Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone translate this to English for me

Sorry about that, it was too wordy initially so I rewrote it and obviously missed a couple of words. Wazzu got it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Holy moly the Raw thread had under 400 posts, that has to be a record low for this forum right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Honestly I'm surprised it got that many, considering E3 and the big political story of the day. It certainly didn't help the show hasn't exactly been on fire recently, of course.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

A compliment sandwich for the Jinder/Roman feud:

- It is at least more watchable than the endless, dire Zayn/Lashley segments.
- It still isn't good, and the Chicago crowd will probably forgo their pee break to trash it. You'll hear more CM Punk chants than you did at MITB '11.
- Roman seems like he's having fun again. "Beat up a Singh" is an easy crowd-pleaser, but it's better than "bejeweled dick Roman bemoans the state of labor in the WWE."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I had Raw on for like 45 minutes then decided to continue reading Hickman's Fantastic Four run. It's really good. Way better than WWE.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Personally I found Corbin's new look and hammy smugness made for a subtly hilarious tandem.

Both four ways good, everything else bad. Think the card for Sunday is pretty darn good though. The more time that passes the more I think Demon King Balor goes over Braun at SummerSlam.

The Sunday card looks okay, but I'm going to be dying by the end of hour six when Roman comes out.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

A compliment sandwich for the Jinder/Roman feud:

- It is at least more watchable than the endless, dire Zayn/Lashley segments.
- It still isn't good, and the Chicago crowd will probably forgo their pee break to trash it. You'll hear more CM Punk chants than you did at MITB '11.
- Roman seems like he's having fun again. "Beat up a Singh" is an easy crowd-pleaser, but it's better than "bejeweled dick Roman bemoans the state of labor in the WWE."

I agree with all of this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Usually I'll at least watch PPVs live because why not. And I know MITB has the potential to, at the least, be a fun spotfest. But after no longer watching Raw and Smackdown and focusing on indies and NJPW, it's so hard to want to watch a main roster show at all.

Will it be worth it to watch it live? Should I just catch it later and fast forward the bad parts? How are the regular watching goons feeling about it?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

Usually I'll at least watch PPVs live because why not. And I know MITB has the potential to, at the least, be a fun spotfest. But after no longer watching Raw and Smackdown and focusing on indies and NJPW, it's so hard to want to watch a main roster show at all.

Will it be worth it to watch it live? Should I just catch it later and fast forward the bad parts? How are the regular watching goons feeling about it?

I'm possibly the biggest WWE apologist on the forum and I'm going to watch live but I doubt you'll lose anything by not doing so.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWE PPVs are always a crapshoot, you can generally rely on MITB at least to have one match that is crazy and/or exciting and justify watching the show, a Chicago crowd is usually pretty on fire, and I'm still holding out hope that they FINALLY allow an AJ/Nakamura match to have a proper ending.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

WWE PPVs are always a crapshoot, you can generally rely on MITB at least to have one match that is crazy and/or exciting and justify watching the show, a Chicago crowd is usually pretty on fire, and I'm still holding out hope that they FINALLY allow an AJ/Nakamura match to have a proper ending.

Lol they are going to extend it to Extreme Rules.

Also some potentially good news regarding the MITB card. Or not. Depends on your outlook on things. The talk is that Ronda vs Nia will be a very short match, however it is one of the front runners to be the actual main event of MITB.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jerusalem posted:

If Shinsuke/AJ goes 20+ minutes with Shinsuke winning, and one of Finn/Joe wins MITB, the show will be a huge success

I have no idea what I want to happen in womens MITB or Rousey/Nia, but both of those could be cool as well

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Phenix Rising posted:

I'll only watch PPVs if I have literally nothing else in my life going on, I haven't missed anything by just watching the PPV the next day or just reading results online. I'll catch segments on YT if they sound good enough or total trainwrecks and that's probably the best way to consume WWE right now because it's maybe 15-30 minutes a week

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Ronda/Nia is just a classic Ronda MMA match, but worked, it would be perfect.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Targeted MITB banner ads I'm seeing have been focusing on BADDEST WOMAN VS. IRRESISTIBLE FORCE, so yeah. I'd be more into it – y'know, more than the "kinda not really" I currently am – if they'd give them managers; hearing Nia give a rundown on the style differences between WWE and UFC doesn't even sound passable on paper. But Vince and managers, man.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I will watch Smackdown and NXT, and whatever PPV is on that week. RAW is too awful to dedicate my full attention to. I'll sometimes leave it on in the background, but most of the time I'll turn on a video game or do some work instead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anymore I just read or play Splatoon while Raw is on in the background.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I watched Man v Food reruns instead of RAW lol

I briefly switched to RAW at one point, saw that it was the beginning of the Lashley/Zayn obstacle course, got severe WCW flashbacks and switched right back

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
my wife and i spent the entire ronda/nia segment making fun of their identical, very dumb speaking cadences so i don't really remember what they said during it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

shiksa posted:

my wife and i spent the entire ronda/nia segment making fun of their identical, very dumb speaking cadences so i don't really remember what they said during it

I kinda liked the end where Ronda said "i wasn't supposed to do X, then i did X" and ended with "i'm ronda rousey and i do what i want" or whatever it was

But yeah she needs a poo poo ton of work as a talker. Also i wish she wouldn't smile so much (is she corpsing?)

