Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i can't believe everybody is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
every single power ranger

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Sudden Javelin posted:

Falcon in particular improved my game immensely, I've liked him since Melee but always played him like an idiot. Between his predictable recovery, lack of options against projectiles, how easy he is to combo, and the fact everyone knows him (thus knows how to play against him), it was a real "git gud" moment

I mean, MVD is on record as saying he had literally no idea how to play the falcon matchup when Fatality 3-0d him with 3.0 Falcon, so I wouldn't take that as a given. He's a lot more popular now though i guess

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

port/remake the original halo trilogy to the switch so we can get master chief

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

EDIT: Waluigi as Soul Calibur 2's Necrom: just a hosed up homunculus cobbled together from other characters' moves.

Peach's side smash. Wii Fit's side B. The rest is just Ganondorf. He'd be perfect.

[waluigi voice] "DORYEH, eh eh eh!"

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

yoiks scoob

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

love to come to the smash bros thread to get my daily dose of victim blaming and wildly disproportionate misandry in my video game for children

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

going fast and chasing people off stage? can i interest you in a certain hedgehog?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

i tune in and the first thing i see is glutonny 3 stocking gackt by going super deep and wafting him underneath the stage :allears:

e: holy poo poo that last stock in game 2 :stonk:

HOW DOES HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THESE BIKE UPTHROW COMBOS

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 1, 2019

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Yeesh, Meister just bodied T in that game 4. You can't DI out as Chrom or you die, so when you DI in against G&W he just keeps nairing you until you're at 80 and then 2 frames you with forward tilt at the ledge. Both of T's characters had godawful disadvantage states against G&W.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Yeah as much as I loving love melee, as the years have gone by the complete lack of diversity in top-level play made watching it way less interesting. These days I don't even bother watching any matches where both players are a space animal. It's basically the same drat match every time. for the past 18 years.

this is why the latest BTS with axe on pikachu facing wizzrobe on falcon was extremely sick by the way; melee is an insanely cool game to watch when the best option both players have at any given moment isn't a frame 1 shine.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

it's worth remembering that leo was winning with ike, who is the worst sword character in this game, so him winning with joker means basically nothing

(mii swordfighter might be worse than ike don't take that statement as gospel truth)

e: (if you count robin and corrin they are also probably worse)

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 5, 2019

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

There's a walk off near the start but the stage is otherwise basically perfectly fine and way cooler than its closest counterpart town and city, both aesthetically and the variety in stage shape

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

it turns out k rool is The Heavy Problem taken to its logical conclusion and that this is even worse on wi-fi. see also how little mac got snap nerfed at the beginning of smash 4 despite being bottom 3 for the game's entire lifespan

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

legalise wario wa-[dies to bowser ftilt at 40%]

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

to be fair captain falcon's moveset kinda had to be made from wholecloth unless you were going to give him 'literally a car' as his side-b, or 'literally a gun' for his neutral special (which would probably not fly seeing as even in TYOOL 2019 the only guns allowed in smash are fake ones)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I wonder what the tier lists would look like if every level, final smashes and meters, and items were included in that consideration.

sonic is a lot better because he runs very fast to pick up all the broken items

peach final smash is dumb

zelda final smash is pretty dumb but not quite as dumb as peach's

heavies are basically unplayable because there are too many gigantic stages that faster characters can run away from them on even if you have some kind of strike system (unless you have so many strikes that you just end up back on mostly battlefield-esque stages)

characters with command grabs get a lot better on walk-offs

characters with good recoveries and good disadvantage states get a lot better on stages with huge blast zones

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

'capitalism is bad'

'but video games are good!?!?!?'

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I'm still buying the pack because I want Megalovania though. Time to buy that and turn down literally every other worthless song in the "other" category and turn Megalovania all the way up.

this is shameful disrespect of the best song in smash, Ring! Dong! Dang! from Style Savvy: Styling Star

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Minecraft Steve (although i think he would be another great candidate for a high-quality mii costume)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Metal Gear Rising Raiden would be a literally perfect bayonetta echo

e: ok not actually but he would definitely work as a similar character

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

just poo poo out a bunch of echoes for 0.99/1.99/2.99 so all the people still horney for lyn and such can get their fix imo

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

almost every move wolf has is unique

how wrong can a technically correct opinion be? find out next time on super smash bros z

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

loving fawful would be a better side character from a mario rpg to include in smash, geno can suck my nuts

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Glitch 7's top 16 was crazy diverse, by the way. I don't have the actual bracket breakdown but from what I can see the only repeat characters are as follows:

- Nairo and Gen both played Palutena
- Tweek and Puppeh both played PT (Tweek also played Banjo)
- ZD and Light both played Fox

By my count there were 15 unique characters picked by 16 players, since Dabuz also played two characters (Olimar and Rosalina).

By the same measurement, I believe that makes it 30 unique characters in the top 32, including Piranha Plant of all things.

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 17, 2019

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I expect it might actually be a lot of work, but I'd love it if the stage creator could use the 'reskins' of FD/Battlefield and apply them to sufficiently simple custom stages.

Mostly I would like to have an infinite variety of stages that are similar in scope but with the blast zones / platform placement / walls-or-no-walls all customisable, so you can pick stuff like 'kalos but without the stupidly high ceiling' or 'fd but with walls'.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

:can: midna

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

i'd like bandana dee

as an assist trophy :unsmigghh:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

The 5th DLC character is likely Monster Hunter, right? I'd find it really weird that they put a freaking Rathalos and a MH subworld in this game if they didn't have a MH character in at least the initial release road map.

we have shulk already

:v:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Ethan's side special is like fox illusion but it doesn't stop on shield and restores a few % if it hits

Because he moves past and heals

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

*plays the metal gear rising soundtrack because raiden has been announced for smash*

(i actually found out today that he was in the extremely bad playstation all stars game, so i think the chances of him ever appearing in smash are very low unfortunately)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

look all i'm saying is that melee would be way more competitive and interesting if the standard ruleset was rishi's jungle jam

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

THE DOOM SLAYER

HAS HUGE GUTS!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

The Mario and Zelda series both have exactly one 10/10 game in their catalogues, those being Super Mario World and Twilight Princess respectively.

i mean 10/10 ratings are stupid but any system that has 10/10s and doesn't give super mario galaxy one is whack (whack i tell you!!!)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

shulk sucks at approaching wario so just play more defensively and use the fact that you have a win condition and he doesn't play in your favour

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Your Computer posted:

a finger curls on the monkey's paw as John Halo is announced for Smash

fun fact: john halo's name is a bible reference, as is the rest of halo. having only played an hour or two of halo 2's multiplayer, i found this out just a few days ago

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Hmmm, what well known murder marine is related to something named Daisy.....

REY's Force Awakens!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

doom guy

doom guy

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

that's exactly why it's good

love cutting directly from a minority woman talking about her experiences and why diversity is important to Joker being added to Mortal Kombat

hey she lives in a society it's a perfectly reasonable segue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

lmao at "we'd like to thank marx and engels for providing us a political education"