Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

COMING DIGITALLY TO ALL PLATFORMS ON OCT 5th AND PHYSICALLY OCT 8th

Welcome! To the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Megathread!! From the developers of one of the all-time greats in the storied Platform Fighter genre, Slap City, comes a brand new entry, featuring beloved nostalgic characters from Nickelodeon's many franchises.

Taking cues from other games of the genre such as Rivals of Aether, Brawlout, and the previously mentioned Slap City; NASB has you take control of one of any of its colorful cast of characters, and pits you head to head with another player(s), utilizing a variety of attacks, techniques, and movement options to knock your rivals off of the stage. While previous games of the genre paved the way to iron out mechanics, competitive potential, and easy to understand controls for newcomers, NASB stands out from the rest of the pack as being the very first Platform Fighter to feature an "All-Star" lineup of world-famous and beloved characters to appeal to a mass audience and extend its reach beyond the initial niche market of competitive platformer/fighting game enthusiasts. Gone are the days of having to pick a generic furry or bland swordsman who has no connection to the outside world beyond a poorly written wiki article. With characters like Spongebob Squarepants, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Garfield, players will finally have a rich cast of characters with plenty of potential references and fighting styles to pull from already established and well-known media, that people actually give a poo poo about.

At the release of the game, there are 20 characters set for launch, with 2 more coming shortly afterwards. The developers have uploaded a playlist of all the character's movesets and example matches, so check em out if you want to see how your favorite does in battle! There's also confirmed DLC on the way, so character speculation is welcome to discuss as well!

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i'm declaring this thread a bowsette safe zone. bowsette is safe here, and we will protect her

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 1, 2018

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bef posted:

bef easily claims the first post :cool:

jesus

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Please change the thread tag to the Gamecube controller one. Thanks mods.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to cry if they announce Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright or King K Rool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im feeling k rool in my bones

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ike jumps fast

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dedede can inhale his gordo and spit it out

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SOMEONE GRAB SOMEONE WITH DK OR BOWSER SO I CAN SEE IF THEY HAVE THEIR DUMB GRAB COMBOS

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ridley got added to smash to get ladder combo'd by Bayo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Leo is doing this out of necessity. We should be thanking him.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Its in everyone"s best interest that Bayonetta wins this. Trust me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ZeRo, for the good of Smash 5, let Leo 3 stock you in front of Sakurai with Bayonetta

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Oh thank gently caress, no Bayo this round.

If Bayo doesn't win this right here and now, she'll just win when the game actually comes out. The winner gets nerfed. Cheer for Bayo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IDONTPOST posted:

this mkleo guy plays the two most try hard chars from smash 4 gently caress him

You should make your name a reality

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/CombotronRobot/status/1006587144763129856

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Geno will be an echo of Bayonetta

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

if you can do anything out of a dash then what's the point of walking? i don't like this. walking should be better because it usually looks cooler than running.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

i think someone else already mentioned shadow in this context, but ive got some Echo Character Conspiracy Theories

shadow is no longer an assist trophy, replaced by Knuckles very very visibly, especially since he popped up multiple times in the tournament and Shadow has been seen nowhere. shadow would play identical to Sonic but with a different running animation. easy Echo to make, popular character, seems like a no-brainer and a simple way to make the roster bigger

this is the one i havent seen people pick up on, though. ike is missing his Chrom-colored alt costume. robin, who's final smash had Chrom in it in Smash 4, is the only character who's video on the Smash site does not feature their final smash. Chrom was originally going to be playable in Smash 4 but got dropped in favor of Lucina. seems obvious to me that Chrom is another Echo Character, probably an Ike clone so there isn't another Marth one

pulling elements together from both of these, samus no longer has a Dark Samus alt color costume, and the Dark Samus assist trophy seems to be gone. another easy Echo

Chrom is actually going to be a Roy clone, and Hector will be an ike clone instead

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

I'm hype but I hope they change knockback - yesterday it was super fast and then you slow down awkwardly at the end. I guess this makes combos a lot harder since the aggressor can't get to the end of the knockback fast enough.

