Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

WWE PPVs are always a crapshoot, you can generally rely on MITB at least to have one match that is crazy and/or exciting and justify watching the show, a Chicago crowd is usually pretty on fire, and I'm still holding out hope that they FINALLY allow an AJ/Nakamura match to have a proper ending.

Lol they are going to extend it to Extreme Rules.

Also some potentially good news regarding the MITB card. Or not. Depends on your outlook on things. The talk is that Ronda vs Nia will be a very short match, however it is one of the front runners to be the actual main event of MITB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I will watch Smackdown and NXT, and whatever PPV is on that week. RAW is too awful to dedicate my full attention to. I'll sometimes leave it on in the background, but most of the time I'll turn on a video game or do some work instead.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1006651173334650880?s=21

Sin Cara will not be able to compete tonight. RIP Cara.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The crowd last night wasn't very good in general, to be honest. They got riled up for a few spots, but otherwise did not care about most things happening on the show.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The_Rob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-IMeTeO58

It's so weird to see wwe acknowledge the young bucks and omega.

It's probably because they are gearing up to enter a massive bidding war with NJPW to get Omega/Bucks under contract in early 2019. Pretty sure Vince/Triple H are prepared to back up literal semi-trucks full of money to their houses in order to get them to sign.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

They consider Nia a top level star.

That they're wrong doesn't change that they think this is a high profile thing.

The main roster women's division in general is a mess. Unless you have connections (Nia's related to The Rock, and Charlotte is related to Ric Flair) or are blond (Charlotte, Alexa, Carmella, and probably Mandy before too long), you aren't getting featured as a top star. Or you won't get the spotlight on you for a decent amount of time. In ring talent be damned. It's a pretty big problem on the main roster. But I think the root of the problem is that Vince has a problem with the women's division as it is right now, because he's trying to find the next Trish Stratus, despite the fact that there are many women on the roster who aren't blond or have connections who could outwrestle and most likely outdraw Trish if WWE actually got behind them. In NXT it's not really an issue.

It's a problem with WWE booking as a whole really. At least on the main roster. The main roster creative teams intentionally book you to expose your flaws, instead of trying to hide or fix them (like what NXT does). There are two simple ways to significantly improve WWE's product that won't cost them money. 1) Stop forcing awful scripts/segments onto talent. Give them a list of bullet points to hit, and let them write their own stuff or go unscripted. 2) Stop booking your talent around the idea that their flaws must be front and center at all times. You should try and hide them, or remedy them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 14, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think another big problem with WWE is they like putting all of their eggs into one basket when it comes to pushing people. This is a pretty big problem on the main roster. Unless you are the challenger or the actual champion, you aren't getting a decent push. And the title picture state in main roster WWE right now is pretty...questionable for the most part.

RAW:

- Universal Title: It's held by Brock who only shows up once every 3-4 months.

- Intercontinental Title: It's held by Seth Rollins who is busting his rear end off defending it. Really not much to say here.

- RAW Tag Team Championships: No one really cares about these. Because main roster tag teams are treated like a joke for the most part.

- RAW Women's Championship: It's being held by Nia Jax who is godawful. And if Ronda wins it, I fully expect her to eventually drift into Brock Lesnar territory when she does win it. I certainly don't expect her to ever wrestle in an actual singles match on RAW. She'll appear more, but I wouldn't expect her to wrestle outside of PPVs and maybe a handful of house shows.

Smackdown:

- WWE Title: Held by AJ Styles, who is caught in a pretty painful angle with Nakamura. I can't believe I'm typing that TYOOL 2018, but here we are.

- US Title: Held by Jeff Hardy, who is good, but I wouldn't be shocked if he loses the title soon. He recently had his license suspended, and WWE will use that as an excuse to take the title off of him.

- Smackdown Tag Team Championships: No one really cares about these. Because main roster tag teams are treated like a joke for the most part. Also Smackdown's tag team division is pretty barren right now in terms of challengers for the Bludgeon Brothers (we all know Anderson and Gallows aren't winning).

- Smackdown Women's Championship: Held by Carmella who is super green at best (or downright awful, depending on your perspective). Better than Nia, but still far from ideal considering there are much more talented women in the division who the belt can go on. Carmella is basically the female Enzo when it comes to in ring stuff.

I would cover NXT, but for the most part, their titles actually mean something and can be seen as prestigious. The only one I don't really care about right now is the NXT title. And that's because Lars Sullivan vs Alister Black is an incredibly uninteresting feud for me. And 205 Live lives in its own alternate reality right now.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 14, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Latest Observer newsletter reported that Charlotte will be taking time off after Money in the Bank to get some surgery done. She will be gone until around Summerslam time. So late July/early August.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The best Tale of the Tape so far, in my opinion.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dr. Baker posted:

Where is Noam Dar?

