Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
MockingQuantum

ICYMTSITWH&CT [In Case You Missed The Story In The Welcome Hello & Chat Thread]:

quote:

there's a place about an hour's drive from my hometown that used to be a frontier town, it's since turned into a bit of a cowboy tourist town, but my family has history there so I've spent a lot of time there. in fact, both my grandparents and great grandparents are buried in a cemetery up in these cool, craggy badlands hills. So once I wandered around the cemetery, just looking at some really old headstones.

Well, turns out the town had a history of people coming through at the height of the railroad days so there were a bunch of gravestones for unknown people who died in town. There used to be a bunch that basically just said "man who died in shootout" or whatever, though some historian has been progressively figuring out who a lot of them probably were, but at least the last time I was out there, there were still two that read "Soldier Who Fell Off The RR Bridge" and, my fav, "Man The Bank Fell On"

so after I told this story, it got me thinking: there are some distinct benefits to an anonymous headstone, and I think I'd like one. That way if I ever go into international espionage, my family will be safe, or if I get super famous my fans won't try to dig up by body and steal bits of it like noted composers Franz Joseph Haydn or Jim Morrison.

I'm having trouble thinking up a good headstone that perfectly encapsulates my life, though. What would you put on your anonymous tombstone, if you had to write it right this moment? Disclaimer: do not feel compelled to share an anonymous headstone that encapsulates your life if that's more information than you're comfortable revealing. it could instead encapsulate someone else's life, or perhaps the life of a beloved fictional friend. Standard rules apply, no doxxing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A Man Who Values His Privacy

Splatmaster

HAIKOOLIGAN

Manifisto

The Occupant Is Out In ???

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Free Candy but there's no candy just bones

MockingQuantum

I want one that says

opposite one that says

thank you FactsAreUseless and Vanisher for the summeriest of sigs!

Manifisto

MockingQuantum posted:

I want one that says

opposite one that says

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Gone And Also Forgotten

spectres of autism

~it's like people say we're all gonna die
but me it's different i'm not trying to be alive~

Was Extremely Online

Manifisto

Hello So Sorry For Your Loss, I'm Dad

Splatmaster

HAIKOOLIGAN

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Found In A Hormel Chili Vat

Manifisto

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Insert Coin To Pay Respects

Manifisto

For Sale: Slightly Used Headstone

Inquire Within

Splatmaster

HAIKOOLIGAN

BYOB fun all year long! Sigs by: Manifisto and Vanisher, awesome BYOB people!!

MockingQuantum

Duckbox

They Never Found My Body

Barking Gecko

No wuckers, mate.

Manifisto

The Gravecutter Was Instructed To Do A Version Of The "Loss" Meme On My Headstone

However He Had Too Much Dignity For That

Biscats n Gravy

"All According to Keikaku"

City of Glompton

op posted:

What would you put on your anonymous tombstone, if you had to write it right this moment? 

I was recently reading the news and so:

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it
Dig Me Up and Play My Ribs Like a Xylophone

(Use my skull for sex stuff)

Luvcow

Manifisto

(in a very quiet graveside voice) *sniff* f-fully . . . sexual snail . . .

MockingQuantum

TK8325

Hugh Malone

Cool thread MQ!

another byob success story

MockingQuantum

That's kind of you to say but it is truly byob which should be thanked for the cool thread so

Mummy Napkin

b double e double r u n beer run

Twenty Four

HAIKOOLIGAN

MockingQuantum posted:

I want one that says

opposite one that says

Sig by Manifisto <3

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Fashioned for me a cummerbund for my aptitude as a scuffler. i am Honored.

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Fashioned for me a cummerbund for my aptitude as a scuffler. i am Honored.

Abugadu

Barking Gecko

No wuckers, mate.

Manifisto

MockingQuantum

excellent weekend/early monday headstones friends, well done

twoday

MYN GLAS
LOOPT RAS

hamjobs

space queen

Excuse me but did the bustin make him feel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeicebreakers

bury me with a kraft dinner

limeicebreakers fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2018 around 21:25

«2 »