Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
But none of this matters.

The WWE is the only show in town. They could lose 10,000 viewers a week and they'd still make money hand over fist because they've refined every aspect of the company outside of the actual wrestling show part to just poo poo cash.

It'll never get better, there's no incentive for it to get better because WWE is just immune to the market at this point.

If I were Kenny, the only way I'd ever take a WWE contract is if it's written into my contract that a) I debut and win the Rumble b) I win the Main Event of Wrestlemania for the Title, where "Main Event" is defined as the last match on the card and "Title" is defined as whichever of the WWE/Universal Titles are defended on Raw c) I am guaranteed to hold the title for 6 months. Because it's the only way I don't get ratfucked by booking as soon as I show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I really enjoyed Alexa and Becky's Smackdown feud. (Perhaps unsurprisingly given that it involved my favourite heel and face in the division)

I thought the match where Alexa dislocated here arm to beat Becky in a title defense was great. I thought the Luchadora antics that followed were hilarious in the same way I enjoyed the Conquistadors back in the attitude era.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

fatherofmustard posted:

The Becky/Alexa feud was pretty bad IMO. Alexa stood tall in almost all of their segments and made Becky look like a chump.

Yes. Alexa was not established, did really good mic work and got herself over and was rewarded by going over strong in the feud.

It's textbook good booking.

Alexa and Becky's treatment subsequent to that feud is different and you're right to be critical. Becky in particular deserves so much more than she gets that it's screamingly frustrating to watch (like most WWE).

• Locked thread