Smash

The space animals are in Smash with one loving good game between them

Isaac’s design is cool and there are at least a couple of neat locations, I think it would be fine if one Golden Sun character made it in

Roy is a Melee rep, so he has more good games than Isaac.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

DK IS DK Jr.

Modern DK is DK Jr.'s son. Cranky is OG DK and Modern DK's grandfather.

Read up on the Great Ape Wars.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Zuzie posted:

I've never understood why the original Donkey Kong was aged to an old ape by the time of Donkey Kong Country, but Mario is still the same age. Did Rare think that gorillas had shorter lifespans then humans or something?

Well, there was no evidence during the DKC production that Donkey Kong and Mario would ever interact again.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Alxprit posted:

Solar Boy Django for Smash.

god please

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bayonetta might be technically a second Sega rep.

Who would be a second Namco rep?

Klonoa, please.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You mean, when considering Samus' robo kung-fu and Ganondorf's Captain Falcon moveset? Or Captain Falcon's Captain Falcon moveset?

:ssh: those are all the same moveset

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

jivjov posted:

Something interesting I just realized...Shulk is gonna have a worse matchup against Ryu in Smash Ultimate. Since Ryu automatically turns to face his opponent in 1v1 situations, Shulk presumably can't get off a good Back Slash against him now.

yeah, because back slash is the defining problem in that MU...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

stop voting for isaac you idiots

isaac is just Solar Boy Django for normies

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Heihachi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

give Chorus Kids a continuous rhythm tracker visible by their %, like Mac's meter. inputs made on the timer hit harder and are safer.