Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blind Sally posted:

hey, maybe they're composting toilets and this jail facility is just super green!

That'd be within the realm of possibility if this game is set during the Carter administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I like the inverse law of obstacles they have here. Hardened padlock? A nearby rock oughta do it. Solid metal doors? Just push harder. Big bolt securing a grate with wide openings in the bars? THIS NEEDS THE PROPER TOOLS WE MUST BREAK BACK INTO OUR CELLS

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kangra posted:

I like the inverse law of obstacles they have here. Hardened padlock? A nearby rock oughta do it. Solid metal doors? Just push harder. Big bolt securing a grate with wide openings in the bars? THIS NEEDS THE PROPER TOOLS WE MUST BREAK BACK INTO OUR CELLS
If only there had been a short wooden stick lying around nearby to bend the bars with.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

How did I miss this for the last week? I've got to make up for lost time.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hey ya'll it turns out breaking out of prison is actually super easy and anybody could do it? Especially two complete bozos with no plan whatsoever.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I'm sort of hoping after these two bozos get out it turns out they're both after different Harveys and just sort of assumed it was the same guy. It won't be but I can dream.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

I'm sort of hoping after these two bozos get out it turns out they're both after different Harveys and just sort of assumed it was the same guy. It won't be but I can dream.

:emptyquote:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So why did you need to distract the two guards blocking the way to your cell, which you are clearly allowed to go to?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Probably to avoid a patdown.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tenebrais posted:

So why did you need to distract the two guards blocking the way to your cell, which you are clearly allowed to go to?

Extra sheeets.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

What was that overhead door for? That didn't appear to be the laundry room, but I don't know what that room would have been for. There's a little dock there but there's clearly no way for a truck or vehicle to actually get up to it. There was a guard tower off to the right but why was there just a random door that led from the inside of the prison directly to the woods outside? Who designed this place?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

I want mutton-chop Vinnie to be hunting a six-foot-tall rabbit pooka.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Garrand posted:

Who designed this place?

The guys who made Boatmurdered?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Yall we got some real good rear end fanart hot from the tweeter, god bless this good artist

https://twitter.com/AlenBlaekovi/status/1010671573861392384

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Woo boy hey this episode has some PLOT stuff! Also it turns out the boys are real naturey types and they show us how to kick fish.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am getting the sense this Harvey character may be a bit of a bad man.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I'm genuinely surprised and delighted that the game gives you the "gently caress it just blast through the bridge" option.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I'm curious if the subsequent part of the map is different if you take the under-bridge route, but I'm also sure that I couldn't resist "get in car, FLOOR IT" if I was playing myself.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I think everyone in this game must just be incredibly dumb. The protagonists break out of jail with no plan and may be starting a forest fire, the police are all blind and deaf, and at the rate Harvey makes enemies it’s a miracle nobody else has killed him already.

In short this is hilarious :allears: keep the dumbass train rolling you two.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Okay, here it is yall. None of my words can prepare you for this episode. This is the episode that last Saturday kaubocks proclaimed "I CAN'T FUCKIN' WAIT FOR NEXT FRIDAY'S EPISODE". Here you go please enjoy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh my god it's friday i got so lost in gdq

i'm so happy about this video

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This entire dumb game is adorable.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It is ridiculous how much bullshit you can do in that house.

I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't realize Vinny would erase Leo's drawing on the painting and you could just go back and forth doodling and fixing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That was the true reason they wanted to get into the house. :allears:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

In case nobody's pointed it out already Panzer: The cannon-looking thing they pushed over was a cement mixer.

edit: oh god why are there so many prompts in the house.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 29, 2018

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
You know, I was pretty on the fence about this game but it's a very good video game, actually.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I cannot believe they programmed a rhythm minigame -and- a horseshoe tossing minigame for this farm you're breaking and entering and whose owners are like 2 minutes away tops.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

SubNat posted:

In case nobody's pointed it out already Panzer: The cannon-looking thing they pushed over was a cement mixer.

I kept thinking an old ice cream mixer, which makes less sense.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
You don't keep your giant ice cream mixer in your horse barn?

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT

SubNat posted:

Because there's I think around three or four hubs in this game (including the house), where you basically get the chance to dick around after all you've been through.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Oh my god they put so much effort in the little ways to dick around. You can really tell the devs loved their work and hot drat it's so much more fun for it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This update changed my opinion of this game from silly and dumb to honestly genius. This is exactly how you should handle a co-op game. Even the dumb plot works, cause with a friend it's much more fun to riff on a stupid story than get quietly invested in a good one.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"How are you so good at imaginary horsehoes!?"

Jesus this video literally made me laugh until I almost vomited.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Tenebrais posted:

This update changed my opinion of this game from silly and dumb to honestly genius. This is exactly how you should handle a co-op game. Even the dumb plot works, cause with a friend it's much more fun to riff on a stupid story than get quietly invested in a good one.

The stealth genius things earlier are that the prompts for the QTE stuff are very generous so it doesn't matter much if you or your friend mess up a little and that any failures are handled pretty quickly with no long stretches of progress to re-do. Those aren't going to get more than passing notice but by making it really accessible there's about zero chance for players to get frustrated or stuck where they can't move on to the next environment to dick around in.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I can't help but think what kind of psychopaths these guys would be in an alternate timeline where they assaulted that old couple.
Just imagine them laying there, tied up and maybe unconscious, while the guys take a break by the fireplace and making prank calls, while stealing cookies.

"We should do the dishes. It's the least we can do."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

malkav11 posted:

this farm you're breaking and entering and whose owners are like 2 minutes away tops.
Yeah, those horses were just startled and would have run for, like, 30 seconds, if that. They might just have run outside and stopped. Then they probably would have turned around and come home again because where else are they going to go?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I was watching the Westworld season finale again and one of the tech/behavior guys named Costa sounded extremely similar to our good boy Vincent and it turns out it's the same actor: Fares Fares. He's much better on WW than here.

That house reminded me a good bit of Last of Us which is not something I thought I'd say of this game but it was a really cool section kinda shoved into a game that most people wouldn't expect it to have. Plus the straight-up glee of Panzer and Kaubocks at it all makes it that much better.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sir Potato posted:

I was watching the Westworld season finale again and one of the tech/behavior guys named Costa sounded extremely similar to our good boy Vincent and it turns out it's the same actor: Fares Fares. He's much better on WW than here.

He's the brother of the director too, so maybe he was phoning it in in this one?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

White Coke posted:

He's the brother of the director too, so maybe he was phoning it in in this one?

In fairness, it takes a different skill set to VA than it does to do traditional acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also I feel like the VA kind of fits the general tone of the game. The game feels like a silly, inoffensive, charming little b-movie that is super earnest about itself.

• Locked thread