Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

What will Goku's Final Smash be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Smash Bros. with more swords than ever before.

But for real, really wasn't expecting such a massive turnout like this, it'd pretty drat exciting.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Abroham Lincoln posted:

zelda.... is sheik?!
Nice photoshop. No way Zelda and Sheik could be the same person.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

A Smash game without a playable Waluigi isn't a Smash game worth playing.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

If this truly the ultimate Smash Bros. game then they'll bring back the Fighting Polygon Team.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Is it wrong that half my excitement for this Smash game was for the memes?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

When do we get The Soldier as a character with fifty alts, just him wearing his different hats?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bleck posted:

I can't wait to get another fire emblem rep that plays exactly the loving same

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

All Wario games are good except Master of Disguise.
You take that back.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

codenameFANGIO posted:

Having a savage heart does not necessarily make one evil.
Killing a bunch of scientists does.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

codenameFANGIO posted:

They were evil scientists.
Not really.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

W.T. Fits posted:

In the original games:

Mewtwo was genetically engineered to be a living weapon by a bunch of evil scientists.
Mewtwo is psychic and probably picked up on the facts that his creators not nice people and wanted to use him to do not nice things to other people.
Mewtwo destroyed the lab where he was created and killed all the scientists there.
Mewtwo heads off to a cave that's still fairly near civilization but is otherwise in accessible until the post-game.
Mewtwo then proceeds to... just sit around, not bothering anybody until you head down there, find him and smack him in the face with a Master Ball.

He's not a saint, but I don't think you can argue that he's really much of a villain when, outside of killing his creators and destroying the lab, he hasn't really done anything to hurt or bother anyone else.
I don't remember either the game or manga versions of Mewtwo being made by evil people.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Supercar Gautier posted:

Why is it important to add more villains? Why does there need to be any kind of villain/hero balance? If it's ever a choice between a famous hero and a lovely villain, the hero is the better choice.
I mean, by that logic no balance in the roster matters at all.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Supercar Gautier posted:

My logic is that they should get the coolest and most famous characters from various series, instead of putting in a gross unlikeable character like K Rool in just because he's evil.
But that's incorrect.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Moriatti posted:

So I think the roster is complete. If so, how satisfied would you guys be?
Frankly a bit disappointed. I know we have a huge roster, but so far 99% of it are oldcomers, though at least some with some updates. Half the fun of new Smash games is slowly getting all the new fighters revealed to us as the release date gets closer.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I suppose after having played Budokai Tenkaichi 3, 65 doesn't seem like an offensively large amount to me. I certainly wouldn't mind another ten more or so.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

It's time. Put that Geno in Smash
At this point, with Square playing ball with Cloud, there's literally no excuse not to have him. Didn't Sakurai even want to include him in the past?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

lol at the thread blasting k. rool for not being relevant then getting hype for geno, a side character who appeared in one game 20 years ago that didn't didn't even get a worldwide release
Especially since there are far less relevant characters that have been in the series since the very first game.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Bloop posted:

yeah he seems like a piece of poo poo but who the gently caress cares
This, honestly. It doesn't make Earthworm Jim any less good.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Supercar Gautier posted:

Imagine thinking Earthworm Jim can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man. You may as well ask for Gex or Buck Bumble.
I mean, are we really gonna pretend like every character in the roster is a huge name? There are characters in the roster far less deserving, but only got in because they were in one Nintendo game thirty years ago that no one played. Looking at you, Ice Climbers.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Real talk, I wish Disney would play nice and let Sora get in. Dude would be perfect for the game.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm fine with 3rd party characters so long as they have an actual connection with Nintendo. I dislike the idea of using characters that don't, and even as a big FF fan I still don't think Cloud was the right choice simply because FFVII is not a Nintendo game, even if he has appeared in Nintendo consoles thanks to spinoffs of both Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.
I'm a bit torn. I think they should have a strong connection to Nintendo in some way. However, if they don't have a very strong connection, they should be extremely prominent in gaming culture, like Cloud. Like Tracer was an example earlier, she and any Overwatch character would feel shoehorned and kinda lovely, since the game has nothing to do with Nintendo, and isn't prominent.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I mean, no not really. It certainly isn't comparable at all to the other third-party additions.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think Overwatch should be added, but just for perspective, didn't you say you wanted Earthworm Jim?
I never said that, no.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Dana Crysalis posted:

Honestly when it comes down to 3rd Party, I just want a Belmont. Castlevania is one of the classic "Everyone knows this series" that got its legs on the NES, and Simon Belmont definitely ranks among the top tier of NES stars. I mean seriously, he was even in Captain N, so when you're in the cartoon, I'd say that's classic enough.

Now, the question is, should it be Simon Belmont, the classic?

Or Castlevania 3 style, and make a Pokemon Trainer character? Trevor, Sypha, Grant, Alucard. Bwoop bwoop bwoop.

(The answer is actually Simon because that's way easier and slightly more iconic)
I wouldn't accept anything but the Simon from Captain N.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

Then you would have to include "Excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!" Link, Game Boy, and Captain Lou Albano, though.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

and that turns away the Melee crowd.
Again, you say that like it's a bad thing.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I don't have any particular desire in mind, I just want some sort of story mode to come back akin to Subspace Emissary.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oxyclean posted:

Otacon, why is there a kid on the battlefield?!

Snake! That's not just a kid, that's also a squid!
"Otacon, is that a pterodactyl?!"

"Not quite, Snake. That's Ridley, leader of the notorious Space Pirates!"

"Weird, I feel like he should be bigger..."

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Reminds me of a guy I knew named Michael (Mike) Hunt, the poor guy.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bleck posted:

I would much prefer the actual Joker to [any bullshit anime character]
Let's trade all the Fire Emblem characters for The Joker.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Sora for Smash, but unironically.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

This needs an update now.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 25, 2018

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Reaction vids are pointless and dumb and for the most part obviously people pretending to be more hyped than they actually are.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Vandar posted:

Batman: Arkham Asylum had a huge secret that hinted at the sequel that no one found for a year or two.

It’s possible to still hide secrets in games, it just doesn’t happen often.
There was also that Rainbow Coin in Donkey Kong 64 that even with internet communities, datamining, and emulators no one found until last year.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

multijoe posted:

When Lucario goes above 100% the Ultra Instinct theme should play
They should save that for when Goku uses his Final Smash.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Unpopular opinion: There should be no characters at all, only empty stages.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Rainuwastaken posted:

Unfortunately he comes off as kind of a chump because he made an enemy out of the one woman that wears a tank and carries 300 missiles around in her pocket, but oh well. It's a livin'.
To be fair, he cheats death as a hobby, so it all evens out.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

People are questioning what Waluigi could possibly do when Captain Falcon was just a guy that drove a car before Smash came along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bring back that unused Hat Kong.