Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Rabbid Peach or I impeach my Sweetch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

I don't think the five new characters statement is real

Where are people getting the five new characters statement

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

multijoe posted:

It's in the OP

Oh I skipped over the whole thing cause I thought it was just a nonsense silly E3 OP :v:

But yeah I agree if they count Snake and Ice Climbers as "newcomers" I'm gonna be annoyed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RC Cola posted:

I'll pay $1000 for banjo

I'll pay $2000 for Shovel Knight

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Countblanc posted:

Everyone stop posting until the announcement so I know when something happened

who the gently caress is scraeming "STOP POSTING" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never stop posting

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

One of my friends is like "if this direct is only smash bros i'm gonna walk away disappointed. smash is just not my cup of tea" and well my friends he is dead now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

They already announced the Inklings I really hope they aren’t part of the five newcomers if that’s true

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

I want to believe that it's a safe bet that the characters who were banished to the Mii Fighter Outfit realm in Smash 4 will be the newcomers are full-fledged characters. Lloyd, King K Rule, Geno, and the fan favorite

Platinum Games lead developer Hideki Kamiya.

His shield never breaks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hyped as hell that everyone is back, including Wolf. Really wanted more new character reveals though besides 1 and a half :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm so excited Wolf is back. I hate Fox and Falco is whatever. Wolf felt so much better to me than those two and him fighting with his claws kicked rear end compared to the other two.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's a shame they picked the inferior old and busted Callie and Marie for the assist trophy instead of the objectively superior Marina and Pearl

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Harrow posted:

I wouldn't expect more than one or two more newcomers. Sakurai specifically said that their focus was on bringing everyone back and we shouldn't expect too many newcomers.

That said I would be surprised if there wasn't one more. Hopefully Simon Belmont--that rumor's been around a while and getting some Castlevania in here would be very welcome. Two more would be fantastic, but seems slightly less likely.

One or two more would be super disappointing, gigantic roster already existing aside. Hopefully DLC after the game is finished keeps coming. I know people are gonna be like "there's already so many characters can't you just be happy!" and I get that side. But I can't pretend I wouldn't be disappointed by only getting one or two newcomers after this morning.

It also doesn't help that I think the model/design they went for with Ridley is loving ugly as hell. I liked the Smashified rendition where everything is a lot softer and the purple is a lot brighter.

edit: That all being said I'm STILL excited for the possibility of Simon Belmont, even if I've never gotten into Castlevania before. Specifically I hope they try to incorporate his movement from the NES games into this moveset, like the way his jump works.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wyvernil posted:

My guess would be somewhere around 70-72 characters. So a lower number of newcomers compared to earlier Smash games.

So we have the Inklings, Ridley, plus five to seven more. If we're counting echo characters, those might fill up a few slots as well.

I will never count echo characters :colbert: I will allow for a single Ecco character

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Has Knuckles appeared on the stream at all as an assist trophy? He shows up for a second in the fighter video for Sonic, but it's not clear. I REALLY REALLY hope he's an echo character and not an assist trophy, that would be dope as hell. All of Sonic's movesets work perfectly fine with Knuckles too, lots of punching and kicking (just make him move slower). The only thing that would be different I think would be his final smash, cause super knuckles isn't really ever depicted as flying around in the games like Super Sonic does. Althought I guess there also hasn't really been a super knuckles since the old games + mania

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What about Shadow?

Um. Shadow deserves a full character slot

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

make knuckles the full character and treat shadow like the clone he is

How dare you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

wait did Dr. Mario show up at all in the videos?

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/18.html

Bluff Buster posted:

Super Mario RPG music. :toot:

Oh snap :aaa:

Also I LOVE that they changed Bowser final smash to be reminiscent of Yoshi's Island, the greatest video game ever made

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Please Smash players. Brush your teeth.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Please don't

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Which smash boy am i rooting for folks? Who is the good one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:chloe: :chloe: :chloe: :chloe:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh that's right one of them has a kitty in their picture. I'm rooting for the cat man

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I like that they just made a whole stage based around everyone's favorite part of that one Zelda stage

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That like Ganon mega punch was rad as hell

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rooting for Bowser

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Knuckles is just an assist trophy :qq:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh my god the launch star :lol:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can someone make :psyboom: but with :chloe:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Alolan Vulpix spotted :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

black hole + launch star = :discourse:

Crane game?? = :discourse: :discourse:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pacman got hosed up by the fake smash ball

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The new smoke effect when they get launched looks very nice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ivysaur has some great animations

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Diggin the change to Sonic's final smash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

Probably not with the 1v1 settings. They'd better pop out under normal conditions.

Wait can you turn off stage hazards now?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That Bomber Man assist rules

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kirby :qq: :qq:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

HD version of that Pokemon stage :swoon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bayonetta still seems strong lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't think of very many other venues at E3 where a football player would be more out of place