Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The Mariners still lead in the "Not Actively Seeking Out Player With Criminal Charges For Domestic Violence" stat, so they have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Rays have tied the Mariners. Fire Dipoto, fire Servais, get rid of everyone except Diaz, Haniger and Segura.

e: Paxton, Gonzalez and Leblanc can stay too.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 11, 2018

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I feel like Healy's skillset could be easily replaced, even if not for a cost savings, but with somebody more entertaining. Bring back Dae-Ho Lee.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
If Seager bounces back at all next season, he might be somewhat more movable than Cano and Felix, even if he wouldn't get too much back.

Maybe the Mariners do need to trade all of the good young guys for an army of prospects, so that by time they're ready, all of the bad contracts are on the way out.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Remember when Rickie Weeks played left field for the Mariners? That was weird.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Whenever I see someone wearing Smoak or Ackley gear, I always feel a slight pang of pity.

I used to really like Brad Miller for some reason. Maybe its because my abbreviated little league career also consisted of power the rare times I could actually hit the ball and terrible fielding.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
To be accurate, it is being swept by the Padres in the 4 game season series and now officially being lower in the standings than the Rays, who don't even have an actual starting rotation.

Seconding Ichiro for manager.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I have tickets to the last two games of the season. At this point I'm just hoping that I get to see Bartolo pitch.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My heart tells me that the Mariners are going to hold on just long enough to get eliminated at home by the As. A terrible collapse concluding with the As celebrating on the Mariners own field. Maybe even with Fernando Rodney finishing it and doing the goddamn arrow.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
In a reversal from Felix, Paxton slowly increases his innings over the years, having lower inning counts of dominance for years, progressing to becoming a mediocre 200+ innings guy later in his career.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Part of me wishes I could go to the game on Wednesday to see Kuma throw out the first pitch. He was the guy that got me to really follow this dumb team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Jean and Dee really clearly hate each other.

• Locked thread