Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Something makes me doubt this leak as much as the Verg one but it would end a lot more strongly than 'default skin from Minecraft' so hopefully I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Metal Sonic should have been the Echo but oh well.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I believed the leak because I didn't think they'd lead with Ridley and end with Starter Pokemon, but I suppose I thought too much.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wasn't married to the Grinch leak but I figured they'd have a stronger ending for characters than this.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Andrast posted:

Does Incineroar also accept Saudi blood money?

He's a WWE heel so you get more mad at the people running the company than him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It feels like hyping up the DLC characters is foolish since a good amount will be third party people going by the last set, and Sakurai probably can't just pick anyone from those. The one purely Nintendo character from 4's DLC was mostly to advertise an upcoming game as well.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Supersonic Shine posted:

Which generic enemy do you most want to see added as playable in Smash 6?

I'd say Jack Frost but hee will be DLC.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You can fight seven clones of any character you're playing as but summoning another clone to help you? That'd just be silly.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Metal Sonic or death

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can we have the Susie who tried to kill Kirby with a mech suit (among other terrible things she got away with entirely)?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 2, 2018

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Sakurai got Steve instead of Banjo there's going to be a (probably deserved) shitstorm.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Chill Penguin posted:

In this post-Piranha Plant era, I think it should be obvious that he would add the Creeper before he added "Minecraft Steve"

Dies when hitting the opponent once, so he's unfortunately middle tier.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
11, the most recent DQ game, got a lot of praise, and it's going to be getting a special edition on the Switch. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to signal boost it a bit before that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sea Lily posted:

The iconic Dragon Quest character is the Slime

His Side B turns him into a Metal Slime and gives him super armor

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A Granblue character would somehow be even stupider than Steve. At least his game is a game.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They could make Steve look like the people from Minecraft Story Mode? That still doesn't look great but better than him just waddling all over.

I think a bigger obstacle is the 'and music' part of DLC. Are there any real bangers in the Minecraft ost of all games?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Looking up all the characters that have appeared in crossover events in Granblue, it does feel oddly plausible that someone from it would appear in this crossover.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Nintendo does have a relationship with Cygames, if that's been valuable them repaying it with a Cygames character in Smash doesn't seem too implausible.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All that makes the idea they'd hand out another character feel a bit unlikely, it's weird.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I'm very sad Banjo-Kazooie isn't in the game! I don't care for my heartstrings being pulled like that!

Kinda bummed about Mach Rider, too. You can never go wrong with a cool biker lady.

DLC, Sakurai willing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't see Incineroar lifting anything that's not helping him do so with those arms

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheLoneStar posted:

Who the hell are Reimu and Saber?

It doesn't matter very much because they're basically the Japanese equivalent to saying Goku will be in Smash. They're pretty well-known but obviously wouldn't be chosen ever.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah, Edgelord from Fire Emblem Treehouse, you know.

If Rex isn't gonna be a thing anyone from that seems super doubtful though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's canon though.

E: Are waluigi fans still actually upset? Most complaints after the direct I saw were from Golden Sun/Isaac fans.

The first official art Waluigi had was him holding a piranha plant, so a lot of people think that's Sakurai having a dig at him since he doesn't seem to much like the character.

At least he had the decency to tell them their character was deconfirmed right away, though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Actually seeing this float around a lot too. Did people think Sakurai was going to announce every assist trophy at once at the start to avoid this? I can kind of get it with Shadow as he's seeming unchanged and was thought to have be replaced for a long time, but characters like Isaac or Black Knight that are new AT wise were being held as a surprise. (I'm counting Isaac as new as he has far more than just Move and was missing in 4)

E: I kind of wonder how many people actually like Assist Trophies on the topic of it. I love seeing them but whenever a direct comes on my friends and general reactions take it as a "who's getting sent to the graveyard to rot" segment and that seems like such a downer way of looking at em.

For well-requested characters it'd be nice just to let people down early, and as said how they did it with Shadow and Skull Kid was especially bizarre. Hell, you had to go to the website to see that Skull Kid was one.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Lyn, Isaac, Dillon. Easy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If you're gonna make Andross playable just put Master Hand in as a fighter. He probably has more fans.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He claimed it was him but most don't really feel he's really capable of doing something like this, since again he bought 2000 Rosalina amiibos simply because he didn't like her.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If he is the one I wonder whether he did all that himself or paid someone else. Though you'd think any artist responsible for fooling the internet like that would have come forward by now, I doubt people will forget this any time soon.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I heard something about Sugiyama not liking his music to be in games with a sound test, which obviously Ultimate has. So if true (and since he seems to want to keep the orchestrals scores in Japan to sell records that would make sense) that could disqualify any Dragon Quest character unless a big deal has been worked out.

This deal also may have been done a couple years ago when Dragon Quest was sorta taking a nap in the West, so I sort of doubt it even if it would be cool.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Super No Vacancy posted:

hes the big bigot right

That too, yeah, generally not a pleasant guy all-around.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If it's mostly first-party stuff I'm kind of more interested, since every other fan list seems to be entirely third-parties and like, Marx.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1060352579769520129

Kirby's quite busy this month

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Victory Position posted:

Question: how on Earth is this Kirby game getting so much DLC? is it a difficult game or is it simply filled with content?

It's basically a big anniversary game where a ton of characters from all the different eras of Kirby's games are playable, and they got released in three waves of three characters. First had people from up to the SNES era, second from the N64 and GBA, and now three from the Wii and 3DS. As far as crossovers go they basically got every supporting ally Kirby has ever had and even some villains they could justify.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I bet YOU'RE the one who faked the Grinch leak, Boss! This is all YOUR fault!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I appreciate putting the Miis on the three worst series.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
From what I hear they call Ridley Captain America, since most people that wanted him are from the West.

It seems more like the reaction Little Mac got when he was revealed, which was basically "Oh that guy they like, neat", then any hate though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheLoneStar posted:

I can't believe Goku's finally getting into Smash.

That's close enough right

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Should have done Doc Louis commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They put in Slime and somehow end up with three less songs on the soundtrack.