Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Whenever I see Jinder mentioned I can never not think about that botch at GRR. His match with Roman will be horrendously bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

I watched Man v Food reruns instead of RAW lol

I briefly switched to RAW at one point, saw that it was the beginning of the Lashley/Zayn obstacle course, got severe WCW flashbacks and switched right back

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

You're gonna get Braun dancing in a diaper la Big Show and drat it you're gonna love it

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

lol

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

If this company gave a poo poo 205 Live would air before SmackDown when the crowd is eager to get warmed up

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

fart blood posted:

Because no one in the new generation was a big time draw?
TL Hopper was a draw, brother

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yes cause the WWE has a real good track record of pushing super hot acts from other companies as top stars when they come in like Ric Flair's first run, LOD's first run, Goldberg's first run...oh
What was wrong with Flair's first run? He won the first ever (and only?) Rumble where the WWF Title was on the line, which was a big deal at the time.

Was it his feud with Savage? Or dropping the title out of nowhere to Bret Hart?

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Here's my take: Vince is a geriatric retard

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

I re-subbed to the Network on the day of Mania just so I could avoid watching it at a bar. I'm planning on canceling it after SummerSlam, but will likely sub right back to it in time for Survivor Series because I am a stupid idiot!

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Sure why not

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Early 99 was weird.
The good old days of "crash booking" and five-minute matches that always ended in a DQ

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Benne posted:

Why would you want to watch a HHH/Undertaker match in 2018
Related: Cena/HHH at GRR was straight out of 1985 lol

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Should I watch MitB tonight or go out for ribs with a friend visiting from out of town?

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

fatherofmustard posted:

Alexa stood tall
lol

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

the escape goat posted:

There is plenty of interest in the women's division, and the fact that they're getting more time and being treated as legitimate wrestlers rather than a sideshow is a pretty big deal, especially for female viewers and all the young girls that look up to wrestlers as role models. I know of many young girls who have incredible respect for the women's division and think "I could do that when I grow up" in a far healthier way than watching bra and panties matches or weird strip poker segments.

The women's division is a big deal in so many ways, and boo hoo for you that you have to go through the effort of fast-forwarding through something far more spectacular than having Roman and Jinder on our screens week in and week out.

Whinging about how all the women's matches aren't in a row so you can ignore the PPV for 30 minutes because the women still only get short matches unless it's a gimmick like MITB or Elimination Chamber? Seriously?

Literally complaining about "women's equality" about a company that will do PPVs in a country that wouldn't even allow women to show up on screen is quite a take.

As a female smark, I have one final thing to say to ya-

Go gently caress yourself.
triggered???

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Has Coachman always been this bad? He seems to have gotten infinitely worse between now and his first run with WWE. I think being on ESPN got to his head.

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

I'm imagining Alexa doing her best Paul Heyman impression and it's making me laugh

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

CarlCX posted:

don't do this dumb poo poo
bite me

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

All I could keep thinking about during Jinder/Roman was "Jinder would be an impressive wrestler if this were the 80s"

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Cass is a shittier Kevin Nash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cavallingus
Apr 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

sticklefifer posted:

The comparison was more about his body type and how everyone is like "RARRGH CASS IS IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGE" when people were saying the same poo poo 20 years ago. Wrestling internet exaggerates so much and so consistently it's tiring.
I didn't have a forums account at the time and maybe I was just reading the wrong sites back then, but I don't really remember Edge ever being shat on.

• Locked thread