Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Ah, I missed that segment. That's cool then. Ridley looks slick and I'm really looking forward to surfing on people Firebrand style.

Any word on if counters are being changed at all? With dodging giving diminishing returns now and Witch Time already doing that from Smash 4, it makes me wonder if all the Fire Emblem swordsmen will have to use their counters more sparingly.

At least Shulk and Bayonetta in Smash 4 had diminishing returns on their counters, so it certainly wouldn't be surprising if all counters in Ultimate have diminishing returns too (and I'm hoping for it).

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I didn't think it was possible but you have convinced me in this post that King K. Rool should get in as an Echo fighter of Ryu

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

One newcomer announced every month makes 6 more before release, including December itself. Sprinkle on some more Echo fighter at (let's say) the same rate, yielding another 6 official Echo fighters.

Good new fighters list:
  • some new-gen Pokémon
  • Waluigi
  • Impa (Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors)
  • Tetra
  • Geno
  • Sami from Advance Wars
  • Zero (specifically Mega Man Zero)
  • Shovel Knight sounds neato
  • some Belmont probz
  • Dark Samus (seems unlikely given Ridley's inclusion as a full new fighter)

Good Echo fighters list:
  • Dark Samus (seems more likely)
  • Duster as Snake echo
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Dr. Luigi
  • Proto Man
  • K. Rool, as previously established
  • Waluigi instead as Echo of Bayonetta, also as previously established

Rates and numbers in this post were fabricated, but extremely smartly

Those lists might be several more than 6 each, but if u disagree with it then we can SETTLE IT IN SMASH

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Some are suggesting K. Rool would work better as an Echo fighter of Captain Falcon the bounty-hunting racecar driver instead an Echo fighter of Ryu the street fighter, based on the observation that the relevant picture of K. Rool resembles CFalcon's C'MON taunt pose more than Ryu the street fighter:

This observation is reasonable on its face. However the conclusion is ridiculous. K. Rool could not fit in a recolored Blue Falcon for racing purposes, and could plausibly perform neither a Raptor Boost nor a Knee Of Justice in order to hunt and take down bounties.

Please stop trolling.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Bicyclops posted:

Just got word about the latest DLC, and it's definitely different. For $20, Nintendo will create a clone of Sakurai who has to suffer some kind of Black Mirror torment and live in a time loop, programming any character you want into the game all on his own, perfecting and balancing the moves perfectly so the character fits in with the rest of the gang.

The only exception is that if you suggest Waluigi, it just erases your save data.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

GC controller is incredibly comfortable to hold if your hands are the right size for it. It's sturdy and wraps its cord well too. And in later Smash games where you can customize buttons, then you can put Special on X (the right-side bean button) as well as B, so you can hit Jump on Y (top bean) and immediately + easily use Special when airborne, not just Attack.

There's also close to 2 decades of familiarity!

The analog L/R buttons aren't as great for non-Melee of course, and if your hands aren't sized right for it then I imagine you'll dislike the controller upon first use.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Sounds like some people need to learn to

Help is available, even online: wikiHow: How to Stay Calm While Losing a Video Game

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

MODS!!!!!  

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Hellioning posted:

No Echo Fighters. Instead, a bunch of almost Echo Fighters.

It's called "Luigification", OP

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Maple Leaf posted:

Put Waluigi in as an echo of Bayonetta. They both got gangly limbs. He attacks by making fingerguns and very small Bullet Bills come out.

This is still the best idea

I believe Sakurai has been planning this whole time to give us Waluigi in either this best idea form or as a full-fledged non-Echo fighter.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Echo Chamber posted:

Waluigi is/was good. Ridley was the insincere meme.
Extremely hosed up that someone would even joke about this (much less consider saying it genuinely). Ridley and Waluigi should both be fighters in Smash Ultimate. The end.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Rainuwastaken posted:

It's a livin'!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

:wrong:

Waluigi's dash attack (regardless of whether he's his own fighter or an Echo of Bayonetta) is his amazingly long-range elbow spike Big Hit from Mario Strikers Charged.

🌹🥀

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM

#waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

waluigi 👍

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

TheKingofSprings posted:

throw in Urbosa too.

Fucj YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH   Urbosa would own

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

When Walugi joins the battle, Alfonso is in the assist trophy.

Alfonso: "Everybody cheated but me!"

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Spring Man, but it's the beloved Robot Master from the SNES classic Mega Man 7

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

SeANMcBAY posted:

As much as I’d love Geno, I really just want some SMRPG music in the game.

Hell yes

Also Axem Rangers as the new Fighting Polygon Team (their unpainted forms are even EXTREMELY THEMATIC for it).