In this gamer's opinion, they made this change to accelerate the gameplay, as a lot of what made the game slow was spending so much time for both players to close the distance after knocking each other away. Cutting the time down on that process by making the knockback happen faster makes the game seem faster without changing much about the actual player interactions.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've heard reports that Bowser's grab combos are gone so this game needs to go back to the drawing board

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not sold on teching grabs because I like grabbing

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I main Ike and DK now because DK's ding dong is still in

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Thanks! That helps a lot. Some people seemed down on it but that seems like a positive change to me, I hated the helpless state post-footstool and an option to not get comboed or killed because your snoot got booped is rad. That said this is also something that will never affect my actual play because I've never teched a move in my life.

I can't stop thinking about it and it is ruining my work ethic.

its bad for people who put a lot of time practicing the footstool combos because it "limits advanced combos" but at the same time, most of those people play fuckers like Lucas so I say good riddance.

rip Wario 0-deaths though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Smaller tiddies in exchange for head crushing muscles is a fair trade I suppose.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im gonna make a post outlining the important stuff thats actually been confirmed and stuff it in the op or the 3rd post

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

Can't you just let the stick neutral reset and input whatever you want? What is the rar for? You can't dash through people for pivot crossups (honest, general q)

without the tournaround you just jab or down tilt in front of you, but with the turn around you can immediately jab or tilt behind you.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You chase after a Ryu and he immediately turns around with his dumb up tilt in your face and you're dead

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

ryu always faces his opponents

replace it with diddy and down tilt

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

could Luigi's duck avoid projectiles before?

yes. in tournament sets luigis will go up towards Fox while crouching to duck under his lasers.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Ganondorf has had a long goddamn road since being a very lame Melee clone. better qualities for each special move, long range smashes with a sword, and going from a beefed up dad bod to the ripped motherfucker he is now. He got better and better with each iteration. The balances right now look extremely good in terms of nerfing crazy poo poo and buffing the lower-end people like Mewtwo/Ganondorf

mewtwo is one of the best characters in smash 4, but that was after buffs. im hoping he gets nerfed in this new game, hes obnoxious

being able to tilt out of dash is going to make him insane though

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FZeroRacer posted:

Smash 4 had a bunch of high-level movement techniques that were also hard on your hands due to the difficulty and motion to pull them off. Perfect pivoting was real dumb.

i'm more in the camp that Wavedashing was Good because it really isn't difficult to pull off. Melee's hard on your hands due to the sheer speed of the game not due to the complexity of most stuff.

I don't know which part of this post is most incorrect

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just hope one of Bowser, Ike, DK, Wario, or King DeDeDe is good and also braindead with a grab kill confirm that works on everyone.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Same, Nintendo usually does good by DLC but it could be overpriced nonsense and I'll buy it cause it's Smash.

Also I finally watched the controversial (?) Ridley VS Bayonetta match from the invitational and while Bayo is still kinda BS, I have read some defenses that the stage has a super low ceiling to begin with and that two of Ridley's stocks were taken by a Final Smash and an assist trophy respectively so there was a lot working against him that match. The Mario V Bayonetta later on was much closer and I think Bayo only took it due to an accidental SD, so I have hopes that she's a bit more balanced this time round.

Yeah those things are definitely true about how he died but my man Leo literally double jumped like 3 or 4 times during the combo. the interaction with her specials and jumps are even more broken at the moment it seems.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

I'm very happy the new game buffed Skull Bash to become an incredible move. Pika has a sideb now... sakurai's blessings upon us all.

What does it do

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They should give big frame advantage to bowser's jab and give him his grab kills back please

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also the only people who like Tingle definitely like him for Waluigi reasons

Insulting.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

We are all going to die before another smash game comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

Geno shoot bullets out of his fingers and lasers out of his wrists,

This is why Geno is going to be an echo fighter of Bayonetta.