Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

M's gonna end the drought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Some Numbers posted:

Obviously this season has been fantastic so far, but I think the best part is that the Ms have actually been playing better since Cano got suspended.

There were MULTIPLE games that the Mariners won in which Gordon Beckham and Andrew Romine were the middle infielders.

I would go so far as to say that the M's are doing well because Cano got suspended.

1995: Lose Griffey for half the season due to injury => first playoff appearance
2000: Trade away Johnson in '98 and Griffey in off-season => ALCS
2001: Lose A-Rod via free-agency => 116 wins
2018: Lose Cano for half the season due to hot piss => ????????

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tony Phillips posted:

This the place for future tears?

Yes, tears of joy as YOUR SEATTLE MARINERS end the longest active playoff drought in American sports :qq:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

kensei posted:

gently caress

Yes

I love my dead gay baseball team

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Yeah at this point I want to see how many one run games we can win. Itís getting sort of insane.

I'm looking forward to next year's commercials touting the importance of run conservation

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

anyone else kinda pissed there was only one wildcard spot for so long? M's would've tied for the second spot in 2002 and had it outright in 2003

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tony Phillips posted:

Ohtani 0-4 with 3 Ks. I can gloat with that.

:yeshaha:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

HEY NONG MAN posted:

So this is how itís gonna be. God dammit.

silver-lining: it'll make it easier to tell the org to gently caress off with their demands for cash to sign the lease.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Keith Atherton posted:

Well the Mariners are bad and Seahawks are going to be bad and there is no basketball in Seattle. Feels like 2008!

Blue Wave: Confirmed

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Shiroc posted:

I didn't actually watch the game, but can someone tell me why Felix was left out to die so utterly? Just based on the box it makes no sense why he went out for the 6th at all.

probably to crush Felix's spirit so he'll accept long-relief/mop-up duty

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://twitter.com/MattGHall/status/1027288527174868992

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

some v serious battered fan syndrome itt

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

disabling notifications for the mlb app has been the best thing I've done in the last two weeks

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah but it's the laziest most generic "fan" thing in the loving world like the "Wave"

Seattle sports fans being Seattle sports fans I guess

it's either that or zombie nation. pick your poison

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Shiroc posted:

My heart tells me that the Mariners are going to hold on just long enough to get eliminated at home by the As. A terrible collapse concluding with the As celebrating on the Mariners own field. Maybe even with Fernando Rodney finishing it and doing the goddamn arrow.

really want to see this

specifically a palette-swapped version of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

M's never going to the playoffs

• Locked thread