Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Went to the Rainiers game, Robbie played 1B. Went 1-3 with a walk and probably should have been charged an error on a bobbled grounder. One gentleman very vocally and repeatedly expressed his displeasure at a perceived lack of hustle down the first base line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I didn't actually watch the game, but can someone tell me why Felix was left out to die so utterly? Just based on the box it makes no sense why he went out for the 6th at all.

Pen got used up in the 12 inning game on Monday so they couldn't really jump to relief early. That it happened to be a Felix start was most unfortunate.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

The Ms are back, baby

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

What's Big Tom up to these days?

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

:siren: Felix is being moved to the bullpen :siren:

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

I think I'm finally ready to trust Eddie

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Nick Vincent without a beard is weirding me out

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Pungry posted:

I'd like to know who else would be the fifth starter, though. Is Iwakuma anywhere close to being back?

Hisashi Iwakuma is never going to pitch again and I will have to find new excuses to wear my bear hat

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

At least Scott got a neat haircut, that was fun

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

The Mariners' MO is doing just well enough to get you to believe so they can break your heart. I wasn't gonna fall for it this year but dammit they got me again.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I had wondered how many more years Seager had on his contract and found this page: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/seattle-mariners-salaries-and-contracts.shtml

I knew the Mariners had most of their money wrapped up in just a few guys, but I hadn't realized just how stark it was.

We're paying Leake WHAT?

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

GOD I love Robbie's bat... not flip, but the way he just drops it over the shoulder on that bomb.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

If you told me before the start of the season that we'd be inside of 20 games remaining having been below .500 at no point during the year and Eddie having 50+ saves I would've been thrilled and also pretty sure you were a liar.

And yet, this being the Mariners, have found a way to turn that into another crushing disappointment.

That's my Ms.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Shiroc posted:

My heart tells me that the Mariners are going to hold on just long enough to get eliminated at home by the As. A terrible collapse concluding with the As celebrating on the Mariners own field. Maybe even with Fernando Rodney finishing it and doing the goddamn arrow.

This is the most Mariners way it could happen so it is pretty much a certainty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Felix will get another start this year because hell why not

Because the season is now in garbage time with no pressure he will pitch an excellent game and be named the 2019 opening day starter

I will yell impotently about it at no one in particular

• Locked thread