Also too they're axe wielders so heck, Axem Ranger(s) as a fighter

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I'll see your Armed Boss fight song and raise you a Beware the Forest's Mushrooms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbRJ733xiF4

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Improbable Lobster posted:

He does not and would not

Please Don't Troll

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Great Gonzales posted:

Who do you fellas think the weird one-off NES era arcade game character will be for this game? I'm hoping for my boys, Bub and Bob, to finally join the fight.
Bubble Bobble as a buddies fighter like Ice Climbers is a pro suggest.

(Bubble Bobble as an Echo fighter of Ice Climbers is less pro albeit more comedic.)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Bongo Bill posted:

It's precisely because Daisy is so similar to Peach that she was more viable. Who's Waluigi like? Nobody, that's who, which is his curse.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Waluigi would need a lot more work because he couldn't be an echo for anyone. His proportions are nothing like Luigi's or anyone else's, so he'd need his own rig, animations, etc. Daisy's popularity is comparable to his, but she's a much easier match for Peach.

Waffleman_ posted:

Because Daisy can be easily put over Peach, having been a color for her for years, and Waluigi would have to be a new character.

Bayonetta Echo, oh my goooddddd, it's like none of you are paying any attention at all

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://twitter.com/mileskitaro/status/927418731969441792

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's really telling that when Ridley got announced 80% of the posts on random boards were "LOL WE MEME'D HIM IN BOYS! WE DID IT FOR THE EPIC MEME!!!!"

It's why I believe Waluigi and K. Rool are wanted at all.

Despicable

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

IDONTPOST posted:

Who the gently caress is Rex

Metal Gear❗️!!?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Moriatti posted:

guys i think culex has a chance for smash because youll notice that he has crystals and there are crystals in midgar furthermore

This checks out: SMRPG was on the SNES, and Culex could be an Echo Fighter of Geno.
:discourse:

And/or Cloud

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Reiley posted:

On this page we discuss Character Classics: https://imgur.com/a/s3atiDZ I appreciate 64 DK more than I ever thought I would.
This is some good-as-hell Relateable Content, thank you

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Imagine an open world game where you're essentially Exploding Punch Batman, but with the wacky upside-down highways of Mute City.
There's an arcade game called Captain Falcon Punch
Well technically it's called Sonic Blast Heroes but you can tell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5PesYS1B2M

Vandar posted:

I know it's cliche to suggest this at this point, but Captain Falcon action game by Platinum, please.
:yeshaha:‼️

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

John Lee posted:

how soon we forget the insane tyranny of bonzibuddy
The whole thread loves BonziBuddy64, a funny poster who loves K. Rool! *5 days later* We regret to inform you the Buddy is racist

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Ohh yeah, Midna is another one who'd be really good. I honestly didn't know Skull Kid was in Warriors though, that's neat!

Here's a question for y'all- What character do you want to see in Smash, even though you personally wouldn't play as that character?

For me it's Paper Mario. Even though Mario/Dr. Mario are fun enough characters to play as, I only ever play them if I Random into them. Mario's like the Ryu/Kyo/Sol/Ragna/Ect of Smash, fun enough to play but because they're the main character/face of the game I just have no interest in choosing them. Paper Mario would continue this tradition. I really love the Paper Mario games and would adore to see what Sakurai and the team could do with him, but 9 times out of 10 I would not choose to play as him.

Paper Mario would be excellent af and u would luv too play as Paper Mario that 1/10 times, ahead of at least 59 other fighters   :black101:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Imagine if all fighters are also Assist Trophies

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

bef posted:

We call it Tech City for some reason, not sure why.

wint — @dril
going t o start saying, "Tech City" whenever i see an attractive grotto. e.g... "thats Tech City" or "that cave is Tech City to me"
12:53 AM - Feb 5, 2017

Grace Baiting fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 2, 2018

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

mandatory lesbian posted:

What Nintendo game was cloud in before smash?
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Sudden Javelin posted:

So this direct takes place on a Wednesday....Nintendo has a history with Wednesdays.....

Wigger For Smash
#WaluigiWednesday For Smash

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

DizzyBum posted:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: WE MUST BE CRAZY

Not a Children posted:

Geno in the Mushroom forest, mark it

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shear Modulus posted:

still undecided whether a better base for echo fighter waluigi would be snake or simon

it's Bayonetta, don't be a troll

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Calaveron posted:

Missed opportunity that King Kevin Rool doesn't make the HOWRGH sound he made in dkc when hit
The Smash Ultimate preview gameplay footage has (almost?) all had character vocals turned off, so I bet you'll get your kokoro wish, fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

:yeshaha: