Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Wormskull posted:

Allow me to proudly be the first to say... THERE'S A FRONT PAGE?!

ikr? fuckin weird poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Kongming posted:

I love all the menus and loading screens in survival horror because it feels like a "break" from all the terrible stuff that is happening and it lets you feel safe for a moment. For me it has a calming effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-CV0GOmiPg

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

not sure if it counts but I'll always love the UI in the Danganronpa class trials, it's so weird and frantic and captures the spirit of the game perfectly. All the menus are great honestly , like I was charmed by the difficulty selection screen in V3 as soon as it popped up. I like how all the in-game menus are diagetic with your characters tablet computer too and the descriptions of all the options are like in-world stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I gotta play 2 and 3 I liked 1 a lot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need to play all of them. I picked up 1+2 for PS4 recently

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I gotta play 2 and 3 I liked 1 a lot.

2 is awesome and i'm only on the first chapter of 3 and my mind is already racing with theories of what's going on this time. It also seems like they added a lot more interactive/gameplay stuff outside of just Class Trials which is cool

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

goferchan posted:

2 is awesome and i'm only on the first chapter of 3 and my mind is already racing with theories of what's going on this time. It also seems like they added a lot more interactive/gameplay stuff outside of just Class Trials which is cool

I'm nearly at the end of 3. It's so good. In the previous games (or in a lot of other detective games), if you'd figured out the mystery ahead of time, it could be kind of tedious to just let you answer and move the game forward, but in this one, they take your deductions and expectations into account in a really satisfying way.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The bits they've shown of the UI in the upcoming Pathologic 2 are extremely pleasing to me for some reason

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The "how" of the crimes in 2 (just like in some of 1) are incredibly lame from what i remember, but its all made up by what i think is a better protag and a pretty good ultimate luck student

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is dangan ropen the game where the chicks like. Oh look it’s the whore with the biggest tits in the world.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Is dangan ropen the game where the chicks like. Oh look it’s the whore with the biggest tits in the world.

no thats senran kagura

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I thought that was from Disgaea 5 wasn't it? Whatever it is i've played it

edit: Oh. I have NOT played it!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Everyone is as flat as a board in Disgaea.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that was a different game. If it's a Vita game the screenshot will have the logo of the game on it somewhere

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Disgaea 5 there’s a clan you can put characters in that gives them +10% stats if they have a flat chest lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Everyone is as flat as a board in Disgaea.

Not Senator Bimbo the Succubus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It's the senran kagura cooking rhythm game. I took that screenshot

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

It's the senran kagura cooking rhythm game. I took that screenshot

I know.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

In Disgaea 5 there’s a clan you can put characters in that gives them +10% stats if they have a flat chest lol.

"Few franchises can get away with feeling this similar from version to version, but Disgaea is just that deep." -IGN.com
"Another marvelous entry in this phenomenal strategy game series, and our undisputed pick for Game Of The Year 2015." -BadGame.net
"... An excellent title for any gamer." -Playstation Universe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

"Few franchises can get away with feeling this similar from version to version, but Disgaea is just that deep." -IGN.com
"Another marvelous entry in this phenomenal strategy game series, and our undisputed pick for Game Of The Year 2015." -BadGame.net

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Spoderman posted:

I'm nearly at the end of 3. It's so good. In the previous games (or in a lot of other detective games), if you'd figured out the mystery ahead of time, it could be kind of tedious to just let you answer and move the game forward, but in this one, they take your deductions and expectations into account in a really satisfying way.

Chapter 1 just blew my freaking head off. So good. Also lol I remember the executions in the first 2 games being a little more slapstick, this one was hard to watch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wtf lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Allow me to proudly be the first to say... THERE'S A FRONT PAGE?!

:cb:

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guGkqS0R2FU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56OGkeo6r5I

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Menus, Pause, Loading is the new game from the creator of Cook Serve Delicious 1and 2, that is all about working as a cashier at a gamestop

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

pronounce menus like penus. thank me later.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

Chapter 1 just blew my freaking head off. So good. Also lol I remember the executions in the first 2 games being a little more slapstick, this one was hard to watch

And again with chapter 2 :stare: this game is way darker lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Like the first 2 games are all "this person is in the circus so we're going to shoot them out of a cannon into the sun :)" but v3 is like (big chapter 1 spoiler)this person is a professional pianist so let's hang them in a noose and bounce their body around a giant piano to play a horrible off-key melody until they suffocate to death"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

lol this was so much loving better

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the menus i like are the ones that can be navigated as fast as you can press the buttons to navigate it. and ones where you can still run around and stuff while youre using them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

lol this was so much loving better

its the best console menu ever and they patched it out to serve ads, thats when i knew the xbox was about to hit peak win

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

everything about the first xbox makes me think of incredibly bad technoy 90s cgi like it came straight of an early geforce box

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the xbox one (no, not THAT one :rolleyes:) is this picture in motion

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ArfJason posted:

the xbox one (no, not THAT one :rolleyes:) is this picture in motion

this is the GPU in your current computer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

everything about the first xbox makes me think of incredibly bad technoy 90s cgi like it came straight of an early geforce box

The original Xbox GPU is basically a modified GeForce 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Yeah. It’s so cool

• Locked thread