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Professor Funk posted:

I kinda liked the end where Ronda said "i wasn't supposed to do X, then i did X" and ended with "i'm ronda rousey and i do what i want" or whatever it was

But yeah she needs a poo poo ton of work as a talker. Also i wish she wouldn't smile so much (is she corpsing?)

Not corpsing, she has said in interviews how much more fun she's having perfoming instead of competing in the UFC

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Professor Funk posted:

whatever nia's currently doing is honestly worse. it was just funny that ronda also kinda had the same bad cadence going, but nia's upward inflection on every line is outta control.

uh, we met in the theatre major at college

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i really hope their match is a quick squash because unless they've been rehearsing for months it's just gonna be a train wreck

i did think ronda bumped well, though, so that's good

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

shiksa posted:

whatever nia's currently doing is honestly worse. it was just funny that ronda also kinda had the same bad cadence going, but nia's upward inflection on every line is outta control.

uh, we met in the theatre major at college

People who talk with upward inflection at the end of every line are literally worse than Trump, Hitler, Kim Jong Un, Stalin, and Anthony Cumia combined.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Troxartas posted:

Not corpsing, she has said in interviews how much more fun she's having perfoming instead of competing in the UFC

Iirc she's also been a big fan of wrestling since she was a kid. She just genuinely is enjoying herself.

It also somewhat explains her heel attitude in the UFC.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Roman/Jinder is going to 1up Roman/Joe by making the crowd leave during the match instead of immediately at the conclusion.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

Roman/Jinder is going to 1up Roman/Joe by making the crowd leave during the match instead of immediately at the conclusion.

See, I think people will stick around to gleefully poo poo on it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Braun should kill everyone but then be unable to find a ladder that supports him. He just keeps stepping on ladders and they keep breaking for like 20 minutes until he leaves defeated.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

am i bad and wrong for getting slightly tired of Braun?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He's pretty one-note, but that's still a note higher than what most of the roster is being given to work with.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

He's pretty one-note, but that's still a note higher than what most of the roster is being given to work with.

True, I do enjoy him, and I guess I can't complain that WWE has booked him as strongly as they have. I'm just skeptical that they can give him tense, dramatic feuds given the way he's been booked.

That said, him and Balor have done a good job at making me believe he's kinda maybe vulnerable in the past few weeks.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

He really, really needs an actual accomplishment/title win instead of this thing of meaningless accolades like the oil belt.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It would also help if they gave braun more ways to lose than "runs into a pole"

Those things must be made of loving Strowmanite

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, there's been zero payoff to anything Braun-related recently. Sweet feud set up between him and Brock: Ends with two dud matches, one with added Kane. Looks like he's going after HHH after Survivor Series: Nothing comes of it. Eliminates almost everyone in the Chamber, kinda flukey loss to Roman (who he used to WANT TO MURDER): Nothing more happens. Feuding with The Bar: Comedy piss break match at Mania, wins belts with kid, gives belts up.

I guess "flirts with Alexa" is a thing with continuity, and he murdered Kane, but eh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Frankly I kinda like that there's someone in Braun's position right now: a constant threat that doesn't really stays in title contention but is still someone you can call up at any time when you need a "gently caress ME" reaction from a title holder. It's very hard to book someone like that, we had Taker but now he's old as gently caress and Brock but...well, see current reign.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You're gonna get Braun dancing in a diaper à la Big Show and drat it you're gonna love it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I feel that Braun has been affected more negatively by Brock's never-ending reign than anybody else. There's been so many moments since he got hot where the situation was perfect to put the ball in his hands and let him run with it. Dude's still a star and they'd have to gently caress with him even more to kill his heat, but just think of how mega-over he'd be right now if he'd been given the chance to be the guy.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Braun's feud with Roman was way more beneficial to both parties than anything in Roman/Brock.

Braun should've taken the belt off Brock at No Mercy and dropped it to Roman at Mania

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
His iron is still hot but but cooling. They should strike soon or find a way to reheat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Klauser posted:

His iron is still hot but but cooling. They should strike soon or find a way to reheat it.

What if he loses to Roman? But it's like..it's really close you guys. And then he beats up Roman a little after the match to 'stay strong'.

Hire me WWE I can produce exactly what you're looking for.

• Locked thread