He's been cleared to return this week apparently, but they probably don't have a use for him yet.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/scottnicmoore/status/1007651559080067072

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1007652366781505537

:chloe:

I guess this is one way to ensure you aren't being brought back for commentary for the MYC 2.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1007935595362971650?s=19

There is the big Australia show that has been hinted at.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
We'll have to wait and see what happens after Smackdown on Tuesday, because I doubt this feud is over. Asuka is likely going to get to destroy Ellsworth. And Asuka vs Carmella is being advertised for Extreme Rules as of two days ago.

Speaking of title changes, Alexa Bliss cashed in and won the RAW Women's title. The main roster Women's Division is in a really bad place right now with Alexa and Carmella as champs. I mean Alexa is an improvement over Nia, but still not good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

At least Keith Lee and Io Shirai get exposure, because they sure won't get good booking

They'll be fine in NXT, and at least its likely Io gets an extended stay down there to help elevate the division (both on tv and behind the scenes). Keith Lee is probably toast though. Vince will see him and package him as the son of Big Daddy V.

...It's really sad I have more faith in NXT these days to do things right than actual main roster creative. Goddamnit Vince. :negative:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Both women's divisions are bad right now. On RAW you have Alexa Bliss as the champion, and on Smackdown you have Carmella. It's like WWE is actively trying to go back to the divas era now. At least NXT's women's division is still good, because at least Triple H doesn't push talent based off of looks alone. :shobon:

What I'm saying is NXT is good. Main roster is bad. I hope people like Sasha, Asuka, Becky etc can find their way back to NXT and extend the show to two hours. Same goes for the Revival, AOP, etc.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I wouldn't put too much of my hopes on the idiotic daughter and the doofus son-in-law.

NXT Takeovers pretty much always beat the poo poo out of whatever WWE PPV airs the day after. And NXT is ran (and mostly booked) by Triple H. He seems to be less...random than Vince is when it comes to telling stories as well. If we get even a quarter of NXT level booking on the main roster, it would be a VAST improvement over what we get now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I dunno how true it is, but...(potential future spoiler) Ellsworth is apparently only contracted for a few appearances. If that's the case, I expect him to get the holy hell beat out of him this week or next week, most likely setting up a rematch at Extreme Rules for Asuka and Carmella. Or they'll write him off at ER, in a 2v1 handicap match. Asuka vs Carmella and Ellsworth.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I sorta wonder if WWE is still planning on running Reigns vs Mahal II at Extreme Rules next month. Especially since its in Pittsburgh.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Can't wait for smackdown when Asuka loses her contract rematch because she gets distracted and counted out by a particularly shiny penny at ringside for over a minute because thats her gimmick now

She doesn't get a rematch since she was never champion. That being said, she's advertised to be competing at Extreme Rules, most likely against Carmella again, since they are the only two SDL women advertised as of a few hours ago.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh yeah. I kinda forgot she wasn't the champion for a moment because it kinda seems like she should be? OK, then sub in "loses a handicap match to Mella and Ellsworth" in my prediction

Doubt it. I have a strong feeling if Asuka is facing both Ellsworth and Carmella at Extreme Rules (most likely for the title), Asuka is winning. Ellsworth has a ton of indy dates still lined up in late July through October, and if WWE had signed him to a contract, they would have had him cancel those dates. So I can see Ellsworth getting tapped out by Asuka, costing Carmella the title, and as a result, Carmella "dumps" him again (she then goes on to lose her obligatory rematch probably the following Tuesday).

Basically from what I've seen, he's only going to be making a handful of appearances and then loving off again. Dave also mentioned that Charlotte is going to be missing until late July, after which she's going to start setting up her Summerslam program, which will probably be Asuka vs Charlotte II.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, when you look back on it, its amazing that all three members of the "Staten Island Trio" (Enzo, Cass, Carmella) are complete garbage in the ring. I wonder if Triple H regrets signing them? Well I mean Enzo is gone, but Big rear end and Carmella are still around. I do think in the case of Carmella, she has some job security by being blonde, but I do think that once someone like Lacey Evans comes up, Carmella is likely going to be pushed down the card back into jobber purgatory.

Either way, I don't think Carmella is getting another title reign after she drops the SD Women's title. I can't imagine WWE was too pleased with having to bring back Ellsworth in an attempt to salvage her reign.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For your reference, PWInsider Elite Audio apparently reported that James Ellsworth has signed a short term deal with the company. They aren't ruling out a long term deal either, but with all of his indy dates still up in late July through October, I don't see it being a long term deal (WWE would want him to cancel those dates before signing, since they are so far out). Odds are Asuka is going to kill both Carmella and James at Extreme Rules, and that'll be his write off.

• Locked thread