Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I cannot believe Snake is back, and motherfucking Ridley of all people got in. Getting to December is going to be torturous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Is it even legal to like a game despite it not being perfect? Better lock me up just in case boss

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm stoked as all get-out to learn what the final boss is. Master Core was incredible.

Doctor Robotnik

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Can someone please explain to me why people like Waluigi

no seriously I don't understand, help

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

John Lee posted:

Myself, I don't engage with any social activity, so my occasional garbage thoughts never have the opportunity to escape from my mouth into the world.

Ah, I see I've finally found a place where I belong.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

It's always possible that they won't do any DLC, but I'd be shocked. Smash 4's DLC was incredibly well received, and both Zelda and Splatoon have received DLC support. I think Nintendo's finally realized that there are cookies in the jar, and they taste pretty good.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

If they added more DLC to MK8D, which was a "definitive edition" port of a game from last generation, nerds everywhere would have shat their pants in impotent fury. They'll market the poo poo out of MK9 in a few years, don't worry.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

I'm very excited to kill Cloud Strife with a duck again

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m glad he’s still the Ultimate announcer. I just hope this time they’ll have him scream the title on the title screen.

64 had the best title screen scream. That dude just sounds so excited.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

A MGSV stage on Mother Base where the matches always end early before a satisfying conclusion is reached.

:emptyquote:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Counterpoint - don't put Cuphead on Switch, unless they want people throwing their Switches across the room.

Did the Wii teach you nothing?! That's what the wrist straps are for!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

Xenoblade 2 won't get a character, but it will get representation through an assist trophy.

The assist trophy is a bunch of Ardanian Soldiers.

As long as they're properly noisy, I would be happy as a clam.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I sort of miss that era of secrets/unlocks that sounded like total BS because there was so many fake secrets. I remember the Rogue Squadron series had some goofy stuff that didn't seem believable, like an unlockable Cadillac.

I enjoyed the hunt for secret unlockables when I was a kid and had a ton of free time. I remember desperately clawing my way towards 20 kills in Cruel Melee to get Sonic, only to be immensely disappointed when it wasn't actually true. However, now that I'm a grumpy-rear end adult, I realize that I just want to smash all of my toys together from the get-go. I'm hoping Smash 5's unlocks are fairly quick.

Besides, it's not like there's any mystery to it anymore. Some Wal-Mart in Kentucky will absolutely end up leaking the game a few days before release, and within 0.47 nanoseconds of that happening the entire roster and everything else will be datamined to hell and back.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Over There posted:

hollow knight for smash

ugh, but his moveset would just be "marth, but x"

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Bleck posted:

replace marth with hollow knight, imo

with this suggestion, you are redeemed

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

But what about characters that don't have friends in the original 8? Hell, what about Wario, who has given up friendship in favour of advancing in a capitalist society where money is the only thing that matters and interpersonal relationships are only a means to that end?

To unlock Wario, you have to win a coin battle. However, the coin battle never truly ends.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Why is Pichu so big

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Not a Children posted:

The Zelda redesign is so friggin' clutch

She's absolutely adorable and a huge improvement over the tired TP design.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

When Lucario goes above 100% he transforms into Goku

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Pokefloats hasn't come back because they don't have the tech to make that dumpster fire of a stage actually good.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Its why I've never liked him in Smash. In all the 3D games he's a little dude with a gymnast's build who's light on his feet and does a ton of acrobatic flips.

In Smash he's heavy and slow as gently caress.

You'd be pretty heavy and slow too if you were hauling around a sword, boomerang, bow and arrows, infinite bombs, a grappling hook (made out of thick metal chain!), all while trying not to rip your tights.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

No more echo fighters

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Moriatti posted:

Though I still hold BotW Link got there through tactics and gadgets rather than raw swordplay since that is also how to excel at combat in the game.

I mean, you could spend a whole bunch of time throwing bombs or setting fires.

Or you could dodge one attack, become Neo in the Matrix, and omnislash a dude to death instantly.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Are we back to thinking he'd use up a "slot" or some poo poo?

Yes, because switch cartridges are very tiny and now that Ridley's hogging so much space there isn't enough room for more clones, duh

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Over There posted:

shes going to have an OP taunt

Is it too early to claim a main

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

what kind of a chump rear end dip poo poo fuckboy do you have to be to not like poke floats

this kind :smuggo:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Ridley's smart and cunning but like a predatory animal, I think. He can't really communicate outside of fireballs and teeth, but he does get his point across.

He can talk just fine, as I'm pretty sure he openly taunts Samus in ~the lore~. Most of the time though it's just easier to murder everything to death since that's his main job as evil space pirate leaderman.

Ridley is fairly competent and the space pirates under his control regularly kick the teeth out of the "good guys" in the Metroid setting. Unfortunately he comes off as kind of a chump because he made an enemy out of the one woman that wears a tank and carries 300 missiles around in her pocket, but oh well. It's a livin'.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 28, 2018

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

creationist believer posted:

This is the relative size of Ridley and Samus in the most recent Metroid game.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bowser shrinks down to close to his Smash size in that same very game.

And I'm just as happy for him that the diet worked but that doesn't mean you get to fatshame him at the start of the game.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Wario was always the man who farts. It's the greedy evil mario part that was the mask.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

"survivable" is a stretch

dude exploded in metroid, got rebuilt as a cyborg, exploded again, got rebuilt as a cyborg again but with more phazon, exploded again, he exploded in super metroid and also samus returns somehow, and then his clone showed up and exploded again in fusion and then he was a baby and then grew up and then exploded again

poo poo man, I feel closer to Ridley than anybody else in the cast

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Macaluso posted:

How do you think they’ll handle For Glory this time around? Still just omega stages? Or will they be random if you get omega or battlefield

I'd like to see normal stages with the hazards turned off, but that's mostly because I get kinda bored playing on Definitely Not Final Destination forever.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Raserys posted:

no solidus?? gently caress this game

Look, if they're gonna put the president of the United States ingame, the only logical choice is Michael Wilson.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Assuming we get the matching Mona Pizza song back, :yeah:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Jawbone Greatsword is too big to be in smash, there's just no way

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

How's she gonna fight without a head