Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

all the title record stuff doesn't matter anyway since they were with two different titles, and the universal title doesn't really have a lineage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

I will try to get that answered. Takeover weeks are good to get info as everyone is real chatty.

One thing I've always forgotten to ask and just learnt today is that NXT wrestlers do get paid for live events and Takeovers. One stage that wasn't true. But Bayley and NXT Brooklyn and a mild social media outcry (Meltzer reported it) was the impetus for that change. Go Bayley.

no wonder they bury her

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

his treat is being the highest paid non-part timer

sami tries to do the awful action of helping orphans in syria when the saudi kingdom wants them dead and ends up in the worst feud of the year to who i'm convinced is the worst person on the roster

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seriously gently caress you if you say "well Bobby Lashley was good in TNA" or some poo poo, nobody watches it and it can't even claim some underground cred

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

People treat WWE doing terrible, awful booking with their favs as the WWE punishing someone when in actual fact the bookers are trying their hardest and this is what you get.

depends on the moment to moment, most is just poo poo but sami isn't even a fav and this feels like punishment booking for the saudi thing

plus there's plenty of precedent for spite booking for doing what corbin and bayley did

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lmao what a dork

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said Vince isn't committing to/confirming any dates for Brock, so while the expectation is still him vs Reigns is the Summerslam main event, the current reality is Brock's literally not scheduled for anything right now for the company the rest of the year :lol:

the universal title is a joke outside of, like, that one month goldberg had it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

And re: Amman. Given he has admitted in open court to violating HIPAA, distributing prescription medicine without prescription or proper records, and to having a relationship with a current patient. Will he suffer any consequences?

no

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

Goldberg squashing Owens is the moment the Universal Championship died. I firmly believe this.

We're gonna have to disagree on this because Jericho letting Goldberg be Goldberg all over the title and the greatest 5 minute match in at least WWE history at Mania were the only cool things that happened with the title. KO's reign wasn't great but if he was going to be squashed for the title all three players in that made it really fun in Goldberg being Goldberg, Jericho being Jericho and the booking leading to his arrival, and KO was great at stalling for 4 or 5 minutes in entertaining ways

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

well that summerslam 4 way was cool and the joe/brock feud was pretty cool but that match was... well it was a brock match

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

The Lesnar vs. Goldberg match at Mania is exactly as cool as it is whether or not it's for the title. The Universal Title match at WM33 should've been Jericho vs. Owens. I 100% believe this.

You know I can't argue with any part of this sentence.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Niwrad posted:

I agree with this.

It was also dumb when they made Rock vs Cena for the title instead of just leaving it on Punk and having him in a meaningful match.

I'm with Punk and it should have been an Elimination Triple Threat with Punk being the first one pinned.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

#BeatUpJohnCena was cool I guess.

as was AJ with them vs Roman and the Usos

underrated feud imo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oh no that's a bad look, Jim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter