Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

^^^ I'll go with Sony's E3 conference

The fatal 4-ways were both very fun and I didn't mind the picture-in-picture bits cause they came at times the wrestlers were down on the mat anyway so they weren't a huge intrusion.

Very hype for both the MitB matches. I expect the women's one to be a step up from last year because then you had women without any real experience in gimmick matches but this time they know what they're doing a bit more plus you've got Sasha and Alexa who've done some big spots and Ember is just nuts anyway so it should be real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

bradzilla posted:

The MitB card actually looks pretty lovely outside of the MitB matches and the WWE title match.

Nia vs. Ronda
Carmella vs. Asuka
Roman vs. Jinder
Lashley vs. Sami
Rollins vs. Elias
Bryan vs. Cass
Bludgeon Bros vs. Gallows/Anderson

High potential in all of those matches to be badly wrestled, badly booked or a horrid combination of both.

I agree, it will be dumb if they don't give Elias the belt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

Page is the dullest and blandest member of the Bullet Club so of course he's the one WWE likes the most

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

I only see the Elite going to WWE if they're given the AJ Styles of treatment of instant main roster callup and instant big push. It wouldn't be worth it to them otherwise.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

This is a Public Service Announcement everyone should go check out Pete Dunne and Kyle O'Reilly on the latest NXT because it's really loving good please and thank you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

Guys, this is your regular reminder that WWE PPVs may be dull and lifeless but Takeovers always deliver

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

Go for ribs with your friend. Play the network on your phone so you don't miss a minute.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

Aw boo Finn lost again

The men's match was all right with a couple of big spots but overall I liked the women's match way more. They went all out and there was way more brutal hits overall

For how limited Nia is in the ring I thought Rousey/Nia was very good. Rousey's going to be really awesome once she gets a bit of experience and some decent opponents.

Rarity fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2018 around 07:49

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

Aphrodite posted:

I guess that means she's the Finn Balor of the women's division.

Hold me back, guys. Hold me back!

Minidust posted:

The brand split and women's equality stuff is really messing with the structure of these shows now. It was weird having two women's title matches AND a women's MITB. Like the level of heat/interest in the women's division is not nearly high enough to justify all three of those segments. Yet all three have become mandatory. That's not good!

The women's matches were the only decent matches of the night though. And between Rousey, Asuka and ladder chaos there was enough heat to cover all three easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

From Montreal to Memphis
Parlez-vous francais?

bradzilla posted:

It was pretty good. I think Ronda will be really good once she learns how to promo.

The biggest problem with Ronda right now is there's a huge disconnect between in-ring Ronda and promo Ronda. Promo Ronda is awful and I don't give a poo poo about her but as soon as she turned into in-ring Ronda last night I remembered how great she was at WM and was instantly sucked in to seeing how she got on against Nia.

• Locked thread