Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I have a ton of fondness for SMRPG but yeah those old pre-rendered 3D graphics are ugly as hell. DKC games are also ugly, while stuff like Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island totally hold up aesthetically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hell yeah I love pawgs (Phat rear end Wario Gifs)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I mostly play casually in free for all's with my friends. We do no items or hazards and all that but aren't far into the really technical side of the game. I usually play Isabelle and ruin people's time with the gyroid and fishing rod for fun frags. What are her best options for close range or 1v1 fights? Most other characters seem to have a little three hit jab combo if you just tap A, but her little mallet seems terrible.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Took isabelle online and I'm definitely not actually competitive, but since I've been playing smash since 64 I'm able to clown on guys who also suck but are clearly trying hard, doing meta poo poo like edge guarding or whatever and I just kinda run around doing attacks based on feel.

Mapping the right stick to tilts helps a fuckin ton.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Put Hotline Miami in Smash

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I want that Halo collection on the Switch and I also want Master Chief in Smash.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Relevant Tangent posted:

I wish my partners wouldn't taunt the other team in quickplay. Isabelle you have one kill, stop teabagging. Bowser as the voice of polite smashing is pretty hypocritical though all things considered. I wish there was a "nice try" emote in game.

Lol if you think emotes wouldn't be used exclusively to BM like on hearthstone.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I don't get why people are flipping out about the gun when bayo had four of them and Kirby can snatch those too.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Skeletome posted:

Guys I need advice. I love playing Ridley but realised he's all I play.

I like characters with range on their attacks who are fun to play off stage. Mewtwo is pretty cool but doesn't hit that same itch of meteor smashing or hitting a mid air skewer?

Who should I try? Meteor smash or fun off stage moves preferred.

Isabelle is a lot of fun to fish people off the stage and bounce them off the underside. DK’s fair and K Rool’s bair are both really fun to land. K Rool also has his sucky cannon to bounce people off the underside of the stage.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Are people thinking they’ll announce the last fighter pass character at the game awards? That’s where joker came out, right?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We go on and on about the best fifth character, but who'd be the worst?

Rabbid Luigi

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Add paper mario. Use companions for special attacks.

Add Boshi.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Strong Bad for smash

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
There are three chorus kids

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I want to get better with dk, but I’m so used to playing characters with ranged attacks I’m struggling. I love his meteor smash moves so I’m trying to get better at playing off the stage but man it’s rough sometimes. Any basic tips or a guide or someone to watch?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Get rivals of aether on steam for the hilariously busted custom characters. Peter griffin vs Obama, sure ok.

The game is legit good though. The main roster is sick, I wish they’d put out some similarly gimmicky characters in smash. The whale dude has to set up puddles that he can then activate to pop into bubbles that deal damage OR he can teleport out of them into an uppercut type move. Stuff like that is really fun.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Me want rhythm heaven.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Wow I really didn’t expect anyone to be mad about this, looks like an awesome addition to the roster with a unique play style. Kids are going to love it. Also re the art style complaints, did everyone forget about game and watch?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Minecraft’s move look cool and unique. I love villager/Isabelle and setting up traps and poo poo.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s good too. Probably the best battle royal game still. The other ones are paced way too slow for my tastes.

I’d rank pubg and apex over it by a pretty large margin. I really hated the building aspect when I just wanted to shoot guys.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I feel like characters usually get released around 7 or 8 EST day of.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Basically confirmed Master Chief reveal at Game Awards.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Are there any like recommended guides or YouTube channels that just go through how to play a specific character. Basic combos and stuff like that?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Give us birdo

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

RBA Starblade posted:

Roast Beefy-o-weefy

Ronnie The Bear enters the fray

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
DK is so drat fun. Roll and spike all day, baby!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

multijoe posted:

I have the opposite problem, where I've played the game like an amateur for nearly two decades and have strong fundamentals but find it extremely hard to learn advanced techniques or integrate them consciously into my playstyle, so I can scrape up against Elite Smash but inevitably but my arse handed to me as soon as I fight someone who has trained to play competitively.

One thing I noticed playing with a friend who only started playing a few years ago, who seems to think very consciously about his actions and can describe in detail what he did in a match, whereas I more or less play on instinct and anything past the last few seconds is pretty much a blur. How do other people play, does that description of playstyles make sense to anyone else?

This is exactly how I play. I have a decent feel for everything but I don’t know how to do many combos or whatever. Playing online I can tell someone when someone is new because they’ll do like a nice 0 to 50 combo on me and then just not know how to play past that. I’m not very good, I’ve just been playing these games for most of my life at this point.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Yeah but I don’t wanna play melee anymore, especially not with sweaty randos.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

b_d posted:

is melee 2 a mod or a typo?

2s meaning teams I’m assuming.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Can you get out of the tekken mans neutral a combo once he hits you?

e: lol

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Tekken man is so loving annoying to fight against goddamn

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I play smash brothers online with my friends and it’s fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Yestermoment posted:

All this hubub about Sora Donald Goofy ©️ but no one is cheering for the real win: Doom Slayer costume.

Would be sick if it had some doom tunes